Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best suit quality and fit for under $1000 Last post on 5/29/14 at 5:13am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Brooks Brothers 43R 1818 (Regent) Charcoal Suit ***FINAL DROP!!!*** Last post on 3/27/13 at 4:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Good Drop 8-10" (Euro Cut) Suits? Last post on 11/6/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Cool slim-fit suit wanted ... where to shop in London? Last post on 10/22/12 at 2:49am in Classic Menswear
- Brooks Bros F&F Just Ended - Did I Miss Out? Last post on 10/8/12 at 3:07pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
How does this suit fit? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 1911/16/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
I would disagree.. the fabric is nicer than the BB's I have owned.. and I puchase my bb's from the SF flag ship store and I was told not all 1818's are half canvassed.. the main difference between the 346's and the 1818's from what I was informed was the fabric and cut and the fact that some are partially canvassed.. he also showed me.. opened up an 1818 infront of me that he owned to illustrate the point (was a jacket that he was taking to the tailor's) and then did the pinch test on others and he was on the money.. I do not know if this is a recent change to brooks brothers.. but this was as of October.
I don't buy from BB, but I've heard the same thing about 1818's from a BB salesperson. I think that the guy, who said "all 1818 suits are half-canvassed," was a victim of "bro' science."post #18 of 1911/16/12 at 3:03pm
yea maybe. I guess I am confused because he did show me an 1818 jacket that he owned and opened it up and there was no canvassing anywhere. Maybe it may have been the milano.. I also tried on the fitz and regent and they were just baggy in the mid-section and too short for me in the arms.. so I went for the Milano that had higher armholes and more natural shoulders.. I feel with suit supply they are imitating Neopolitan jackets with a softer, lighter jacket and canvassing..kind of like Isia..it works for me in a climate thats hot 9 months out of the year and cooler the rest. I am a fan just from the stand point of quality. The armholes on Suit Supply suits in general are higher than on brooks brothers, the fabric's are nicer, the canvassing is light (almost like a second skin), the cut is slimmer, the lapels wider..and overall much cheaper.. hey I own a couple of brooks brothers suits (all milano's) and have tried on a couple of fitzgeralds...I just prefer my SS's more.. not saying that Brooks bros is not a great Label.. but price point comparison's, I feel that suit supply takes the cake. This is all from my view point and also respect and understand yours is different. It comes down to the mantra that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess..post #19 of 1911/20/12 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by tysonmcneely
Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to get it tailored as such. The jacket doesn't need to be taken in at all?
Follow up question: This is a Banana Republic Suit, I got it at 50% off, which made it $265. Does anyone have any experience with getting this tailored at Banana Republic? I'm guessing most people would recommend going to a local tailor, but just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback with BR's tailoring service?
Also, I know the quality of this suit is not the greatest (I already found a loose thread and I haven't even worn it out yet.) I read a ton of threads, and many people focused on what suits not to buy, but did not suggest too many alternatives (Obviously everybody reccomends BB, but it's probably out of my price range.) What are some good suits that have a slim or tailored fit that could be found for relatively cheap (<$500)? Thanks
Nice BR suit. I got the same one (and a couple more) on their 50% off F&F sale last week. For the price they're impossible to beat.
BR does outsource their tailoring to local businesses. If you have a Luxe card w/ them basic tailoring (i.e. hemming pants) is free.
- How does this suit fit?
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Best option for graduation suit? 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Can anybody tell me which brand this is? 16 minutes ago
- › Advice on Shoe Polish? 18 minutes ago
- › Question regarding Ferragamo money clip 22 minutes ago
- › What to do about a 10" drop? 23 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)