What is the appropriate length of a tie? I tend to wear my ties so they just touch the upper portion of my belt buckle, but I see some rather savvy people wearing their ties either an inch shorter or an inch longer than that.....
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/12/16 at 2:44pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 5:17 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
tie lengthpost #1 of 1111/12/12 at 7:30pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 1111/12/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
Right above the buckle is finepost #3 of 1111/13/12 at 12:25am
i think you might find this website helpful.
they explain how to tie a tie, and also what lengths it should be at. usually, above the belt buckle is the norm.
hope this helps.
jpost #4 of 1111/13/12 at 6:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1111/15/12 at 8:16ampost #6 of 1111/15/12 at 2:04pmpost #7 of 1111/15/12 at 4:25pmI tie it to end somewhere around the middle of the buckle or even slightly lower. Since I don't wear suspenders, pants inevitably slip down a bit during the day. Any gap between tip of the tie and belt buckle looks 100x more horrible than a slightly longer tie as long as it does not go below the belt linepost #8 of 1111/15/12 at 5:48pmpost #9 of 1111/16/12 at 9:49ampost #10 of 1111/16/12 at 10:45ampost #11 of 1111/17/12 at 3:11pm
- tie length
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1653 Active Users (391 Members and 1262 Guests)
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 30 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Futura Laboratories Cotton Drizzler Bomber Jacket $495 Lightweight L 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.