it doesn't necessarily have to look like this, but it can turn out that way.
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- For Sale - Various Engineered Garments Apparel Pieces Last post on Yesterday at 10:52 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Engineered Garments FW14 Shirts - Banded Collar/Work Shirt/CPO - Medium Last post on Yesterday at 10:28 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BORRELLI, WHITE, SIZE 40/15.75 - SLIM FIT Last post on Yesterday at 8:36 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Patrik Ervell Heavy Button Shirt - Static Fleck - Size Small (46-48) Last post on Yesterday at 6:02 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Hugo Boss Shirt Slim Fit pink 16/41 Last post on Yesterday at 8:47 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Gathered shirt shoulders - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
we have done this and sewed the fullness in by machine.. no hand work.
in fact i will bet there may even be a row of machine stitches in the sleeve set as well on the first shirt shown.
the second set on cravate noir. work for him
as he has very wide shoulders and a very narrow chest
but the armhole seems too deep for this technique.
the idea is that the armhole is smaller and closer to the body, while the fullness of the top sleeve allows for movement
That really is a bit too much.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't make the sleeve a lot smaller, especially with the torso cut so trim.
Have to think you'd also have a much better range of motion with a smaller armhole and narrower sleeve.
+1 - not a good look at all
Was searching about gathers on sleeve head. And I found myself in this forum.
I recently did a shirt with gathers on sleeve head and cuff. Would it be ok if I post my shirt here and hear comments about it?
Also, is gathers still popular in Italy or is it just a trend.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Definitely still popular, not just a trend.
I've only seen it done by Italian shirtmakers, but as a picture posted earlier in the thread was by a shirtmaker from the Netherlands, clearly it's also done elsewhere.
I have "grinza" on shirts by Borrelli, G. Inglese, Finamore and Cordone. I think that it looks best when the "wrinkles" are small - if they are large, the effect tends to look overdone and, as others have said, a bit feminine.
If done improperly, It looks like a women's cap sleeve.
I saw a recent Luxiare shirt that looks this way.
I like shirring at the sleeve /cuff attachment and across the yoke.
it can look very dramatic.
if you see "Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder on Broadway.
you will see a white shirt that we made,in the second act that has this detail.
Go See "Gentlemen's guide". it has not opened yet.
it is a lot of fun and the clothing is great.
Giliberto made the men's suits.
a non-iron shirt can not have that feature, since all of the seams on Non-Iron shirts use fusing tape.
- Gathered shirt shoulders
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tie brands we may not have heard of (but are worth knowing) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 12 minutes ago
- › Navy Boat Shoes. What color laces? 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays