That's your opinion and I respect that. Personally, I find a lot of things overpriced that others gladly provide the demand for, so it is safe to say that value is in the eye of the beholder..
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Please Authenticate - Belstaff Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- For Sale: Lithium Homme - Single Leather Riders Jacket - Size 48 Last post on 9/18/12 at 6:29pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
Dude, you overpaid. All that eye of the beholder stuff is... well, you know.
If they're genuinely made in the UK, maybe. But if it say's "Imported" definitely not, you may want to look somewhere else, and be careful about the price.
Well, perusing this briefly, "worth it" means various things..
It is not easy for me to try various marques due to my location, and setting out on the Barbour vs Belstaff path and researching it all, they both have their merits. And while I hate to be cynical, business is business. Buy whatever story you want.
In the end it comes down to fit and quality.
As much as you may really wish to like Barbour...and I do...the new offerings are a pale comparison to the vintage jackets, as example.
The only thing, upon sampling all, that is similar to the vintage International, for example, is the Mcqueen special edition...at 450+
I was surprised at the flimsy quality of the new Internationals I tried on and the fit was terrible...even at xxl.. 6 or 8 oz ? I dont know and didnt matter.
...it fit like crap, felt like crap..
And I am a very normal, athletic build, 52(42US) suit..6'1" 185..and not a slim fit.
Belstaff is the opposite...in later years quality of Belstaff suffered, items were outsourced to an Australian company for all the work...buttons (poppers) missing is very common, etc..Now however, the quality is very good since being bought by this Italian family (who's name I cant recall at the moment)..
Of course the British badmouth in their typical bitter British way about them being bought by the Italians...but the family who bought it have done great things I feel and are genuinely interested in the marque, motorcycling, style, quality, etc.
Going into the Belstaff boutique here and trying one on for the first time...man the fit, quality, and cut are PERFECT..awesome.
But they are out of my price range, even used I am not willing to spend that and would prefer to put my money elsewhere.
So I don't know what that says...
These forums can only help so much and often times I completely disagree with the majority of opinions once I experience an item directly.
For the retail price, absolutely not...but this is an internet age, and deals are abound these days.
If you can find at an agreeable price to you, I believe you'll be very pleased with the quality and cut, etc..
That said , I do find their marketing strategy bizarre. They place too much emphasis on their supplying Hollywood, which for me, is a detraction from buying it, not a motive.
I mean, it is a common strategy..Brioni did it, as well as other sartorial marques supplying movies etc...but i cannot believe it is helping them now in terms of image?
But what do I know...it is all stories/marketing srategies..the heritage one or the superstar one..it comes down to fit and quality in the end.
- Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 43 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 52 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan