or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I Think my Tailor Messed Up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Think my Tailor Messed Up

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
So I got this charcoal suit tailored. While there are no stripes, the pattern of the wool runs horizontal instead of vertical. See pic, it's pretty obvious on the lapel and sleeves but you can see it on the whole suit IRL.



What you guys think, is this a deal breaker?
post #2 of 15
I don't see a problem. I don't even see what you could possibly think is a problem.
post #3 of 15
no worries, you are noticing the grain line of the cloth and it's normal
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

no worries, you are noticing the grain line of the cloth and it's normal

Yea, shouldn't they be vertical?
post #5 of 15
They are both vertical and horizontal or you see a diagonal line on a twill weave. The grain may be more pronounced in one direction than the other for effect. It's intentional.
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

They are both vertical and horizontal or you see a diagonal line on a twill weave. The grain may be more pronounced in one direction than the other for effect. It's intentional.

It's more pronounced in the horizontal direction, is that how it should be?
post #7 of 15
That's like saying the color is charcoal and asking if that's how it should be.

When you say you got the suit "tailored" I assume you mean a bespoke or MTM order? Who was the tailor?
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgt465 View Post

That's like saying the color is charcoal and asking if that's how it should be.
When you say you got the suit "tailored" I assume you mean a bespoke or MTM order? Who was the tailor?

Bespoke from Hong Kong
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post

I don't see a problem. I don't even see what you could possibly think is a problem.

This^^^
post #10 of 15
Perfectly normal. Just accept it.
post #11 of 15

I LOL'ed

post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggi View Post

Bespoke from Hong Kong

so during your multiple fitting visits to hong kong, you didn't notice this?
post #13 of 15
lol this is so silly
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post

I don't see a problem. I don't even see what you could possibly think is a problem.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

no worries, you are noticing the grain line of the cloth and it's normal

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Perfectly normal. Just accept it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

lol this is so silly

 

 

*singing* Trollolololololol Trollololololololol Trollolololololol Trollololololol!!!!!!


Edited by VinnyMac - 11/21/12 at 8:53pm
post #15 of 15
Calm down...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I Think my Tailor Messed Up