how are the armholes? What did you decide to do with the suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Got my Black Lapel MTM suit today, please critique fit. - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 2212/11/12 at 3:04am
I have quite a lot of experience with BL and remakes. They are terrific at helping you out and I've learned a lot in the process.
Here's what I see/recommend if you choose to do a remake on the jacket:
1) You have significant collar gapping going on in the back and on the right side of the jacket collar. If you remake the jacket with "hunched" posture, not "normal" posture, that should fix that.
2) Try bear hugging the air. Is your chest tight or do you still have extra fabric there? I'd measure down accordingly. Looks like you have room to go down a little.
3) Sleeves should be shortened an inch or so (measure to top of where thumb meets your hand).
4) I know others said your shoulders are fine, but I think they should be shortened 0.5" like you said.
5) The width of the end of your sleeve looks too big. I'd remeasure your wrists again with their videos.
Other than that, looking great! Good luck.post #18 of 2212/12/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
I think the suit looks really good and only needs minor alterations (other than the sleeves, I would definitely order it with fake buttons to avoid this). I would get it remade because of the sleeves, unless you can find a tailor that can shorten them.
How is the quality of the suit? How would you say it compares to something like Hugo Boss. Is the chest slightly big because you measured yourself incorrectly or just the way they cut it and is that the slim fit?
I've had tailors shorten suits from the top and they came out great so you can probably find one if you look hard enough.
As for the functional vs. fake buttonholes, I'd order without any holes, but with the ability to have functional buttonholes added. More tailors can make those well than fixing sleeves from the shoulder.post #19 of 2212/12/12 at 6:44pmThread Starterpost #20 of 2212/12/12 at 7:57pm
Its kind of funny but I looked at the pic's you posted and I want to get a suit like that. I checked out there web site and not one of the models is wearing something I like. I love the the size and balance on the lapels of the suit you have there. It really makes it look good. I hope the remake comes out that way as well.post #21 of 2212/12/12 at 10:04pm
- Got my Black Lapel MTM suit today, please critique fit.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate... 23 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 34 minutes ago
- › Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf. 37 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 39 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...