or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Biggest bs answer from a online retailer (Everlane)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Biggest bs answer from a online retailer (Everlane) - Page 2

post #16 of 34
Thread Starter 

So first really great we can get a couple of differing opinions on the issue. But really I am not sure how ground mail can go to the Alaska, or how Military bases in germany, bypass german customs?

 

I have enclosed a map to help our southern friends;

 

(hint the green is Canada for you non-cartography types)

'merica, with the 'mericans is orange and you wanted to invade yellow recently, cause you used to own it once but really tell me how UPS ground can stay on 'merican soil and deliver to Alaska the state at the top left side?  

 

 

 

Second I get gun parts shipped here from the USA, with no customs paperwork from brownells- hummmm gun parts vs t-shirt? (I used to ship chemicals internationally and cross border, clearing customs my self both ways- its a bs excuse that they cannot ship here)

 

Step back for a sec and its funny that a startup can refuse money over a couple lines of existing code, and that people have to beg them to take money and they have to make excuses.

 

Jesus, I would like to be a position like that.

post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post

So first really great we can get a couple of differing opinions on the issue. But really I am not sure how ground mail can go to the Alaska, or how Military bases in germany, bypass german customs?


You obviously don't get it. Mail to a US military base or to Alaska doesn't clear customs. The purpose of customs is to impose taxes and enforce import restrictions. Neither apply to shipping to US territories.

They don't' want to deal with the headache, currently. Move on and quit whining. Find someone to proxy for you.
post #18 of 34
Thread Starter 

Don't tell me to quit whining. Don't tell me to do anything. Let the grownups talk.

 

What- (if everlane is outsourcing shipping management) Everlane doesn't understand is that they are getting bad information.

 

If their Shipping guy is in Quebec- ONLY QUEBEC has local bi-lingual (municipal) sign requirements and labeling bylaws- this does not have anything or is enforceable to items shipped in for individuals- otherwise you would see amazon shipping bi-lingual books 2x the size of english ones.

 

The guy in quebec should be fired, as he is misleading the shipping company and their client- losing millions in revenue for black Friday, xmas and boxing day. In just 2 months alone because he is pushing a personal agenda- Quebec is our south, always unhappy and want to separate and god love them for that but the information is not correct.    

 

Let’s assume amazon knows better, they ship to Quebec. And 1 province is not the whole country. There is no label requirements in Canada regarding personal items shipped in to individuals.  (NAFTA)

 

This is directly from Visa to US retailers selling in Canada.

 

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/Visa_e-commerce_cross-border_handbook-July_2010.pdf

post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post

Got this back from everlane explaining why they cannot ship to Canada.
How lame can a retailer get?
Answer: hopefully not as lame as Everlane.
Got this back from customer service;

"Thanks for your note and interest in Everlane. We would love to start shipping to our northern neighbors right away; unfortunately, it's not as simple as it sounds (as we've learned). To ship internationally, traditional retailers typically work through third party logistics providers who deal with customs and paperwork. The retailer just sets up the backend APIs and works with their vendors around country-specific merchandising and inventory. Challenging but doable.
For us, it's even more complicated. Canada also demands label changes (e.g., bilingual and different content) that require us to work with our factories to change our merchandise. As you can imagine, that requires a longer lead time and more coordination, which we're working on.
We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we are aiming to be able to ship outside the U.S. within the next six months to a few countries and then to other destinations later in 2013. "

They site a weak shipping excuse, a yahoo store can ship to Canada.
How they can ship free to guam, europe and alaska (which is thru canada) but not to paid to canada, also why can every other store big and small can ship to canada?
Sighting non-existent bilingual requirement- Total BS there is only a retailing requirement with food(not enforced) none of my clothing, stuff etc has bilingual anything.
Customs- none under $100 and over its 3 line items if you really want or the shipper can it it- 1. what 2. quantity 3. value.
gee, it sounds like a receipt or packing slip.
This lameness just killed it for me, never ordering from them ever- not like I can anyway. ; ) its just so 1996.

What? They don't ship to Europe.
post #20 of 34
I would say Everlane is probably telling you the truth. If you buy on Amazon and wanted it shipped to Canada, more likely than not, it will be rejected. Its happened to me a few times.
post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post

Don't tell me to quit whining. Don't tell me to do anything. Let the grownups talk.

What- (if everlane is outsourcing shipping management) Everlane doesn't understand is that they are getting bad information.

If their Shipping guy is in Quebec- ONLY QUEBEC has local bi-lingual (municipal) sign requirements and labeling bylaws- this does not have anything or is enforceable to items shipped in for individuals- otherwise you would see amazon shipping bi-lingual books 2x the size of english ones.

The guy in quebec should be fired, as he is misleading the shipping company and their client- losing millions in revenue for black Friday, xmas and boxing day. In just 2 months alone because he is pushing a personal agenda- Quebec is our south, always unhappy and want to separate and god love them for that but the information is not correct.    

Let’s assume amazon knows better, they ship to Quebec. And 1 province is not the whole country. There is no label requirements in Canada regarding personal items shipped in to individuals.  (NAFTA)

This is directly from Visa to US retailers selling in Canada.

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/Visa_e-commerce_cross-border_handbook-July_2010.pdf

Your inability to move on and accept the fact that they can choose whether they want to deal with international shipping makes you sound like a petulant child.
Edited by rebel222 - 12/2/12 at 9:16am
post #22 of 34
They do not ship to Canada. Sucks. They give you their explanation. You say it sucks. So, at the end of it all, in this case it sucks to live in Canada.

Find a proxy, take a trip Stateside, do something other than complaining about something you cannot change.
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post

Don't tell me to quit whining. Don't tell me to do anything. Let the grownups talk.
What we didnt see is an appreciation for receiving a personally drafted response that wasnt just a copy and paste job. Buy your tee-shirt elsewhere
post #24 of 34
the customer service email sounds reasonable. If a retailer could, they would ship internationally. Who doesn't want more business?
post #25 of 34
wow i looked all the posts here. i think the guy is a troll. Probably some of the Everlane's competitor send him here.

I think the big department stores like neiman or barney's start to do international shipping in 09 or 10. Before then, i couldn't ship out of state. Even now, there are still some items couldn't be shipped to Canada. The guy is just ignoring the effort Everlane is putting.
post #26 of 34
insert "butthurt form" jpeg here. in honor of OP.
post #27 of 34
You're being an unreasonable shithead. They gave a very detailed reason why and seem to know exactly what they are talking about. Be patient or buy somewhere else. They know this is losing them business and probably tried to explain thoroughly so that you'll shop with them and not be disgruntled when Canadian shipping is up and running. Alas, you are still acting like a juvenile asshole.

Now apologize. NOW.
post #28 of 34
im glad the OP is the only one who is not getting this. kudos, other SFers. thumbs-up.gif
post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post

Don't tell me to quit whining. Don't tell me to do anything. Let the grownups talk.

Lovely.

As he was trying to point out to you, shipping to Alaska (which is a state, by the way, not a foreign country, despite being non-contiguous not touching) is customs free. For legal purposes, the package doesn't leave the United States. The same is true of shipments to Hawaii (it's a state, too!), Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and a couple of other territories you probably can't find on a map.

Now go away and don't come back until you understand how to use facts and basic logic when posting. That's what grownups do.
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc View Post

Don't tell me to quit whining. Don't tell me to do anything. Let the grownups talk.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Biggest bs answer from a online retailer (Everlane)