or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Small children.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Small children.

post #1 of 91
Thread Starter 
I find small children ceaselessly and relentlessly annoying. They dart back and forth like miniature drug addicts and are hopelessly loud.

I can certainly see why small children are not allowed at certain events and places like estate sales.
post #2 of 91
Worse are the parents who think their little one can do no wrong. It's generally the mothers who don't work, and drive 4WDs.
post #3 of 91
Thread Starter 
Indeed, the parents who get extremely confrontational when their children's behaviour is brought up. Some of the parents who are exceptionally earnest in their children's defense are probably mentally unbalanced. Incidentally, this also ties in with these crazed minivan-driving parents who kill other parents or children at events like soccer/hockey games.
post #4 of 91
If that means you'll never breed, it can't be all wrong then.

!luc
post #5 of 91
The best is when they bring them to restaurants. If the entree costs more than $9.95, leave em at home.

Back in my day, my neighbors would discipline me and my friends' parents would discipline me. Then, I'd get wooped when my dad got home.
post #6 of 91
I like teaching them things - just a few weeks ago, I taught my 18-months-old nephew to bang the table rhythmically and shout for "beer, beer, beer", and to shout "SCHWING" at passing women. My sister was less amused. I also like teaching dogs to beg for food from the table. LK: If you want revenge on the parents, what you need to do is to give the annoying children noisy gifts like drums and various cheap musical instruments.
post #7 of 91
rofl!
post #8 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
The best is when they bring them to restaurants. If the entree costs more than $9.95, leave em at home.

Rather than price (varies by city), the simplest rule is to ask if the restaurant has a kid's menu. One casual chain in Canada that never had a kid's menu to start (Earl's) recently decided to stop offering booster seats... much to the consternation of the local parents. Many of them will still drive the strollers in and park them by the table.
post #9 of 91
Disdain for children will be the downfall of Western civilization. Check the birth rates in Europe.
post #10 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
I like teaching them things - just a few weeks ago, I taught my 18-months-old nephew to bang the table rhythmically and shout for "beer, beer, beer", and to shout "SCHWING" at passing women. My sister was less amused.

I also like teaching dogs to beg for food from the table.

LK: If you want revenge on the parents, what you need to do is to give the annoying children noisy gifts like drums and various cheap musical instruments.

boy, I so remember being at that stage in life.
the only way to avoid revenge is to move half way across the world.
post #11 of 91
Oh, to be young and selfish again.
post #12 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I find small children ceaselessly and relentlessly annoying. They dart back and forth like miniature drug addicts and are hopelessly loud.

I can certainly see why small children are not allowed at certain events and places like estate sales.

If you have ever attended a birth you would know they just cant be started out any bigger.
post #13 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel View Post
If that means you'll never breed, it can't be all wrong then.

!luc

post #14 of 91
Children? Psh. Waste of money. I'd rather spend my hard-earned greenbacks on shoes and suits.
post #15 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
Disdain for children will be the downfall of Western civilization. Check the birth rates in Europe.

But think how much FUN that last generation will have.

This thread is great in so many ways.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Small children.