I think it's ok to argue with your fiancee on a few matters, BUT when it comes to wedding details..give her your utmost support because whether you like it or not it is the bride who ultimately makes the decisions with this things. .well at least that's what happened with my wedding.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Suit Options for my Wedding (w/ pics!) Last post on 8/25/12 at 12:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Fairly Priced Decent Suit for a Wedding Last post on 8/2/12 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Looking for Suits for Groom and Groomsmen Last post on 7/24/12 at 2:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding? Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be... - Page 3
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 8811/16/12 at 2:54amGuys, seriously, go find your own thread to complain about your bridezillas who apparently would divorce you if you questioned their taste in rental tuxedos. OP claims to have a relationship with his fiancée wherein they actually talk about issues they disagree on and both care about, and then come to a decision together. Though this may seem foreign to you, let them do it their way and either help or gtfo.post #33 of 8811/16/12 at 3:03ampost #34 of 8811/16/12 at 5:04am
I'm wondering if Unbelragazzo has ever been in a wedding.
Obviously I don't know your fiance, but if she won't go for something like the photo of the gentlemen in gray suits with different ties, I just can't see how pressing this argument ends well. She sounds like a traditional girl, and tradition dictates uniformity.
This is styleforum, where 1% of men - or less - anguish over buttonholes and other things the 99% never even notice. A bride to be in the 99% with a traditional vision is not "bridezilla."post #35 of 8811/16/12 at 5:10am1) tradition does NOT dictate uniformity. It is a modern invention.
2) I'm not married but I have been in weddings. But that is irrelevant. OP came here looking for help in showing his fiancée why this idea is a good one. Why not either provide that help or leave? Why give relationship counseling for a couple you don't know when you haven't been asked?post #36 of 8811/16/12 at 5:21am
I'm engaged. I asked my fiance what she thought. She rolled her eyes and told me to get off StyleForum. But also added that I could do whatever I wanted with the groomsmen as long as it wasn't ridiculous (trusting my judgment...not just apathy on her part).
The guy is trying to convince his wife-to-be to allow him to dress his groomsmen how he (or they) will. They clearly have a healthy relationship with open dialogue. I think we all agree that as far as style goes, the non-matching suits are a good thing. And since he isn't asking, "Hey, is debating with my fiance over the groomsmen's outfits a good idea?", we should stop trying to answer that question.
OP, do you have pictures of the bridesmaids' dresses? Perhaps if SF got together and presented her with various tie and suit possibilities to match, it'll help your cause.post #37 of 8811/16/12 at 5:59am
This is probably a loosing argument. But I think they key to this is convincing her the bridesmaids dont have to match. It wont look right if you have matching bridesmaid dresses and then mismatched groomsmen.
Also consider this above picture. It sould be hard to find one dress that fits all the different body styles well. The bridesmaids get to picl what they are comfortable with. For example the girl on the left has sleeves and most of the rest are sleeveless.post #38 of 8811/16/12 at 11:23ampost #39 of 8811/16/12 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by kwannie
I think a couple of key points from the article you linked to about the mix and match craze...
2. It's all about the accessories. Differentiate with ties, bow ties, socks, pocket squares, etc. Like Unbelragazzo said, sticking with white shirts may be best. Most of the pictures in the article seem to work off a white shirt.
Best of luck to you.
I'm in a band that plays 6 or so weddings a year, so I've seen a lot of different approaches. I think the opposite works pretty well. Have everyone wear a suit and shirt that's more or less the same color and then have maybe one accessory that is all the same. I think the best thing is wear similar color (but not exactly the same) ties, but maybe all wear the same boutineer. That way it doesn't look like a high school prom court, but still a cohesive group of friends supporting their buddy in his wedding and marriage. Just my $0.02.post #40 of 8811/17/12 at 3:36pmThread Starterpost #41 of 8811/17/12 at 5:41pmpost #42 of 8811/17/12 at 6:21pmThread Starterpost #43 of 8811/18/12 at 10:11ampost #44 of 8811/18/12 at 10:42am
- Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be carbon copies of my best man
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 seconds ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 18 seconds ago
- › TV>>>Ajax vs Paris Saint Germain Live stream UEFA Champions League... 53 seconds ago
- › Where do you shop online for clothes? 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › TV>>>AS Roma vs CSKA Moscow Live stream UEFA Champions League 2014 1 minute ago
- › TV>>>Bayern Munich vs Manchester City Live stream UEFA Champions... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › TV>>>Nottm Forest vs Fulham Live stream Sky Bet Championship 2014 4 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)