• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long should I expect to wait for a Jantzen?

prozach1576

Reaction score
I placed an order online for the first time yesterday. From what I gather they can be quite erratic with shipping times and responding. I don't need the shirt for a while, but I just wanted to get a ballpark estimate.

Will I receive a confirmation email soon or not until the shirt is made and shipped?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between 4 weeks and infinity

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
the answer my friend
is blowing in the wind
the answer is blowing in the wind

prozach1576

Reaction score
Basically, I'm gonna need a lot more shirts starting in early May. Of course I didn't want to order more than one for the first time in case my measurements are off.

It hurts knowing that I'm going to have to buy crappy RTW shirts for more than the price of a Jantzen. ~$50 is just about what I can afford.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
Basically, I'm gonna need a lot more shirts starting in early May. Of course I didn't want to order more than one for the first time in case my measurements are off.

It hurts knowing that I'm going to have to buy crappy RTW shirts for more than the price of a Jantzen. ~$50 is just about what I can afford.

Sounds like dicey timing. Of course, you could start calling (more effective than emailing) regularly after three weeks or so; my general impression is that if you're willing to be a pain ********** you can generally (although not always) manage to move your stuff to the front of the line.

sam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576

Try MySuitShop.com. Quick turnaround time, but lesser quality fabrics than Jantzen. Comparable prices. See here for a review.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I advise people to order shirts for their sons at the same time as they start investigating appropriate pre-school placements.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order about a month and a half ago.

Sent him perhaps 6 emails, asking him to confirm that he received my order, and also telling him that my address has changed and that he needs to send it to a new one.

He never responded to any of them.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The excitement of ordering from Jantzen is never knowing if/when your order will arrive.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan

Sent him perhaps 6 emails, asking him to confirm that he received my order, and also telling him that my address has changed and that he needs to send it to a new one.

Yeah - "Chinese New Year" seems to be the standard answer from, say, mid-October til late May....
plain.gif

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
I placed an order in November of last year. I have received nothing. No email or anything at all.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan

Yeah, my experience is that Ricky responds to about 1 out of every 8 emails, so you're well within the normal range. As I said, calling seems to work better (although it's a pain **********, given the time difference and all).

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been saying for years that I'd send him a shirt to duplicate, and then go from there, but I have yet to find a well-fitting shirt I'm willing to part with not knowing if I'd ever get it back. Maybe I should send measurements and hypnotize myself into forgetting that I did.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
phone calls help on the first order - and it also seems to help once he gets to know you. i know that with every order i have placed, the turn-around time seems to be quicker and quicker. my first shirt took a good 2 months - i'm now down to around a month. but you really can't think about it - it makes the excitement of receviing that beat up looking package all the more enjoyable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics