That's your opinion and I respect that. Personally, I find a lot of things overpriced that others gladly provide the demand for, so it is safe to say that value is in the eye of the beholder..
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Please Authenticate - Belstaff Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it? - Page 2post #16 of 3311/15/12 at 8:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 3311/16/12 at 7:01pmpost #18 of 3312/10/12 at 11:44pmpost #19 of 3312/10/12 at 11:46pmpost #20 of 3312/11/12 at 3:26ampost #21 of 3312/11/12 at 6:49ampost #22 of 3312/11/12 at 7:05ampost #23 of 3312/13/12 at 10:25ampost #24 of 3312/15/12 at 3:41amQuote:
Dude, you overpaid. All that eye of the beholder stuff is... well, you know.post #25 of 3312/15/12 at 7:29pmpost #26 of 3312/15/12 at 9:53pmpost #27 of 3312/16/12 at 1:20pmpost #28 of 338/5/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
If they're genuinely made in the UK, maybe. But if it say's "Imported" definitely not, you may want to look somewhere else, and be careful about the price.post #29 of 336/19/14 at 11:22ampost #30 of 3311/27/14 at 11:23am
Well, perusing this briefly, "worth it" means various things..
It is not easy for me to try various marques due to my location, and setting out on the Barbour vs Belstaff path and researching it all, they both have their merits. And while I hate to be cynical, business is business. Buy whatever story you want.
In the end it comes down to fit and quality.
As much as you may really wish to like Barbour...and I do...the new offerings are a pale comparison to the vintage jackets, as example.
The only thing, upon sampling all, that is similar to the vintage International, for example, is the Mcqueen special edition...at 450+
I was surprised at the flimsy quality of the new Internationals I tried on and the fit was terrible...even at xxl.. 6 or 8 oz ? I dont know and didnt matter.
...it fit like crap, felt like crap..
And I am a very normal, athletic build, 52(42US) suit..6'1" 185..and not a slim fit.
Belstaff is the opposite...in later years quality of Belstaff suffered, items were outsourced to an Australian company for all the work...buttons (poppers) missing is very common, etc..Now however, the quality is very good since being bought by this Italian family (who's name I cant recall at the moment)..
Of course the British badmouth in their typical bitter British way about them being bought by the Italians...but the family who bought it have done great things I feel and are genuinely interested in the marque, motorcycling, style, quality, etc.
Going into the Belstaff boutique here and trying one on for the first time...man the fit, quality, and cut are PERFECT..awesome.
But they are out of my price range, even used I am not willing to spend that and would prefer to put my money elsewhere.
So I don't know what that says...
These forums can only help so much and often times I completely disagree with the majority of opinions once I experience an item directly.
For the retail price, absolutely not...but this is an internet age, and deals are abound these days.
If you can find at an agreeable price to you, I believe you'll be very pleased with the quality and cut, etc..
That said , I do find their marketing strategy bizarre. They place too much emphasis on their supplying Hollywood, which for me, is a detraction from buying it, not a motive.
I mean, it is a common strategy..Brioni did it, as well as other sartorial marques supplying movies etc...but i cannot believe it is helping them now in terms of image?
But what do I know...it is all stories/marketing srategies..the heritage one or the superstar one..it comes down to fit and quality in the end.
- Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Viberg Oxford Viberg Size 9 Roughout Includes shipping 51 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.