how are the armholes? What did you decide to do with the suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS Last post on 12/5/15 at 11:54am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Got my Black Lapel MTM suit today, please critique fit. - Page 2post #17 of 2212/11/12 at 3:04am
I have quite a lot of experience with BL and remakes. They are terrific at helping you out and I've learned a lot in the process.
Here's what I see/recommend if you choose to do a remake on the jacket:
1) You have significant collar gapping going on in the back and on the right side of the jacket collar. If you remake the jacket with "hunched" posture, not "normal" posture, that should fix that.
2) Try bear hugging the air. Is your chest tight or do you still have extra fabric there? I'd measure down accordingly. Looks like you have room to go down a little.
3) Sleeves should be shortened an inch or so (measure to top of where thumb meets your hand).
4) I know others said your shoulders are fine, but I think they should be shortened 0.5" like you said.
5) The width of the end of your sleeve looks too big. I'd remeasure your wrists again with their videos.
Other than that, looking great! Good luck.post #18 of 2212/12/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
I think the suit looks really good and only needs minor alterations (other than the sleeves, I would definitely order it with fake buttons to avoid this). I would get it remade because of the sleeves, unless you can find a tailor that can shorten them.
How is the quality of the suit? How would you say it compares to something like Hugo Boss. Is the chest slightly big because you measured yourself incorrectly or just the way they cut it and is that the slim fit?
I've had tailors shorten suits from the top and they came out great so you can probably find one if you look hard enough.
As for the functional vs. fake buttonholes, I'd order without any holes, but with the ability to have functional buttonholes added. More tailors can make those well than fixing sleeves from the shoulder.post #19 of 2212/12/12 at 6:44pmThread Starterpost #20 of 2212/12/12 at 7:57pm
Its kind of funny but I looked at the pic's you posted and I want to get a suit like that. I checked out there web site and not one of the models is wearing something I like. I love the the size and balance on the lapels of the suit you have there. It really makes it look good. I hope the remake comes out that way as well.post #21 of 2212/12/12 at 10:04pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Wanted: Brooks Brothers ESF 15/34 OCBDs 48 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › BNIB - Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial Boots - Tan Bison 9 7 minutes ago
- › Trousertown 8 minutes ago
- › My week in suits 11 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 17 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...