or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Highest-Quality Shoe Report Card (Lattanzi, Bontoni, Lobb Kiton, Berluti)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Highest-Quality Shoe Report Card (Lattanzi, Bontoni, Lobb Kiton, Berluti) - Page 9

post #121 of 195
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on shoes. I am new to this fantastic forum. I live in Wesseling a small town between Bonn and Cologne. Germany has many exclusive retail stores that have a great selection of Italian and English shoes. I have experience with some of the brands mentioned in the list -everything from Lattanzi to Edward Green. I no longer buy John Lobb's because I think they have lost their focus and are more dedicated to mass production in my opinion. It also have tried Benson's. I see that someone from the production house has made some comments. I bought two pairs of Benson's at a store in Hamburg. The shoes are not very expensive and have a nice Italian styling. I am very disappointed with the quality. The leather wrinkles too much on the sides for both pairs and the soles on one shoe has already come off. If the person from Benson's reads this, it is possible to get reimbursed or to fix these shoes? Please let me know.
post #122 of 195
Hello BonnGentlmanMode,

Thank you for your feedback. We try to make shoes in better way but maybe we can make some mistake. I disagree about your opinion. The leather is the best. The same leather that use other important brands. For the wrinkle, we use a leather with a vegetable tanning so it is normal to have some wrinkles. For your problem on the sole, you can send to me the shoes and then I will repair it free. I am happy when my customers are too.

My address:
Silvestro Srl
Via A. Murri 61/63
63010 Torre San Patrizio
Italy

Best regards,
Paolo
post #123 of 195
silvestrosrl,

Do you plan to make your shoes available in the United States or must they be ordered directly through you? The shoes are quite nice, I especially like the derbies.

Best regards,

Guero
post #124 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
silvestrosrl,

Do you plan to make your shoes available in the United States or must they be ordered directly through you? The shoes are quite nice, I especially like the derbies.

Best regards,

Guero


I would like to sell in the U.S. market but I don't have experience with that market and I don't know how I can enter inside it. If you have some advice for me, I will be pleased to hear them from you.

Best regards,
Paolo
post #125 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvestrosrl View Post
I would like to sell in the U.S. market but I don't have experience with that market and I don't know how I can enter inside it. If you have some advice for me, I will be pleased to hear them from you.

Best regards,
Paolo

PM sent
post #126 of 195
Benson's shoes of Italy, correct? I have a pair too. The leather cracked on one side after just a few wearings. The leather quality seems weak and not very resistant. Is this normal? The leather of my Ferragamo's that I had bought four years ago hold up better You get what you pay for. Aber Menschen. Ich kann es immer noch nicht glauben :-(
post #127 of 195
Hello Braudorff,

Let me see a picture of that pair of shoes, please.
post #128 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvestrosrl View Post
Hello,

I want to insert my brands (Benson's and Calzoleria Silvestro) because I think our shoes are on the same level of quality with those brands (Lattanzi, Bontoni, Lobb Kiton, Berluti).
For 2 years, I made shoes for Bontoni so now I know all secret to produce a wonderful pair of shoes.
This is my website: www.calzoleriasilvestro.com

Those are some great norvegesi. The high placement of the upper stitching (excuse the lack of specialist vocabulary) is superb.
post #129 of 195
Thank you for your compliments.
LL
post #130 of 195
I would like everyone to know that are a few different names...Nicola Benson's, Benson...but this is not Benson's Hand Made or Silvestro....I really doubt the leather would crack on the pair I own or the two pairs my brother owns....and I think you should double check your shoes to see they are the brand you claim they are. In addition, it may be possible that they are not the higher end hand made models that Silvestro is offering. Best Regards, Spaniard
post #131 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvestrosrl View Post
Hello,

I want to insert my brands (Benson's and Calzoleria Silvestro) because I think our shoes are on the same level of quality with those brands (Lattanzi, Bontoni, Lobb Kiton, Berluti).
For 2 years, I made shoes for Bontoni so now I know all secret to produce a wonderful pair of shoes.
This is my website: www.calzoleriasilvestro.com

Wow. I think the Calvino model may be the first longwing I've ever found attractive.
post #132 of 195
Really? Maybe I just keep some wonderful Model for me without showing them.
post #133 of 195
Can you please provide some idea of pricing on this model. This is the first time I've ever wanted a monkstrap shoe:
post #134 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
Can you please provide some idea of pricing on this model. This is the first time I've ever wanted a monkstrap shoe:

I am not surprised ...they are a pretty sexy waystation between the land of monks and loafers...
post #135 of 195
By more than 46 pairs, do you also mean less than 48? Or do you mean you have 94 shoes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Highest-Quality Shoe Report Card (Lattanzi, Bontoni, Lobb Kiton, Berluti)