Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Best suit quality and fit for under $1000 Last post on 5/29/14 at 5:13am in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 6/29/15 at 11:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:19 am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
How does this suit fit? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 1911/16/12 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
I would disagree.. the fabric is nicer than the BB's I have owned.. and I puchase my bb's from the SF flag ship store and I was told not all 1818's are half canvassed.. the main difference between the 346's and the 1818's from what I was informed was the fabric and cut and the fact that some are partially canvassed.. he also showed me.. opened up an 1818 infront of me that he owned to illustrate the point (was a jacket that he was taking to the tailor's) and then did the pinch test on others and he was on the money.. I do not know if this is a recent change to brooks brothers.. but this was as of October.
I don't buy from BB, but I've heard the same thing about 1818's from a BB salesperson. I think that the guy, who said "all 1818 suits are half-canvassed," was a victim of "bro' science."post #18 of 1911/16/12 at 3:03pm
yea maybe. I guess I am confused because he did show me an 1818 jacket that he owned and opened it up and there was no canvassing anywhere. Maybe it may have been the milano.. I also tried on the fitz and regent and they were just baggy in the mid-section and too short for me in the arms.. so I went for the Milano that had higher armholes and more natural shoulders.. I feel with suit supply they are imitating Neopolitan jackets with a softer, lighter jacket and canvassing..kind of like Isia..it works for me in a climate thats hot 9 months out of the year and cooler the rest. I am a fan just from the stand point of quality. The armholes on Suit Supply suits in general are higher than on brooks brothers, the fabric's are nicer, the canvassing is light (almost like a second skin), the cut is slimmer, the lapels wider..and overall much cheaper.. hey I own a couple of brooks brothers suits (all milano's) and have tried on a couple of fitzgeralds...I just prefer my SS's more.. not saying that Brooks bros is not a great Label.. but price point comparison's, I feel that suit supply takes the cake. This is all from my view point and also respect and understand yours is different. It comes down to the mantra that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess..post #19 of 1911/20/12 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by tysonmcneely
Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to get it tailored as such. The jacket doesn't need to be taken in at all?
Follow up question: This is a Banana Republic Suit, I got it at 50% off, which made it $265. Does anyone have any experience with getting this tailored at Banana Republic? I'm guessing most people would recommend going to a local tailor, but just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback with BR's tailoring service?
Also, I know the quality of this suit is not the greatest (I already found a loose thread and I haven't even worn it out yet.) I read a ton of threads, and many people focused on what suits not to buy, but did not suggest too many alternatives (Obviously everybody reccomends BB, but it's probably out of my price range.) What are some good suits that have a slim or tailored fit that could be found for relatively cheap (<$500)? Thanks
Nice BR suit. I got the same one (and a couple more) on their 50% off F&F sale last week. For the price they're impossible to beat.
BR does outsource their tailoring to local businesses. If you have a Luxe card w/ them basic tailoring (i.e. hemming pants) is free.
- How does this suit fit?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › 15% OFF ALL CURRENT FILSON ITEMS! 50 seconds ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...