or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official No Purchases Until 2013 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official No Purchases Until 2013 Club

post #1 of 49
Thread Starter 
Let's separate the men from the boys.

No purchases until January 1, 2012.

No exceptions.

No "but it's the Mr. Porter 75% markdown!"

Nope.

Who's with me?
post #2 of 49
yeah ok. Unless my knits sell in which case I've sorted out a seller to replace them with.

Nothing else I want except for bespoke shit and that'll have to wait till next year.
post #3 of 49
in theory this is a good idea but most people, myself included, come 01/01/13 will just make up for lost time and use the money they "saved" over that 6 week period to buy more during the sale season.
post #4 of 49
You can count me in. The only thing I need is a new pair of jeans, but that can wait until next year, I suppose.
post #5 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

You can count me in. The only thing I need is a new pair of jeans, but that can wait until next year, I suppose.

didn't we try this last year? I think I lasted 4 months. Then went on a spree with all my extra moneys.
post #6 of 49

This might work better if there are other objectives besides not buying stupid shit for 1.5 months

E.g. investing all the extra money to generate more expendable income for the next sales? shog[1].gif

post #7 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

didn't we try this last year? I think I lasted 4 months. Then went on a spree with all my extra moneys.
I tried a No Purchase club for the whole year, and I lasted about two months shog[1].gif

BUT, I think I only bought about 6-8 things all year, and they are all much appreciated pieces.

Besides, I have been focusing my kop powers on my house lately, just making it more comfortable. Off to pick up the last furniture I need tomorrow.
post #8 of 49
What about buying something at a thrift store to flip?
post #9 of 49
I'll do this. Faster student loan payment, woo!
post #10 of 49
I'm in with my own conditions:

- ma-1 doesn't count.
- replace worn out things
- also need new socks.
- some after christmas sales start early...

My goal is to not increase the size of wardrobe.
post #11 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by buran View Post

I'm in with my own conditions:
- ma-1 doesn't count.
- replace worn out things
- also need new socks.
- some after christmas sales start early...
My goal is to not increase the size of wardrobe.

Do you understand what "no purchases" means?
post #12 of 49
This is easy mode haha, I buy stuff maybe once every few months. In.
post #13 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Do you understand what "no purchases" means?

means warmup for 51 weeks of 2013. I've been waiting for re-release of ma-1 since around February.
post #14 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

I tried a No Purchase club for the whole year, and I lasted about two months shog[1].gif
BUT, I think I only bought about 6-8 things all year, and they are all much appreciated pieces.
Besides, I have been focusing my kop powers on my house lately, just making it more comfortable. Off to pick up the last furniture I need tomorrow.

I did scale back purchases this year as well, bought a lot of stuff at deep discount to flip, so in actuality I didn't spend any extra money on clothing.
post #15 of 49

Just bought another Ervell knit, and now I'm thinking of halting anymore big purchases until next year.

(Man oh man though, I have my eye on a Schneider cardigan...I must resist..)
Count me in!


Edited by fishbones - 11/13/12 at 8:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official No Purchases Until 2013 Club