Why are some night club owners discouraging square toed shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Enzo Bonafe Cordovan UK 8.5 and UK 9 Last post on Today at 7:54 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Common Projects Achilles Low Black Size 43 Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BNIB Allen Edmonds Delray in Chili 11.5 E Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- FS: NIB George Cleverley Antique Burgundy Loafer UK9/US10 and UK8/US9 Last post on Today at 12:04 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- FS: NIB Edward Green Newbury Wholecut Cloud Antique Shoes UK8/US8.5 Last post on Today at 11:54 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
square toed shoes
I personally haven't had any problems, but I have heard a few stories in LA, SF, and NY....and then just saw it written in GQ magazine's special edition of the Style Guy. Glenn O'Brien asks DJ and Restauranteur Paul Sevigny how to "make the velvet rope disappear". Among his answers is.."Then there's one rule that goes without saying: No square-toe shoes".
Clearly, I am missing something.....
Nightclubs typically try to attract a particular type of person - some aim for well-dressed, business-style clients, others for more casual, "indie" clients and so on.
I'd assume that some nightclub owners have decided that square-toed shoes are not fashionable anymore or that they are on the way out and, as a consequence, have decided that people wearing those square-toed, Kenneth Cole monstrosities will not be permitted entry to their establishments.
As someone who loathes square-toed shoes with a passion, I heartily endorse this policy of discrimination against people wearing square-toed shoes.
You clearly haven't watched From Russia with Love
Square-toed shoes are generally indicative of cheaper (read: crappy) construction in leather shoes.
But for some reason, designers decided they looked nice and started incorporating them into their designs.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 59 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 7 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding