or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Giorgio Armani Men's Suit (Pic)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Giorgio Armani Men's Suit (Pic) - Page 3

post #31 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Dreadful looking rag - send it back or, if you can't, burn it.

What part of it is dreadful? Solid charcoal. Wide Peak lapels. Button stance is a bit high.

I don't understand all the ragging on this suit in the thread. Stylistically, I like it much more than a ton of other suits I see on here.
post #32 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IChen View Post

I think the lapels look great!

 

I'm not as good as other people here at judging how well a suit fits, but I think the pants look a little long.


Sure, I will definitely do the pants if I decide to keep the suit.

post #33 of 65
The shoulders look a bit wide on you and it obviously needs tailoring, most notably the sleeves.
post #34 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post


What part of it is dreadful? Solid charcoal. Wide Peak lapels. Good button stance...
I don't understand all the ragging on this suit in the thread. Stylistically, I like it much more than a ton of other suits I see on here.

 

I like the suit as well. I think it looks a lot better than the other suits with much thinner lapels. I think the suit fits alright (minus pants + long sleeves) on the OP as well. I don't see how the tags are faulty..The suit might be just half canvassed but like you said, stylistically it looks really nice.

 

And has GBR ever posted anything that doesn't contain the words dreadful, burn, shit, crap?

post #35 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanqing Yang View Post


Do you think it fit me?

I think it looks fine, aside from the sleeves and hem like you already noted.

Shoulders look ok, and it has a clean chest, length looks to be fine. The rest, be it tapering the trousers would be up to you.
post #36 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IChen View Post

 

There's some cases here in Boston where Collezioni suits are better than the mainline Black Label. The Collezioni have better fabrics and are actually fully canvassed compared to half. But finding really nice Collezioni suits aren't easy either.

I'm guessing the suit is half canvassed, I haven't found a fused black label yet, but that's just me. I'm pretty sure the regular mainline black labels are now all half canvassed. And the higher lines are fully canvassed.


How can I know whether the suit is half-canvassed or fused?

post #37 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


I think it looks fine, aside from the sleeves and hem like you already noted.
Shoulders look ok, and it has a clean chest, length looks to be fine. The rest, be it tapering the trousers would be up to you.


Thank you very much!

post #38 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

The shoulders look a bit wide on you and it obviously needs tailoring, most notably the sleeves.


Thanks~ You are so professional!

post #39 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by IChen View Post

And has GBR ever posted anything that doesn't contain the words dreadful, burn, shit, crap?

Not that I can recall. smile.gif

The suit is for sure the right size, just needs some basic alterations. The only thing left is for you to decide if you like the styling - it's a little unconventional, but it's Armani's signature style. Personally I think it looks good on you from what I can see. $430 for that suit seems like a solid deal to me.
post #40 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanqing Yang View Post


How can I know whether the suit is half-canvassed or fused?

You should be able to feel a separate layer in the chest and lapels. The fabric should feel fairly thin when you grab it (separated) in the chest. I'm guessing it's at least half-canvassed, with a good chance of being fully canvassed. How do you know it's not fully canvassed?
post #41 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post


What part of it is dreadful? Solid charcoal. Wide Peak lapels. Button stance is a bit high.
I don't understand all the ragging on this suit in the thread. Stylistically, I like it much more than a ton of other suits I see on here.

It's not "dreadful" and if the maker was different the poster would likely be signing a different tune. SF groupthink at it's finest, there (rolls eyes).

post #42 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post


You should be able to feel a separate layer in the chest and lapels. The fabric should feel fairly thin when you grab it (separated) in the chest. I'm guessing it's at least half-canvassed, with a good chance of being fully canvassed. How do you know it's not fully canvassed?


I have a black-fleece suit that is fully canvassed. I can feel a separate layer under the fabric.

 

For this GA suit, I can't feel a separate layer, either in the chest or in the lapels, so I thought it might be a fused suit. However, I own another Brooks Brother 1818 Milano suit that was half-canvassed (mentioned on its website) and made in Italy but I can't feel a separate layer either. And I also own a fused Boss suit. The feeling for these three suits are pretty similar.

 

I guess I just cannot tell the difference between a fused suit and a half-canvassed suit.

post #43 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post


Not that I can recall. smile.gif
The suit is for sure the right size, just needs some basic alterations. The only thing left is for you to decide if you like the styling - it's a little unconventional, but it's Armani's signature style. Personally I think it looks good on you from what I can see. $430 for that suit seems like a solid deal to me.


Thanks. I think I would keep it even if it maybe a fused suit! Have a good thanksgiving!

post #44 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

yikes the lapels are mismatched

 

The lapels gave it away..too bad. Time to move on from here.

post #45 of 65
It looks good; wear it in good health!

Out of curiosity, what's the material composition? I remember seeing a solid charcoal Armani on myhabit that was a cashmere blend, but I missed out on it.

It's at least probably half canvassed, if not full. If you like the fit, keep it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Giorgio Armani Men's Suit (Pic)