Why are some night club owners discouraging square toed shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 11/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dior Homme B48 Leather Hi-Top Sneaker, Slimane Era Last post on Today at 12:45 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Common Projects Original White Achilles Low sz 42 US 9 Last post on Yesterday at 10:58 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Haider Ackermann Western Boots Last post on Yesterday at 9:47 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Alden x J Gilbert Reverse Chamois Indy 8E Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Epaulet Unfinished Horsehide Sport Trainers Size 9.5 Last post on Yesterday at 5:30 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
square toed shoes
I personally haven't had any problems, but I have heard a few stories in LA, SF, and NY....and then just saw it written in GQ magazine's special edition of the Style Guy. Glenn O'Brien asks DJ and Restauranteur Paul Sevigny how to "make the velvet rope disappear". Among his answers is.."Then there's one rule that goes without saying: No square-toe shoes".
Clearly, I am missing something.....
Nightclubs typically try to attract a particular type of person - some aim for well-dressed, business-style clients, others for more casual, "indie" clients and so on.
I'd assume that some nightclub owners have decided that square-toed shoes are not fashionable anymore or that they are on the way out and, as a consequence, have decided that people wearing those square-toed, Kenneth Cole monstrosities will not be permitted entry to their establishments.
As someone who loathes square-toed shoes with a passion, I heartily endorse this policy of discrimination against people wearing square-toed shoes.
You clearly haven't watched From Russia with Love
Square-toed shoes are generally indicative of cheaper (read: crappy) construction in leather shoes.
But for some reason, designers decided they looked nice and started incorporating them into their designs.
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 26 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 26 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 30 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 31 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 32 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 40 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding