That's your opinion and I respect that. Personally, I find a lot of things overpriced that others gladly provide the demand for, so it is safe to say that value is in the eye of the beholder..
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Please Authenticate - Belstaff Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it? - Page 2post #16 of 3311/15/12 at 8:19ampost #17 of 3311/16/12 at 7:01pmpost #18 of 3312/10/12 at 11:44pmpost #19 of 3312/10/12 at 11:46pmpost #20 of 3312/11/12 at 3:26ampost #21 of 3312/11/12 at 6:49ampost #22 of 3312/11/12 at 7:05ampost #23 of 3312/13/12 at 10:25ampost #24 of 3312/15/12 at 3:41amQuote:
Dude, you overpaid. All that eye of the beholder stuff is... well, you know.post #25 of 3312/15/12 at 7:29pmpost #26 of 3312/15/12 at 9:53pmpost #27 of 3312/16/12 at 1:20pmpost #28 of 338/5/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
If they're genuinely made in the UK, maybe. But if it say's "Imported" definitely not, you may want to look somewhere else, and be careful about the price.post #29 of 336/19/14 at 11:22ampost #30 of 3311/27/14 at 11:23am
Well, perusing this briefly, "worth it" means various things..
It is not easy for me to try various marques due to my location, and setting out on the Barbour vs Belstaff path and researching it all, they both have their merits. And while I hate to be cynical, business is business. Buy whatever story you want.
In the end it comes down to fit and quality.
As much as you may really wish to like Barbour...and I do...the new offerings are a pale comparison to the vintage jackets, as example.
The only thing, upon sampling all, that is similar to the vintage International, for example, is the Mcqueen special edition...at 450+
I was surprised at the flimsy quality of the new Internationals I tried on and the fit was terrible...even at xxl.. 6 or 8 oz ? I dont know and didnt matter.
...it fit like crap, felt like crap..
And I am a very normal, athletic build, 52(42US) suit..6'1" 185..and not a slim fit.
Belstaff is the opposite...in later years quality of Belstaff suffered, items were outsourced to an Australian company for all the work...buttons (poppers) missing is very common, etc..Now however, the quality is very good since being bought by this Italian family (who's name I cant recall at the moment)..
Of course the British badmouth in their typical bitter British way about them being bought by the Italians...but the family who bought it have done great things I feel and are genuinely interested in the marque, motorcycling, style, quality, etc.
Going into the Belstaff boutique here and trying one on for the first time...man the fit, quality, and cut are PERFECT..awesome.
But they are out of my price range, even used I am not willing to spend that and would prefer to put my money elsewhere.
So I don't know what that says...
These forums can only help so much and often times I completely disagree with the majority of opinions once I experience an item directly.
For the retail price, absolutely not...but this is an internet age, and deals are abound these days.
If you can find at an agreeable price to you, I believe you'll be very pleased with the quality and cut, etc..
That said , I do find their marketing strategy bizarre. They place too much emphasis on their supplying Hollywood, which for me, is a detraction from buying it, not a motive.
I mean, it is a common strategy..Brioni did it, as well as other sartorial marques supplying movies etc...but i cannot believe it is helping them now in terms of image?
But what do I know...it is all stories/marketing srategies..the heritage one or the superstar one..it comes down to fit and quality in the end.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Meermin Longwing 101375 - Cherry Shell Cordovan 8.5UK 9.5EE US 1 minute ago
- › Paul Smith Derby Shoes (Camo Sole) 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 3 minutes ago
- › Should I Wear This?: Post It Before You Roast It 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 24 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding