or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Valet or Butler stand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Valet or Butler stand - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 

Alright but my intention is not press my trousers.

post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinbmx View Post

I just saw 2 identical ones from Brooks Brothers and Johnston&Murphy
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cedar-Valet-Stand/F109,default,pd.html?dwvar_F109_Color=SHOW&contentpos=32&cgid=0232
http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=696&pid=78277

Could they be re-branded ones just like the Woodlore epic shoe trees?

Are you Chris?
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinbmx View Post

Why is it useless?

It is useless because it takes up space, isn't entirely practical (do you want a shirt or a jacket on there - because there's only proper space for one without creasing them), and how many people, unless you live in a hotel and are living out of a suitcase, constantly get out their clothes the night before to wear in the morning?
post #19 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

It is useless because it takes up space, isn't entirely practical (do you want a shirt or a jacket on there - because there's only proper space for one without creasing them), and how many people, unless you live in a hotel and are living out of a suitcase, constantly get out their clothes the night before to wear in the morning?

Yeah I totally understand your point. Perhaps it not for everyone.

I guess it will suit me since I tend wear my trouser for a few days before washing them. With the stand, I could actually "air" it over night before I wear it again the next day. If you were me, you wouldn't want to keep your "dirty" trouser in your wardrobe with the clean clothes, would you?
post #20 of 28

I put my suit on it at the end of the day to give it a chance to air-out before I stuff it back into the closet. I can't be 100% sure this does any good at all.

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinbmx View Post

Alright but my intention is not press my trousers.

Well, it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinbmx View Post

I guess it will suit me since I tend wear my trouser for a few days before washing them. With the stand, I could actually "air" it over night before I wear it again the next day. If you were me, you wouldn't want to keep your "dirty" trouser in your wardrobe with the clean clothes, would you?

You are the person a trouser press is designed for. A trouser press isn't a substitute for an iron, but it will minimize a lot of wrinkles and refresh the crease. They really do make your pants look much better. Best of all, it takes no effort. You just stick them in the press when you take them off and they are ready to go in the morning.

If you would use a valet stand, you will find a trouser press -- which, to be clear, also has a place to hang your jacket, etc. -- much more useful.
post #22 of 28
If I purchased one, I would use it to hang my jacket and pants after wearing. Would hang them in closet a few hours later or the following morning.
post #23 of 28
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post


Well, it should be.
You are the person a trouser press is designed for. A trouser press isn't a substitute for an iron, but it will minimize a lot of wrinkles and refresh the crease. They really do make your pants look much better. Best of all, it takes no effort. You just stick them in the press when you take them off and they are ready to go in the morning.
If you would use a valet stand, you will find a trouser press -- which, to be clear, also has a place to hang your jacket, etc. -- much more useful.

Ok. I will look into it.

 

Do you use one yourself? What would you recommend?

post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 

This is really nice!

post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinbmx View Post

Ok. I will look into it.

Do you use one yourself? What would you recommend?

Yes, I do. I don't typically wear the same pants twice in a row but I press them before I hang them up.

Corby is the most famous and reliable brand. In the U.S. you can find them for around $200, sometimes less.

http://www.corbyofwindsor.com/store/uk/package/3521/The-Corby-7700-Satin-Chrome-Trouser-Press#.UK0T8Gdj4ng
post #27 of 28
DANG. No Black Friday sales on this.
post #28 of 28

 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate anyone producing new ones for less than around $9000.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Valet or Butler stand