it doesn't necessarily have to look like this, but it can turn out that way.
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- RRL slim western shirts (large), KLAXON HOWL denim jacket (large), Mark McNairy chukkas (11) Last post on Today at 4:56 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT-Stephan Schneider Two-Piece Check Short Sleeve Shirt & LS Top sz M/L Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Epaulet New England Shirt Co. "Cayman Islands Chambray", Large, BNWT Last post on Today at 7:10 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *NEW* SS Suit Supply Red Check Gingham Spread Collar Shirt Size 42 16 1/2 Last post on 7/25/16 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT: RLBL 100 % linen shirt, sz S Last post on 7/25/16 at 7:45am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gathered shirt shoulders - Page 2post #17 of 2911/16/12 at 3:15ampost #18 of 2911/16/12 at 5:03amnot a fan..
we have done this and sewed the fullness in by machine.. no hand work.
in fact i will bet there may even be a row of machine stitches in the sleeve set as well on the first shirt shown.
the second set on cravate noir. work for him
as he has very wide shoulders and a very narrow chest
but the armhole seems too deep for this technique.
the idea is that the armhole is smaller and closer to the body, while the fullness of the top sleeve allows for movementpost #19 of 2911/16/12 at 6:21pmpost #20 of 2911/17/12 at 3:32ampost #21 of 2911/17/12 at 10:50amQuote:
That really is a bit too much.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't make the sleeve a lot smaller, especially with the torso cut so trim.
Have to think you'd also have a much better range of motion with a smaller armhole and narrower sleeve.post #22 of 2911/17/12 at 11:04amQuote:
+1 - not a good look at allpost #23 of 2911/17/12 at 11:33ampost #24 of 2911/5/13 at 12:51am
Was searching about gathers on sleeve head. And I found myself in this forum.
I recently did a shirt with gathers on sleeve head and cuff. Would it be ok if I post my shirt here and hear comments about it?
Also, is gathers still popular in Italy or is it just a trend.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Regardspost #25 of 2911/5/13 at 2:58amQuote:
Definitely still popular, not just a trend.
I've only seen it done by Italian shirtmakers, but as a picture posted earlier in the thread was by a shirtmaker from the Netherlands, clearly it's also done elsewhere.
I have "grinza" on shirts by Borrelli, G. Inglese, Finamore and Cordone. I think that it looks best when the "wrinkles" are small - if they are large, the effect tends to look overdone and, as others have said, a bit feminine.post #26 of 2911/5/13 at 5:26amshirring at the sleeve head usually looks affected.
If done improperly, It looks like a women's cap sleeve.
I saw a recent Luxiare shirt that looks this way.
I like shirring at the sleeve /cuff attachment and across the yoke.
it can look very dramatic.
if you see "Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder on Broadway.
you will see a white shirt that we made,in the second act that has this detail.
Go See "Gentlemen's guide". it has not opened yet.
it is a lot of fun and the clothing is great.
Giliberto made the men's suits.
a non-iron shirt can not have that feature, since all of the seams on Non-Iron shirts use fusing tape.post #27 of 2911/5/13 at 6:20ampost #28 of 2911/5/13 at 6:56ampost #29 of 2911/6/13 at 8:40pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding