Why are some night club owners discouraging square toed shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Nike Air Moc Ultra Black 9 Last post on Yesterday at 6:21 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Robert Geller Common Projects Chelsea Boot Black 41 Last post on Yesterday at 6:17 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ALDEN CIGAR SHELL LHS BNIB - 11D Last post on Yesterday at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Dr. Martens 8 Hole US 10 Last post on Yesterday at 11:36 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Viberg Beige Kangaroo Service Boot 2030 8.5 Last post on Yesterday at 11:11 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
square toed shoes
I personally haven't had any problems, but I have heard a few stories in LA, SF, and NY....and then just saw it written in GQ magazine's special edition of the Style Guy. Glenn O'Brien asks DJ and Restauranteur Paul Sevigny how to "make the velvet rope disappear". Among his answers is.."Then there's one rule that goes without saying: No square-toe shoes".
Clearly, I am missing something.....
Nightclubs typically try to attract a particular type of person - some aim for well-dressed, business-style clients, others for more casual, "indie" clients and so on.
I'd assume that some nightclub owners have decided that square-toed shoes are not fashionable anymore or that they are on the way out and, as a consequence, have decided that people wearing those square-toed, Kenneth Cole monstrosities will not be permitted entry to their establishments.
As someone who loathes square-toed shoes with a passion, I heartily endorse this policy of discrimination against people wearing square-toed shoes.
You clearly haven't watched From Russia with Love
Square-toed shoes are generally indicative of cheaper (read: crappy) construction in leather shoes.
But for some reason, designers decided they looked nice and started incorporating them into their designs.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 1 minute ago
- › The Matchbook Company Wallets 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet MTO Taylor (High Rise, Single Pleat) Super 130s Wool SIZE 34 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...