it doesn't necessarily have to look like this, but it can turn out that way.
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Neighborhood Plaid Flannel, size small! Last post on 7/1/15 at 12:47pm in Marketplace
- NWT Rare $975 Givenchy Paris Multi-Colored Columani Striped Polo Shirt Sz L Last post on 7/1/15 at 8:28am in Marketplace
- Gitman Bro. Vintage Oxford Cotton Button Down Long Sleeve L/S Striped Shirt Last post on 6/30/15 at 9:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Vintage Button up in Herringbone (XS) Last post on 6/30/15 at 12:19pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Lot of 5 Band of Outsiders Shirts Size 3 or Large/ WTS or WTT Last post on 6/30/15 at 8:56am in Marketplace
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gathered shirt shoulders - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 2911/16/12 at 3:15ampost #18 of 2911/16/12 at 5:03amnot a fan..
we have done this and sewed the fullness in by machine.. no hand work.
in fact i will bet there may even be a row of machine stitches in the sleeve set as well on the first shirt shown.
the second set on cravate noir. work for him
as he has very wide shoulders and a very narrow chest
but the armhole seems too deep for this technique.
the idea is that the armhole is smaller and closer to the body, while the fullness of the top sleeve allows for movementpost #19 of 2911/16/12 at 6:21pmpost #20 of 2911/17/12 at 3:32ampost #21 of 2911/17/12 at 10:50amQuote:
That really is a bit too much.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't make the sleeve a lot smaller, especially with the torso cut so trim.
Have to think you'd also have a much better range of motion with a smaller armhole and narrower sleeve.post #22 of 2911/17/12 at 11:04amQuote:
+1 - not a good look at allpost #23 of 2911/17/12 at 11:33ampost #24 of 2911/5/13 at 12:51am
Was searching about gathers on sleeve head. And I found myself in this forum.
I recently did a shirt with gathers on sleeve head and cuff. Would it be ok if I post my shirt here and hear comments about it?
Also, is gathers still popular in Italy or is it just a trend.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Regardspost #25 of 2911/5/13 at 2:58amQuote:
Definitely still popular, not just a trend.
I've only seen it done by Italian shirtmakers, but as a picture posted earlier in the thread was by a shirtmaker from the Netherlands, clearly it's also done elsewhere.
I have "grinza" on shirts by Borrelli, G. Inglese, Finamore and Cordone. I think that it looks best when the "wrinkles" are small - if they are large, the effect tends to look overdone and, as others have said, a bit feminine.post #26 of 2911/5/13 at 5:26amshirring at the sleeve head usually looks affected.
If done improperly, It looks like a women's cap sleeve.
I saw a recent Luxiare shirt that looks this way.
I like shirring at the sleeve /cuff attachment and across the yoke.
it can look very dramatic.
if you see "Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder on Broadway.
you will see a white shirt that we made,in the second act that has this detail.
Go See "Gentlemen's guide". it has not opened yet.
it is a lot of fun and the clothing is great.
Giliberto made the men's suits.
a non-iron shirt can not have that feature, since all of the seams on Non-Iron shirts use fusing tape.post #27 of 2911/5/13 at 6:20ampost #28 of 2911/5/13 at 6:56ampost #29 of 2911/6/13 at 8:40pm
- Gathered shirt shoulders
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things you just don't get 7 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 25 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Desperately in need of a new dress shirt brand... 11 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...