it doesn't necessarily have to look like this, but it can turn out that way.
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- LEMAIRE Wool Fannel Shirt Jacket - size 4/50, fits M/L Last post on Yesterday at 2:41 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Barba Napoli shirts 15.75/40 Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RRL Linen/Cotton Check workshirt (gingham check) XL Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Kiton Shirt 16 / 41 Classic Color & Pattern, Beautiful Strong Collar Last post on 2/18/17 at 7:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Epaulet x New England Heavyweight Flannel Shirt - Small Last post on 2/18/17 at 8:33am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gathered shirt shoulders - Page 2post #17 of 2911/16/12 at 3:15ampost #18 of 2911/16/12 at 5:03amnot a fan..
we have done this and sewed the fullness in by machine.. no hand work.
in fact i will bet there may even be a row of machine stitches in the sleeve set as well on the first shirt shown.
the second set on cravate noir. work for him
as he has very wide shoulders and a very narrow chest
but the armhole seems too deep for this technique.
the idea is that the armhole is smaller and closer to the body, while the fullness of the top sleeve allows for movementpost #19 of 2911/16/12 at 6:21pmpost #20 of 2911/17/12 at 3:32ampost #21 of 2911/17/12 at 10:50amQuote:
That really is a bit too much.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't make the sleeve a lot smaller, especially with the torso cut so trim.
Have to think you'd also have a much better range of motion with a smaller armhole and narrower sleeve.post #22 of 2911/17/12 at 11:04amQuote:
+1 - not a good look at allpost #23 of 2911/17/12 at 11:33ampost #24 of 2911/5/13 at 12:51am
Was searching about gathers on sleeve head. And I found myself in this forum.
I recently did a shirt with gathers on sleeve head and cuff. Would it be ok if I post my shirt here and hear comments about it?
Also, is gathers still popular in Italy or is it just a trend.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Regardspost #25 of 2911/5/13 at 2:58amQuote:
Definitely still popular, not just a trend.
I've only seen it done by Italian shirtmakers, but as a picture posted earlier in the thread was by a shirtmaker from the Netherlands, clearly it's also done elsewhere.
I have "grinza" on shirts by Borrelli, G. Inglese, Finamore and Cordone. I think that it looks best when the "wrinkles" are small - if they are large, the effect tends to look overdone and, as others have said, a bit feminine.post #26 of 2911/5/13 at 5:26amshirring at the sleeve head usually looks affected.
If done improperly, It looks like a women's cap sleeve.
I saw a recent Luxiare shirt that looks this way.
I like shirring at the sleeve /cuff attachment and across the yoke.
it can look very dramatic.
if you see "Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder on Broadway.
you will see a white shirt that we made,in the second act that has this detail.
Go See "Gentlemen's guide". it has not opened yet.
it is a lot of fun and the clothing is great.
Giliberto made the men's suits.
a non-iron shirt can not have that feature, since all of the seams on Non-Iron shirts use fusing tape.post #27 of 2911/5/13 at 6:20ampost #28 of 2911/5/13 at 6:56ampost #29 of 2911/6/13 at 8:40pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 57 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway