Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Please Authenticate - Belstaff Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it?post #1 of 3311/13/12 at 1:45pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 3311/13/12 at 4:38pmWhere are you doing your shopping? Most Belstaff leather is in the $1,250 to $1,600 range. At that price, value is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure you can find coats as well made and with as good quality hides as Belstaff for lower cost, so I am not sure you will find a good answer to your question, other than to potentially find another source for your coats..post #3 of 3311/13/12 at 4:45pmThread Starterpost #4 of 3311/13/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by gnatty8
Where are you doing your shopping? Most Belstaff leather is in the $1,250 to $1,600 range. At that price, value is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure you can find coats as well made and with as good quality hides as Belstaff for lower cost, so I am not sure you will find a good answer to your question, other than to potentially find another source for your coats..
The new designery line of Belstaff leathers like at Mr Porter and Barney's run around $2600 now.
There's even a wax cotton Roadmaster for $1500 on Barney's site.
I think the older model stuff like the leather Panthers and Brads are still in the $1600 range.post #5 of 3311/13/12 at 6:18pmpost #6 of 3311/13/12 at 8:49pmI don't think they are. I've seen quite a few worn in person and have not been impressed. For the money being charged, they should give a stronger feeling of quality. I'm not sure what other options are available but even at a substantial discount I wouldn't wear belstaff.
They also can have obtrusive branding which I've thought is distasteful.post #7 of 3311/13/12 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #8 of 3311/13/12 at 9:38pmpost #9 of 3311/14/12 at 1:03ampost #10 of 3311/14/12 at 5:56amI would highly recommend you get a horsehide leather MTM at Himel Bros. I picked up someone else's that they never picked up and it fits me like a glove and I couldn't be happier with it. To notch vegetable tanned horsehide with attention paid to the details such as hand cutting, cotton taped antique style zippers, etc.post #11 of 3311/14/12 at 6:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Patek
I would highly recommend you get a horsehide leather MTM at Himel Bros. I picked up someone else's that they never picked up and it fits me like a glove and I couldn't be happier with it. To notch vegetable tanned horsehide with attention paid to the details such as hand cutting, cotton taped antique style zippers, etc.
I agree it is an amazing jacket - but not the same style at all.post #12 of 3311/14/12 at 6:26ampost #13 of 3311/14/12 at 6:50amThread Starterpost #14 of 3311/14/12 at 4:39pmI got this one at the Belstaff store in Florence. IIRC, it was 1,300 Euros. I was perfectly happy paying that as it is very well made, the leather feels amazing, and I like the styling. I have the same thoughts on the Panther as well. I doubt I would pay $2,500 for any leather jacket to be very honest.
- Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it?
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1322 Active Users (354 Members and 968 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 18 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...