• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small children.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find small children ceaselessly and relentlessly annoying. They dart back and forth like miniature drug addicts and are hopelessly loud.

I can certainly see why small children are not allowed at certain events and places like estate sales.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worse are the parents who think their little one can do no wrong. It's generally the mothers who don't work, and drive 4WDs.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed, the parents who get extremely confrontational when their children's behaviour is brought up. Some of the parents who are exceptionally earnest in their children's defense are probably mentally unbalanced.

Incidentally, this also ties in with these crazed minivan-driving parents who kill other parents or children at events like soccer/hockey games.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that means you'll never breed, it can't be all wrong then.

!luc

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best is when they bring them to restaurants. If the entree costs more than $9.95, leave em at home.

Back in my day, my neighbors would discipline me and my friends' parents would discipline me. Then, I'd get wooped when my dad got home.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like teaching them things - just a few weeks ago, I taught my 18-months-old nephew to bang the table rhythmically and shout for "beer, beer, beer", and to shout "SCHWING" at passing women. My sister was less amused.

I also like teaching dogs to beg for food from the table.

LK: If you want revenge on the parents, what you need to do is to give the annoying children noisy gifts like drums and various cheap musical instruments.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
The best is when they bring them to restaurants. If the entree costs more than $9.95, leave em at home.

Rather than price (varies by city), the simplest rule is to ask if the restaurant has a kid's menu. One casual chain in Canada that never had a kid's menu to start (Earl's) recently decided to stop offering booster seats... much to the consternation of the local parents. Many of them will still drive the strollers in and park them by the table.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I like teaching them things - just a few weeks ago, I taught my 18-months-old nephew to bang the table rhythmically and shout for "beer, beer, beer", and to shout "SCHWING" at passing women. My sister was less amused.

I also like teaching dogs to beg for food from the table.

LK: If you want revenge on the parents, what you need to do is to give the annoying children noisy gifts like drums and various cheap musical instruments.

boy, I so remember being at that stage in life.
the only way to avoid revenge is to move half way across the world.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I find small children ceaselessly and relentlessly annoying. They dart back and forth like miniature drug addicts and are hopelessly loud.

I can certainly see why small children are not allowed at certain events and places like estate sales.

If you have ever attended a birth you would know they just cant be started out any bigger.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
If that means you'll never breed, it can't be all wrong then.

!luc

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Children? Psh. Waste of money. I'd rather spend my hard-earned greenbacks on shoes and suits.
devil.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Disdain for children will be the downfall of Western civilization. Check the birth rates in Europe.

But think how much FUN that last generation will have.

This thread is great in so many ways.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads