or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Have you known an East Indian man that was successful in dating interracial before?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Have you known an East Indian man that was successful in dating interracial before? - Page 3

post #31 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Shard View Post

How surprising, the Indian guy is the one that is hard on me than anyone else. I don't doubt for a second he is one of those kids who grew up in London or Toronto and has little to no idea how it is like being a minority in general in the deep south.

I'm guessing this is a reference to me - unfortunately I didn't grow up in London or Toronto - I'm born and raised in Edmonton - I'll give you a few minutes to find that on a map - we're in the middle of the most redneck conservative province in Canada, so your stereotypes of the deep south don't have much effect on me.

I have a good friend, who is South Indian - the group of brown people that all the other brown people like to pick on. He grew up in Dubai where he was picked on by all the other brown kids and was convinced he was ugly by everyone's standards. I'm not sure he had ever interacted with white people before coming to Canada for university. I remember he told me the first time he saw a white homeless guy his mind was blown - because growing up he figured all white people were rich. For the first few years he was probably more insecure/self-conscious around girls than you (at least from what I can gather by reading a few of your posts.) At one point he stopped obsessing about white/brown/black and just learned to talk to women with confidence - period. Now he's actually pretty good at picking them up regardless of race.

If you want a single piece of actionable advice which could help you - find a way to conquer your insecurity, women detect that right away and you're hooped before you even start. Straight up - some women won't date brown guys period, but many other girls are open to dating ANY guy who can charm them.
Edited by FidelCashflow - 11/25/12 at 4:53pm
post #32 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Shard View Post

How surprising, the Indian guy is the one that is hard on me than anyone else. I don't doubt for a second he is one of those kids who grew up in London or Toronto and has little to no idea how it is like being a minority in general in the deep south. I always have a bad experience with other Indians online, most of the guys have no real life experience and probably got pandered to as kids.

much more suprising is why you're still around.
post #33 of 74
^ kudos to him for sticking it out...at least he appears to be considering the recommendations here (as opposed to the 96 year old virgin guy in the other thread).
post #34 of 74

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisher Shard View Post

Wow, much to my surprise the posts on here were actually heavily helpful, thank you CesarC, you are my favorite user on here now. Thank you so much.

 

How surprising, the Indian guy is the one that is hard on me than anyone else. I don't doubt for a second he is one of those kids who grew up in London or Toronto and has little to no idea how it is like being a minority in general in the deep south. I always have a bad experience with other Indians online, most of the guys have no real life experience and probably got pandered to as kids.

 

As for my looks, I got voted into Beautifulpeople.com and have received winks from women in Brazil and Russia so I guess that is going somewhere.

 

As for the south, maybe Atlanta and college towns are different but in my area, most girls who are decent looking and White will hardly ever date a White guy, unless he is a White Latino (Messi for example).

 

Why am I insecure about being Indian?

 

1. Living down south as a minority (most women are White), me and my Black, Asian, and Brown Hispanic friends rarely have success dating interracial.

 

2. On the internet, I have read NOTHING but how bad Indian men have it dating in the US, UK, Canada, and even Western Europe (where women run at the sight of seeing one apparently)

 

So I posted this for some information and getting to know how bad it is in other areas of not only America but even the world.

 

 

Look it's time to cut the crap. It's not a woman that you are needing in your life, but it's the Harold in your Harold and Kumar.

post #35 of 74
Thread Starter 

Great posts, I misjudged you fidel (creative name too btw).

 

What I am truly interested in knowing is this, do you think Indian men can pick up a niche or find kinds of women who are interested in them and women they start off on a positive note with because of their dark hair, light brown skin, and brown eyes?

 

Basically, women who will find this attractive:

 

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/q/a/qa82ntiobqg2itb8.jpg

 

Like Black men have their niche, women of other races seek them out for their "size".

 

Do Indian men have their niche they can play up to?

post #36 of 74
"me? I'm a doctor, what do you do?"
post #37 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Shard View Post

Do Indian men have their niche they can play up to?

Yes and no. I'm sure there are tons of girls who would find someone who looked like that pic attractive. But you won't have any way of to readily identify them. It's not like you can look at people walking down the street and say "yup - she's into brown guys."

But that said, lots of girls are open to *anyone* who is charming/interesting/entertaining - that's your in. If you can hold a girls interest in a conversation, and be interesting to be around, looks become secondary - and maybe after an hour of talking to them, they start to think "hey - he is attractive" because you grow on them.

There is this whole guy subculture of PUA's ("pick up artists") who advocate that if you can say the right thing and present yourself in the right way ANY guy can get ANY girl. I think there is some truth to that. You can google it find a zillion forums and books on the subject. Someone once insisted I read one of these books - I declined because I thought it was all a little weird and creepy - but I've seen it work for some people, and backfire with comical results for others.
Edited by FidelCashflow - 11/30/12 at 6:08pm
post #38 of 74
double-post
post #39 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Shard View Post

Great posts, I misjudged you fidel (creative name too btw).

 

What I am truly interested in knowing is this, do you think Indian men can pick up a niche or find kinds of women who are interested in them and women they start off on a positive note with because of their dark hair, light brown skin, and brown eyes?

 

Basically, women who will find this attractive:

 

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/q/a/qa82ntiobqg2itb8.jpg

 

Like Black men have their niche, women of other races seek them out for their "size".

 

Do Indian men have their niche they can play up to?

 

Hah, dude, you have to stop fixating on this.  Especially if you are super good-looking as the guy in that photo, you should have no problem and you just need to get over it.  Stop relying or fixating on looks, and just get out there. 

 

But to answer your question, yes, they do exist but are rare.

 

Oh, and +1 to Fidel's last comment.

post #40 of 74
Thread Starter 

What I am saying is this, say you put an Indian guy in London, he PROBABLY won't have much luck there because the British hate Brown people a lot (apparently from what I have heard). Also, any word on how tough it might be for me to have success with women in countries like France or Norway compared to the USA?

 

Now on the other hand, if you put him in NYC apparently he can have SOME SUCCESS. What I am saying is, among what groups of women (especially since White since that is all I am really around) can an Indian guy appeal to and start on the right foot with?

 

Hipsters? Nurses? Well Traveled ones?

 

I mean I certainly won't try to hit on sorority girls.

post #41 of 74
You're wrong about why white women date black guys. White women date black guys because black guys ask women out not post about dating on SF. It's as simple as that. For whatever reason(culture likely) black people are more forward
post #42 of 74
You sure seem to base many of your negative stereotypes on things you've "heard" or read. Want some more help with women? Go get some life experience vs. talking about things.
post #43 of 74
I'm Indian-American, and the only girls I date are sorority girls. Race doesn't matter to me, and I don't think I'd date a girl for whom it does.
post #44 of 74
Oh boy - you're still stuck in this mindset that everyone can be neatly compartmentalized into one stereotypical clique or another. That happens in movies - not real life - if you can't get past that it will be your biggest stumbling block - because you will always be trying to mentally pigeonhole people and 90% of the time you will be wrong,
post #45 of 74
I've never done an Indian chick. They must be racist.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Have you known an East Indian man that was successful in dating interracial before?