or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Circumcision
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Circumcision

post #1 of 125
Thread Starter 
I'm kinda thinking that it really isn't necessary. Some men that have it done say they lose feeling, others say that there is reallly no medical reason to have it done. Not sure I would put my kids (boys - if I ever have them) through this.

I am mainly referring to men but I know it's done to women (which I find incredibly disturbing).

Link

Another Link
post #2 of 125
I'll be the first to speak up on behlaf of the turtleneck brigade. puritans did this to their children so as to callus the glans and disincentiveize masurbation. Thankfuuly, it wasn't a default setting in norway when I was born. Its widespread practise in the US is clearly a function of the hawkish Israel Lobby. Flame away!
post #3 of 125
Circumcision is almost 100% protective for penile cancer.
post #4 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post
I'll be the first to speak up on behlaf of the turtleneck brigade. puritans did this to their children so as to callus the glans and disincentiveize masurbation. Thankfuuly, it wasn't a default setting in norway when I was born. Its widespread practise in the US is clearly a function of the hawkish Israel Lobby. Flame away!

you are out of your mind
post #5 of 125
But do you tip?
post #6 of 125
post #7 of 125
I don't see it as neccesary. Actually, I believe England is planning--or did--outlaw it unless one were Jewish or of some other religious inclination. Certain African tribes frequently do it to women as a form of esthetic surgery. They see an uncut vulva as very ugly and crude. The German anthropologist, Felix Bryk, wrote a very nice book on the rites of African circumcision back in the '20s.
post #8 of 125
There are a number of good reasons to circumcize. One of the best ones nowadays is that the incidence of HIV infection is much lower in circumcised males due to the lack of the sitcky cells which are very compatible with that particular virus present in the foreskin.
post #9 of 125
It seems it's simply a measure of how hygienic one is.
post #10 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
There are a number of good reasons to circumcize. One of the best ones nowadays is that the incidence of HIV infection is much lower in circumcised males due to the lack of the sitcky cells which are very compatible with that particular virus present in the foreskin.

Good point.

Another good reason, if you are heterosexual, is that women prefer the circumcision. I am a proud helmet wearer.
post #11 of 125
I don't understand the "lose feeling" people. I mean, how many guys go from uncut to cut after they've started having sex?
post #12 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGladwell View Post
I don't understand the "lose feeling" people. I mean, how many guys go from uncut to cut after they've started having sex?

I've read reports where people can't really tell the difference.

Also, if you roll like I does, that thin foreskin will rip in half in no time.
post #13 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGladwell View Post
I don't understand the "lose feeling" people. I mean, how many guys go from uncut to cut after they've started having sex?

Abraham circumcised hiself when he was 95 years old...
post #14 of 125
I'm circumcized and I am so glad. The main argument against it is loss of sensation, but most men tend to have too much...sensation.... anyway, so who cares?

Funny that folks bring the international Jewish conspiracy into this somehow. Is there anything those evil world-dominating Jews can't do?
post #15 of 125
Thread Starter 
Nm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Circumcision