or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Reverse tying your tie .... like at School
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reverse tying your tie .... like at School - Page 2

post #16 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsugsu View Post

Why?

Why - to what?

post #17 of 37

Probably to be rebellious and flout rules and regulations for good order and discipline.

 

Showing no respect for the school that is trying to give a good education, probably for free. It is a known fact that people generally do not respect things they don't have to work and pay for themselves.

 

Lack of severity of consequence is also a huge problem

post #18 of 37
Nothing is new.

At school in the late 70s/early 80s, we did exactly that. Our school ties from the approved outfitters were all 4.5"+ bladed seventies monstrosities. So we reversed them and wore the thin (back) end out and tucked the kipper end in our shirts, in an effort to look like like the young Paul Weller. The young Paul Weller if he was wearing a provincial school uniform, had acne, and a crush on Victoria Principal.

Magnificent to hear that this style has been revived... Sort of.
post #19 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Nothing is new.
At school in the late 70s/early 80s, we did exactly that. Our school ties from the approved outfitters were all 4.5"+ bladed seventies monstrosities. So we reversed them and wore the thin (back) end out and tucked the kipper end in our shirts, in an effort to look like like the young Paul Weller. The young Paul Weller if he was wearing a provincial school uniform, had acne, and a crush on Victoria Principal.
Magnificent to hear that this style has been revived... Sort of.

So you approve of it yeah? What length thin you have your's?

post #20 of 37
Thread Starter 

Anyone else do this then/anyone else a fan of the style?

post #21 of 37
Thread Starter 

If I join this Travel and Tourism Course at College - where we have to wear a Course Tie, i sure will start doing it the Skinny bit alone out if they like it or not!! Any idea's on length's please guy's?

post #22 of 37
It will have to be pretty short or else some of the fat end will be under your collar and look bad.
post #23 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

It will have to be pretty short or else some of the fat end will be under your collar and look bad.

You reckon it might be possible though, yes?

post #24 of 37
I'm fairly certain this is only SF-approved with an Eric Glennie tie.
post #25 of 37
True iGents / iMasters source the school silk pattern and get their school tie tailor made.
post #26 of 37

It's an abomination against good taste. Skinny ties in general are pretty stupid.

post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavlad View Post

Anyone else do/or have tried this?

You're better than this.

post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase H View Post

It's an abomination against good taste. Skinny ties in general are pretty stupid.

 

Oh please. Skinny ties can look great and have been worn by some of the most stylish men of all time.  Im not talking comically skinny ties.

You're first sentence is accurate, however.

post #29 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

You're better than this.

How do you know i'm better than this? We don't even know each other.

post #30 of 37
You could always send the tie to tiecrafters and have them narrow it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Reverse tying your tie .... like at School