I think it's ok to argue with your fiancee on a few matters, BUT when it comes to wedding details..give her your utmost support because whether you like it or not it is the bride who ultimately makes the decisions with this things. .well at least that's what happened with my wedding.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Options for my Wedding (w/ pics!) Last post on 8/25/12 at 12:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Fairly Priced Decent Suit for a Wedding Last post on 8/2/12 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Looking for Suits for Groom and Groomsmen Last post on 7/24/12 at 2:25pm in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be carbon copies of my best man - Page 3post #32 of 8811/16/12 at 2:54amGuys, seriously, go find your own thread to complain about your bridezillas who apparently would divorce you if you questioned their taste in rental tuxedos. OP claims to have a relationship with his fiancée wherein they actually talk about issues they disagree on and both care about, and then come to a decision together. Though this may seem foreign to you, let them do it their way and either help or gtfo.post #33 of 8811/16/12 at 3:03ampost #34 of 8811/16/12 at 5:04am
I'm wondering if Unbelragazzo has ever been in a wedding.
Obviously I don't know your fiance, but if she won't go for something like the photo of the gentlemen in gray suits with different ties, I just can't see how pressing this argument ends well. She sounds like a traditional girl, and tradition dictates uniformity.
This is styleforum, where 1% of men - or less - anguish over buttonholes and other things the 99% never even notice. A bride to be in the 99% with a traditional vision is not "bridezilla."post #35 of 8811/16/12 at 5:10am1) tradition does NOT dictate uniformity. It is a modern invention.
2) I'm not married but I have been in weddings. But that is irrelevant. OP came here looking for help in showing his fiancée why this idea is a good one. Why not either provide that help or leave? Why give relationship counseling for a couple you don't know when you haven't been asked?post #36 of 8811/16/12 at 5:21am
I'm engaged. I asked my fiance what she thought. She rolled her eyes and told me to get off StyleForum. But also added that I could do whatever I wanted with the groomsmen as long as it wasn't ridiculous (trusting my judgment...not just apathy on her part).
The guy is trying to convince his wife-to-be to allow him to dress his groomsmen how he (or they) will. They clearly have a healthy relationship with open dialogue. I think we all agree that as far as style goes, the non-matching suits are a good thing. And since he isn't asking, "Hey, is debating with my fiance over the groomsmen's outfits a good idea?", we should stop trying to answer that question.
OP, do you have pictures of the bridesmaids' dresses? Perhaps if SF got together and presented her with various tie and suit possibilities to match, it'll help your cause.post #37 of 8811/16/12 at 5:59am
This is probably a loosing argument. But I think they key to this is convincing her the bridesmaids dont have to match. It wont look right if you have matching bridesmaid dresses and then mismatched groomsmen.
Also consider this above picture. It sould be hard to find one dress that fits all the different body styles well. The bridesmaids get to picl what they are comfortable with. For example the girl on the left has sleeves and most of the rest are sleeveless.post #38 of 8811/16/12 at 11:23ampost #39 of 8811/16/12 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by kwannie
I think a couple of key points from the article you linked to about the mix and match craze...
2. It's all about the accessories. Differentiate with ties, bow ties, socks, pocket squares, etc. Like Unbelragazzo said, sticking with white shirts may be best. Most of the pictures in the article seem to work off a white shirt.
Best of luck to you.
I'm in a band that plays 6 or so weddings a year, so I've seen a lot of different approaches. I think the opposite works pretty well. Have everyone wear a suit and shirt that's more or less the same color and then have maybe one accessory that is all the same. I think the best thing is wear similar color (but not exactly the same) ties, but maybe all wear the same boutineer. That way it doesn't look like a high school prom court, but still a cohesive group of friends supporting their buddy in his wedding and marriage. Just my $0.02.post #40 of 8811/17/12 at 3:36pmThread Starterpost #41 of 8811/17/12 at 5:41pmpost #42 of 8811/17/12 at 6:21pmThread Starterpost #43 of 8811/18/12 at 10:11ampost #44 of 8811/18/12 at 10:42ampost #45 of 8811/18/12 at 2:28pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › BRAND NEW Alden Men's 7 Eyelet Demi Boot Plaza Last, 35902, 9.5D 1 minute ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MACKINTOSH ALVA DOUBLE BREASTED NAVY COAT - XS (36) 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Trying to ID a Bow Tie 12 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 13 minutes ago
- › NWOT Schott NYC slim fit peacoat (MSRP: $310) 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...