or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vitale Barberis Canonico’s Spring and Summer Classics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vitale Barberis Canonico’s Spring and Summer Classics

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Any view on this book?

http://www.gladsonltd.com/collection/circle/springsummer.htm

I'm considering this one for the summer (not as bright in real life}:

photo.jpg
post #2 of 15

I have never seen such quality.  I'd love to see how it turns out for you.


David

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Will try to get someone to get some pics of me in it.
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Will try to get someone to get some pics of me in it.

 

that'd fabric would make a pretty sweet 6x2 DB 

 

What're your plans?

post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Two button peak lapel suit.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Two button peak lapel suit.

Wouldn't have taken you for a two button peak lapel-kind of guy.
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Wouldn't have taken you for a two button peak lapel-kind of guy.

Based on my profile pic?
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Based on my profile pic?

Nope; just from your comments here over the years. For the record, I prefer your previous avatar.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Nope; just from your comments here over the years. For the record, I prefer your previous avatar.

You know he died, right?
post #10 of 15
Nice to see VBC fabrics getting some love here. In general, I think they are very underrated by the forum culture. I have two jackets and two suits from VBC fabrics. The suits are relatively new acquisitions and have seen comparatively little use, but the blazers (VBC 130) have stood up well to a lot of wear.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

You know he died, right?

Wow - welcome back! Apologies; I have to plead ignorance; no idea who that is. Just came to love the shape of his head, the hair, glasses and most of all, the smile. Also thought that that avatar went really well with your SF name.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Wow - welcome back! Apologies; I have to plead ignorance; no idea who that is. Just came to love the shape of his head, the hair, glasses and most of all, the smile. Also thought that that avatar went really well with your SF name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_D._Ginsburg
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_D._Ginsburg

Many thanks. Frankly, now I feel much better though; while certainly an impressive figure, "internationally renowned taxation law expert" = known by a few. Assume not many here would know him.
post #14 of 15

Are the VBC Spring Summer Classics 2x1 or 2x2? JLibourel: could you comment on the fabric selection of your blazers? Did you get a VBC hopsack?

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbulb1986 View Post

Are the VBC Spring Summer Classics 2x1 or 2x2? JLibourel: could you comment on the fabric selection of your blazers? Did you get a VBC hopsack?

The two blazers are both Super 130s, plain worsteds. One suit is a gray sharkskin (pick-and-pick) Super 110, the other is a light gray Super 140 Revenge lightweight worsted. The only hopsack I have at this time is a Harrison's Oyster blue suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vitale Barberis Canonico’s Spring and Summer Classics