or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Armed robbery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Armed robbery - Page 4

post #46 of 112
Quote:
Spoken like a true idiot.  
Oh yeah, cuz I forgot that there's only one right answer to these utterly black and white questions like gun control and taxes. (rolls eyes so far back i can see behind me)
post #47 of 112
Quote:
Oh yeah, cuz I forgot that there's only one right answer to these utterly black and white questions like gun control and taxes. (rolls eyes so far back i can see behind me)
I wasn't criticizing his political beliefs - untenable though they may be. If you read carefully, you'll see that I was criticizing his use of meaningless jargon: "systematic politicians" and "onerous taxing authority". If one wishes to hold ill conceived political beliefs, one should at least be able to articulate them.
post #48 of 112
Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, cuz I forgot that there's only one right answer to these utterly black and white questions like gun control and taxes. (rolls eyes so far back i can see behind me)
I wasn't criticizing his political beliefs - untenable though they may be.  If you read carefully, you'll see that I was criticizing his use of meaningless jargon: "systematic politicians" and "onerous taxing authority".  If one wishes to hold ill conceived political beliefs, one should at least be able to articulate them.
You did call him something-hole a while ago.
post #49 of 112
Ad hominem attacks or (to make up a more precise/fitting fake Latin term) simile ad moronis attacks are not only ungentlemanly conduct but also a good way to get a good point ignored. Express all the opinions you want, but keep it civil. Attack ideas, not people, or take it to Free Republic where this type of thing is standard fare and SF users don't have to see it.
post #50 of 112
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I'd rather have the random dudes with shotguns than the quite systematic politicians with onerous taxing authority.
Oh is that right. I guess everyone is different then, me I gladly pay 30% of my income and 25 % sales tax to help keep higher education tuition free, support those single unemployed mothers with no formal education and two kids to feed and on top of that have the ability to sleep well at night knowing that the probability that some random dude will put a shotgun to my head for some petty cash is very close to nil. The systematic politicians as you call them are chosen by the people in free democratic elections, they tax us because we allow them to do so. Besides I rather be governed by "systematic politicans" than a supposedly "born again Christian" but in reality a drinking and driving complete and utter moron with the IQ of a carrot president. But that's just me...
post #51 of 112
Quote:
Ad hominem attacks or (to make up a more precise/fitting fake Latin term) simile ad moronis attacks are not only ungentlemanly conduct but also a good way to get a good point ignored.
And that is precisely what I do with him and his commentary. I trust that you and/or Steve B. will banish him from SF at the appropriate time and that you will know that time when you see it.
post #52 of 112
Quote:
Rich relative to Whites or other minorities?
rich relative to poor.
post #53 of 112
Quote:
And that is precisely what I do with him and his commentary. I trust that you and/or Steve B. will banish him from SF at the appropriate time and that you will know that time when you see it.
Honestly vero, give it a rest. I bet that you were beat up a lot as a child.
post #54 of 112
Quote:
Honestly vero, give it a rest.   I bet that you were beat up a lot as a child.
Sigh. This place has gotten so petty and tedious.
post #55 of 112
Quote:
Oh is that right. I guess everyone is different then, me I gladly pay 30% of my income and 25 % sales tax to help keep higher education tuition free, support those single unemployed mothers with no formal education and two kids to feed and on top of that have the ability to sleep well at night knowing that the probability that some random dude will put a shotgun to my head for some petty cash is very close to nil. The systematic politicians as you call them are chosen by the people in free democratic elections, they tax us because we allow them to do so. Besides I rather be governed by "systematic politicans" than a supposedly "born again Christian" but in reality a drinking and driving complete and utter moron with the IQ of a carrot president. But that's just me...
Yes, we are different, and I respect your point of view. Hopefully, you and other like-minded thinkers here are not completely intolerant of alternative points of view, regardless of how silly they may seem to you. I simply view government as more of a hindrance than as a solution to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Accordingly, my hope is that we limit government power and influence in our lives as much as possible. The more power government has, the more likely that "born again Christian" Bush philosophy at the top could lead us back to Nazi Germany if we slowly but surely give it the votes -- or passively not vote -- to do so. The same can be said for the Hillary Clinton philisophy that could lead us back to the Soviet Union. Either way, Left or Right, our freedoms and basic rights as individuals will be pushed aside for the "greater good".
post #56 of 112
Quote:
And that is precisely what I do with him and his commentary. I trust that you and/or Steve B. will banish him from SF at the appropriate time and that you will know that time when you see it.
It's much easier to ignore me than to address the non-ad hominem aspects of my "commentary", isn't it? I'm still trying to figure out what a "systematic politican" is, by the way. By the way, my commentary wasn't strictly ad hominem. An ad hominem attack would have involved my impugning your argument on the basis of your character. What I did was impugn your character ("spoken like a true idiot") on the basis of your nonsensical "argument" (which refers to "systematic politicians" and "onerous taxing authority").
post #57 of 112
Quote:
if i were a mugger i'd go after people who look rich or are well dressed. i don't see many black people who look rich and i see even fewer who are well dressed.
I still don't see how "black looking rich or dressing well" fits into this post.Seems a little odd. Even more odd you mention a mexicans and Cubans getting mugged, and going by your looking rich statement I'd assume you mean these group are well dressed or rich, but blacks have higher incomes in California than both groups. That goes for both native -born and immigrants
post #58 of 112
Incidentally, it's adorable that you think Hillary Clinton could prompt a move towards Bolshevism. Have you ever read anything other than libertarian and right-wing propaganda? For that matter, have you ever travelled outside the United States?
post #59 of 112
Quote:
i don't see many black people who look rich and i see even fewer who are well dressed.
There's a high-end men's store in my town that caters mostly to blacks (I'd suspect that 90% of the customers are); the store carries labels such as Versace, Coogi, Iceberg, Valentino, Zegna, Jhane Barnes, etc. I really hate to stereotype this sort of thing, but I see many more blacks that care about their appearance than whites. It seems a lot of african-americans dress sharply (often flambouyantly), while a lot of white guys look like slobs. I know that there are exceptions to every rule, so this is just a generalization.
post #60 of 112
Quote:
Incidentally, it's adorable that you think Hillary Clinton could prompt a move towards Bolshevism.  Have you ever read anything other than libertarian and right-wing propaganda?  For that matter, have you ever travelled outside the United States?
Yes, I consider HC to be a dangerous left-wing extremist just as much as I consider the Christian Coalition to be an organization of dangerous right-wing extremists. They are one and the same to me. Yes, I have read anything other than libertarian and right-wing propaganda. I read MSNBC.com (shudder). Yes, I have travelled outside the United States. I have lived in The Philippines (Makati) and Singapore. I have travelled in and/or done business in Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Great Britian, Monaco, and even far off exotic places like Canada. It is precisely this world travel that has brought me to the conclusions I expounded on above about government interference. EDIT: Oops, forgot The Bahamas.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Armed robbery