it doesn't necessarily have to look like this, but it can turn out that way.
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Large Gitman & New England Shirt Company Shirts Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Marketplace
- Dior Homme Shirt Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Marketplace
- New Brooks Brothers Artisanal Shirts, Blue & White, Retail $278 Last post on Yesterday at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Jcrew Casual Button Down Shirts size L Last post on Yesterday at 6:42 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Band of Outsiders Maps Printed Shirt Size 2 Last post on 5/27/15 at 4:39pm in Marketplace
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gathered shirt shoulders - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 2911/16/12 at 3:15ampost #18 of 2911/16/12 at 5:03amnot a fan..
we have done this and sewed the fullness in by machine.. no hand work.
in fact i will bet there may even be a row of machine stitches in the sleeve set as well on the first shirt shown.
the second set on cravate noir. work for him
as he has very wide shoulders and a very narrow chest
but the armhole seems too deep for this technique.
the idea is that the armhole is smaller and closer to the body, while the fullness of the top sleeve allows for movementpost #19 of 2911/16/12 at 6:21pmpost #20 of 2911/17/12 at 3:32ampost #21 of 2911/17/12 at 10:50amQuote:
That really is a bit too much.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't make the sleeve a lot smaller, especially with the torso cut so trim.
Have to think you'd also have a much better range of motion with a smaller armhole and narrower sleeve.post #22 of 2911/17/12 at 11:04amQuote:
+1 - not a good look at allpost #23 of 2911/17/12 at 11:33ampost #24 of 2911/5/13 at 12:51am
Was searching about gathers on sleeve head. And I found myself in this forum.
I recently did a shirt with gathers on sleeve head and cuff. Would it be ok if I post my shirt here and hear comments about it?
Also, is gathers still popular in Italy or is it just a trend.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Regardspost #25 of 2911/5/13 at 2:58amQuote:
Definitely still popular, not just a trend.
I've only seen it done by Italian shirtmakers, but as a picture posted earlier in the thread was by a shirtmaker from the Netherlands, clearly it's also done elsewhere.
I have "grinza" on shirts by Borrelli, G. Inglese, Finamore and Cordone. I think that it looks best when the "wrinkles" are small - if they are large, the effect tends to look overdone and, as others have said, a bit feminine.post #26 of 2911/5/13 at 5:26amshirring at the sleeve head usually looks affected.
If done improperly, It looks like a women's cap sleeve.
I saw a recent Luxiare shirt that looks this way.
I like shirring at the sleeve /cuff attachment and across the yoke.
it can look very dramatic.
if you see "Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder on Broadway.
you will see a white shirt that we made,in the second act that has this detail.
Go See "Gentlemen's guide". it has not opened yet.
it is a lot of fun and the clothing is great.
Giliberto made the men's suits.
a non-iron shirt can not have that feature, since all of the seams on Non-Iron shirts use fusing tape.post #27 of 2911/5/13 at 6:20ampost #28 of 2911/5/13 at 6:56ampost #29 of 2911/6/13 at 8:40pm
- Gathered shirt shoulders
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 55 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 8 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan