or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Land's End Suits/inexpensive suits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Land's End Suits/inexpensive suits - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Aren't you arround a 44 with a 34ish waist? If so that is pretty impressive with no alterations - actually really impressive! I was checking these out at my target after you posted about them the first time, but they only had the polyester ones. Maybe I'll try a different one and see if I can find one to try on.
post #17 of 26
Lands End are great ..the suits are great... the hangers are great the service is fast and the people are nice - the price on sale is even better.
post #18 of 26
I own one it is a Lands End. No regrets.
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raley View Post
Aren't you arround a 44 with a 34ish waist? If so that is pretty impressive with no alterations - actually really impressive! I was checking these out at my target after you posted about them the first time, but they only had the polyester ones. Maybe I'll try a different one and see if I can find one to try on.

Yeah, that's about what I measure, something like 46 actual chest, with waist around 35. The suit in question has a 44L jacket with 36x32 pants, and fit is pretty close to spot on. You can't see it in the picture but there's only a small amount of break, not enough that I'd hem it though.
post #20 of 26
Problem with Target is the sizing, mainly. For those of us who don't have a local target that stocks anything but poly blends, the web site does not offer a good selection. They have four wool fabrics - gray pinstripe, navy solid, black pinstripe and taupe - and only the gray pinstripe has size 38 or 40 jackets at all! The others start at 42T and only have regular height starting with 44R. Maybe this is temporary, but I think I saw the same thing when I looked months ago.
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Drizzt3117,
Thank you for posting the pic, that does look pretty good. Unfortunately I've checked at two Targets and no luck thus far at finding the wool suits.
--Grad
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post
You can return suits at Target too just as easily if not more so, because there are more Target stores. You probably weren't looking at the same suit then. The one I have has very nice fabric, it feels better than the Hugo Boss suits I've owned and is at least as good as a Banana Republic/J Crew suit and better quality than H&M and Zara for less than half the price.
Ah, guess not -- those I saw were the crappiest 100% wool I'd ever seen. No breast pocket on that suit though, huh? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Though IMO, LE's customer service is beyond reproach and tips the scales in their favor unless the Target suit is of significantly better quality. Target once gave me holy hell for trying to return an unused pair of computer speakers THE NEXT DAY. WITH A RECEIPT. I had to call corporate to get special dispensation. With LE, you say "Hey, these pants got a little shiny after only 15 years worth of daily ironing", and they're like, "Really? Geez, sorry about that -- send those suckers back!"
post #23 of 26
The Lands' End suits I've come across have been decent, especially if they are available for $200. I have yet to see one of these Target suits I hear about - I've only seen some separates that were mostly poly.
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk View Post
Though IMO, LE's customer service is beyond reproach and tips the scales in their favor unless the Target suit is of significantly better quality. Target once gave me holy hell for trying to return an unused pair of computer speakers THE NEXT DAY. WITH A RECEIPT. I had to call corporate to get special dispensation.

I paid $89 for my suit, and it has had no alterations. I could buy two and maybe three for the same price as a Land's End suit... Also I've never had any problems returning anything at all to Target. I've returned digital cameras, clothing, etc... without issues, way past the supposed return deadlines.
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 
I agree I've never had any problems returning anything to target and have always thought they had good customer service. On their website the prices of just the wool blazer is $89 to $99, with the pants costing another $39. Still not bad, but their size selection is rather poor as someone else mentioned.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 View Post
I agree I've never had any problems returning anything to target and have always thought they had good customer service. On their website the prices of just the wool blazer is $89 to $99, with the pants costing another $39. Still not bad, but their size selection is rather poor as someone else mentioned.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it online. At my local Target, they had 30% off the premium wool suits, just like they did earlier last year when I bought mine. It was $59 for the jacket and $29 for the pants. Sizes seemed relatively limited but this wasn't a really big target, just a random one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Land's End Suits/inexpensive suits