how are the armholes? What did you decide to do with the suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
- [SOLD] NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Got my Black Lapel MTM suit today, please critique fit. - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 2212/11/12 at 3:04am
I have quite a lot of experience with BL and remakes. They are terrific at helping you out and I've learned a lot in the process.
Here's what I see/recommend if you choose to do a remake on the jacket:
1) You have significant collar gapping going on in the back and on the right side of the jacket collar. If you remake the jacket with "hunched" posture, not "normal" posture, that should fix that.
2) Try bear hugging the air. Is your chest tight or do you still have extra fabric there? I'd measure down accordingly. Looks like you have room to go down a little.
3) Sleeves should be shortened an inch or so (measure to top of where thumb meets your hand).
4) I know others said your shoulders are fine, but I think they should be shortened 0.5" like you said.
5) The width of the end of your sleeve looks too big. I'd remeasure your wrists again with their videos.
Other than that, looking great! Good luck.post #18 of 2212/12/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
I think the suit looks really good and only needs minor alterations (other than the sleeves, I would definitely order it with fake buttons to avoid this). I would get it remade because of the sleeves, unless you can find a tailor that can shorten them.
How is the quality of the suit? How would you say it compares to something like Hugo Boss. Is the chest slightly big because you measured yourself incorrectly or just the way they cut it and is that the slim fit?
I've had tailors shorten suits from the top and they came out great so you can probably find one if you look hard enough.
As for the functional vs. fake buttonholes, I'd order without any holes, but with the ability to have functional buttonholes added. More tailors can make those well than fixing sleeves from the shoulder.post #19 of 2212/12/12 at 6:44pmThread Starterpost #20 of 2212/12/12 at 7:57pm
Its kind of funny but I looked at the pic's you posted and I want to get a suit like that. I checked out there web site and not one of the models is wearing something I like. I love the the size and balance on the lapels of the suit you have there. It really makes it look good. I hope the remake comes out that way as well.post #21 of 2212/12/12 at 10:04pm
- Got my Black Lapel MTM suit today, please critique fit.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Bonobos Casual Oxford Shirt Mens Slim Fit Medium Light Blue 2 minutes ago
- › *Updated 11/15 Handmade Leather Card Wallet 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Head Porter Plus pants in Vintage wash 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...