how are the armholes? What did you decide to do with the suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 12/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS Last post on 12/5/15 at 11:54am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:22pm in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Got my Black Lapel MTM suit today, please critique fit. - Page 2post #17 of 2212/11/12 at 3:04am
I have quite a lot of experience with BL and remakes. They are terrific at helping you out and I've learned a lot in the process.
Here's what I see/recommend if you choose to do a remake on the jacket:
1) You have significant collar gapping going on in the back and on the right side of the jacket collar. If you remake the jacket with "hunched" posture, not "normal" posture, that should fix that.
2) Try bear hugging the air. Is your chest tight or do you still have extra fabric there? I'd measure down accordingly. Looks like you have room to go down a little.
3) Sleeves should be shortened an inch or so (measure to top of where thumb meets your hand).
4) I know others said your shoulders are fine, but I think they should be shortened 0.5" like you said.
5) The width of the end of your sleeve looks too big. I'd remeasure your wrists again with their videos.
Other than that, looking great! Good luck.post #18 of 2212/12/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
I think the suit looks really good and only needs minor alterations (other than the sleeves, I would definitely order it with fake buttons to avoid this). I would get it remade because of the sleeves, unless you can find a tailor that can shorten them.
How is the quality of the suit? How would you say it compares to something like Hugo Boss. Is the chest slightly big because you measured yourself incorrectly or just the way they cut it and is that the slim fit?
I've had tailors shorten suits from the top and they came out great so you can probably find one if you look hard enough.
As for the functional vs. fake buttonholes, I'd order without any holes, but with the ability to have functional buttonholes added. More tailors can make those well than fixing sleeves from the shoulder.post #19 of 2212/12/12 at 6:44pmThread Starterpost #20 of 2212/12/12 at 7:57pm
Its kind of funny but I looked at the pic's you posted and I want to get a suit like that. I checked out there web site and not one of the models is wearing something I like. I love the the size and balance on the lapels of the suit you have there. It really makes it look good. I hope the remake comes out that way as well.post #21 of 2212/12/12 at 10:04pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott Co - Cast 2 Spring Denim Jeans SZ 30 2 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Naples Tailors - seeking any experience or advice ? 6 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › SECOND SET! SIX MORE Beautiful Summer Jackets! c.36 - 46. Vintage... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding