Why are some night club owners discouraging square toed shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- FS or For Trade: Edward Green GALWAY Boots -- Dark Oak / Mocha Suede -- Size 8.5/9E (will... Last post on Today at 4:44 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Guata10s Closet Clearout - Shoes (AE, Alden, and more) Last post on Today at 3:53 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden color 8 Shell Cordovan Stoneman Chukka size 7.5 D Last post on Today at 2:18 pm in Marketplace
- Visvim Beard Boot Folk 10SS Black US8 Last post on Today at 12:02 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Sz 10.5 Ralph Lauren "Garda" Alligator Drivers Last post on Today at 10:07 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
square toed shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
I personally haven't had any problems, but I have heard a few stories in LA, SF, and NY....and then just saw it written in GQ magazine's special edition of the Style Guy. Glenn O'Brien asks DJ and Restauranteur Paul Sevigny how to "make the velvet rope disappear". Among his answers is.."Then there's one rule that goes without saying: No square-toe shoes".
Clearly, I am missing something.....
Nightclubs typically try to attract a particular type of person - some aim for well-dressed, business-style clients, others for more casual, "indie" clients and so on.
I'd assume that some nightclub owners have decided that square-toed shoes are not fashionable anymore or that they are on the way out and, as a consequence, have decided that people wearing those square-toed, Kenneth Cole monstrosities will not be permitted entry to their establishments.
As someone who loathes square-toed shoes with a passion, I heartily endorse this policy of discrimination against people wearing square-toed shoes.
You clearly haven't watched From Russia with Love
Square-toed shoes are generally indicative of cheaper (read: crappy) construction in leather shoes.
But for some reason, designers decided they looked nice and started incorporating them into their designs.
- square toed shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Brioni Patch Pocket Sport Coat 46L 12 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 56 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Malvern Uk10/10.5US with Orig. Edward Green Trees 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015