What is the appropriate length of a tie? I tend to wear my ties so they just touch the upper portion of my belt buckle, but I see some rather savvy people wearing their ties either an inch shorter or an inch longer than that.....
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:16 am in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 5:01 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) Last post on 1/31/16 at 4:24am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
post #1 of 11
11/12/12 at 7:30pm
Styleforum Top Picks
post #2 of 11
11/12/12 at 9:27pm
Right above the buckle is fine
post #3 of 11
11/13/12 at 12:25am
i think you might find this website helpful.
they explain how to tie a tie, and also what lengths it should be at. usually, above the belt buckle is the norm.
hope this helps.
post #4 of 11
11/13/12 at 6:05am
post #5 of 11
11/15/12 at 8:16am
post #6 of 11
11/15/12 at 2:04pm
post #7 of 11
11/15/12 at 4:25pm
I tie it to end somewhere around the middle of the buckle or even slightly lower. Since I don't wear suspenders, pants inevitably slip down a bit during the day. Any gap between tip of the tie and belt buckle looks 100x more horrible than a slightly longer tie as long as it does not go below the belt line
post #8 of 11
11/15/12 at 5:48pm
post #9 of 11
11/16/12 at 9:49am
post #10 of 11
11/16/12 at 10:45am
post #11 of 11
11/17/12 at 3:11pm
- tie length
Styleforum Top Picks
Currently, there are 1724 Active Users (367 Members and 1357 Guests)
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › My first bespoke experience begins - Cleverley 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...