it doesn't necessarily have to look like this, but it can turn out that way.
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bills Khakis Oxford - bengal stripe / white stripe size MEDIUM Last post on Today at 5:50 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Stephan Schneider Departure Shirt - Burgundy - Size 4 Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BNWT Frank Leder Pocket Shirt - Burgundy - Size Small Last post on Yesterday at 6:06 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Stephan Schneider Seeds Long Shirt - Navy/Purple Flannel - Size 4 Last post on Yesterday at 6:02 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Shirts for Sale: +J (Uniqlo x Jil Sander), Bespoke Shirts from Hong Kong - Size XS / S Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gathered shirt shoulders - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 2911/16/12 at 3:15ampost #18 of 2911/16/12 at 5:03amnot a fan..
we have done this and sewed the fullness in by machine.. no hand work.
in fact i will bet there may even be a row of machine stitches in the sleeve set as well on the first shirt shown.
the second set on cravate noir. work for him
as he has very wide shoulders and a very narrow chest
but the armhole seems too deep for this technique.
the idea is that the armhole is smaller and closer to the body, while the fullness of the top sleeve allows for movementpost #19 of 2911/16/12 at 6:21pmpost #20 of 2911/17/12 at 3:32ampost #21 of 2911/17/12 at 10:50amQuote:
That really is a bit too much.
I can't imagine why you wouldn't make the sleeve a lot smaller, especially with the torso cut so trim.
Have to think you'd also have a much better range of motion with a smaller armhole and narrower sleeve.post #22 of 2911/17/12 at 11:04amQuote:
+1 - not a good look at allpost #23 of 2911/17/12 at 11:33ampost #24 of 2911/5/13 at 12:51am
Was searching about gathers on sleeve head. And I found myself in this forum.
I recently did a shirt with gathers on sleeve head and cuff. Would it be ok if I post my shirt here and hear comments about it?
Also, is gathers still popular in Italy or is it just a trend.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Regardspost #25 of 2911/5/13 at 2:58amQuote:
Definitely still popular, not just a trend.
I've only seen it done by Italian shirtmakers, but as a picture posted earlier in the thread was by a shirtmaker from the Netherlands, clearly it's also done elsewhere.
I have "grinza" on shirts by Borrelli, G. Inglese, Finamore and Cordone. I think that it looks best when the "wrinkles" are small - if they are large, the effect tends to look overdone and, as others have said, a bit feminine.post #26 of 2911/5/13 at 5:26amshirring at the sleeve head usually looks affected.
If done improperly, It looks like a women's cap sleeve.
I saw a recent Luxiare shirt that looks this way.
I like shirring at the sleeve /cuff attachment and across the yoke.
it can look very dramatic.
if you see "Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder on Broadway.
you will see a white shirt that we made,in the second act that has this detail.
Go See "Gentlemen's guide". it has not opened yet.
it is a lot of fun and the clothing is great.
Giliberto made the men's suits.
a non-iron shirt can not have that feature, since all of the seams on Non-Iron shirts use fusing tape.post #27 of 2911/5/13 at 6:20ampost #28 of 2911/5/13 at 6:56ampost #29 of 2911/6/13 at 8:40pm
- Gathered shirt shoulders
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 2 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...