or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suit jacket too tight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suit jacket too tight?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

Hi

 

I recently bought a Tiger suit, size 44 on the jacket. Took some pictures which got me wondering if it's too tight, especially when i see how it follows my lower back, should it be more straight?

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #2 of 23

Hrrrnnnnnhh.... *whimper* unbutton the bottom button. Do it. Never look back. That bottom button should never be buttoned again! Ever! Ever ever ever! Sew it shut if you have to.

 

As far as other matters go, though, it actually fits you really well. I would personally shorten the pants a bit, but that's just a matter of taste. The tie knot is also a poor choice (if the tie is a bit long on you, either tie a half-windsor or tuck the short end into your shirt), and the pocket square's a bit too matchy. Lastly, the shoes are a little bit too Kenneth Cole-y. Don't let this discourage you, though. The hardest part is getting a suit to fit right, and to my eye it looks like you did that very well, so kudos! 

 

Also, you probably know this, but if you decide that this suit is a keeper, remove that tag before you wear it out.

post #3 of 23

What makes you think it is too small? Hawisher has pointed out a number of other issues. I'd add that there appears to be something strange with the collar, as it's creeping over on one side and gaping at the other. Too short and appears to be on twisted...

post #4 of 23
If you have the option, I strongly suggest you return the suit. Much too many faults with it, many of which are incorrigible. Are you Swedish? If so, Rose & Born are a much better option in the same price bracket. And if you can dispense with the brick-and-mortar experience, you've also got online stores such as Suitsupply, T.M. Lewis and Charles Tyrwhitt to consider.
post #5 of 23

The length of the trousers is not a matter of taste. Too long.

Some jackets are meant to hug the shape(if you have one) of the back.

That being said, seems to be struggling in the jacket length.

Does it hang straight when hung alone?

A lot of creasing in the back of the arms. You might be a difficult body shape.

Did you try on other sizes?

 

And those shoes need to be burned, IMMEDIATELY!cry.gif

Proper pair might alleviate some of that uber narrow opening at the ankle that you have now.

post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivar View Post

If you have the option, I strongly suggest you return the suit. Much too many faults with it, many of which are incorrigible. Are you Swedish? If so, Rose & Born are a much better option in the same price bracket. And if you can dispense with the brick-and-mortar experience, you've also got online stores such as Suitsupply, T.M. Lewis and Charles Tyrwhitt to consider.

Of course I defer to your superior expertise, but what's wrong with it? It seemed to me to fit well. No gapping, and while the notches and button stance are both a bit high, that could just be personal preference, no?

post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hawisher View Post

Of course I defer to your superior expertise, but what's wrong with it? It seemed to me to fit well. No gapping, and while the notches and button stance are both a bit high, that could just be personal preference, no?

The length of the jacket is what jumps out at me.
post #8 of 23

Covers his ass, don't it?

 

I, too, would prefer that it be longer, but that's just another element of personal preference, no? The modern style (not that he's going for a modern cut) is that a slightly shorter jacket is acceptable. Again, this jacket is hardly ideal, but if those things (high button stance, slightly shorter jacket, high notches) are what he's going for, then it fits him really well.

post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hawisher View Post

Of course I defer to your superior expertise, but what's wrong with it? It seemed to me to fit well. No gapping, and while the notches and button stance are both a bit high, that could just be personal preference, no?

Tiger of Sweden is similar to Hugo Boss in that they overcharge (they start at about 800 dollars) for what is essentially glorified Zara suits (last time I checked, most of their suits were still fused and made of poor quality cloth). Second, even if the quality were there, that's still an ugly-ass suit (jacket is too short, button stance is too high, gorge is almost lying on his shoulder, vent is flaring out, etc.) Third, should he want that kind of styling regardless, he'll have no trouble finding it in the offerings of most high-street stores (such as aforementioned Zara), and for a great deal less than what this suit cost him.
post #10 of 23
Another awfuk suit. Too many today.

Too tight, too short, trousers too tapered etc.

Check around here some more befoe you wastethe time of more shop keepers.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivar View Post


Tiger of Sweden is similar to Hugo Boss in that they overcharge (they start at about 800 dollars) for what is essentially glorified Zara suits (last time I checked, most of their suits were still fused and made of poor quality cloth). Second, even if the quality were there, that's still an ugly-ass suit (jacket is too short, button stance is too high, gorge is almost lying on his shoulder, vent is flaring out, etc.) Third, should he want that kind of styling regardless, he'll have no trouble finding it in the offerings of most high-street stores (such as aforementioned Zara), and for a great deal less than what this suit cost him.

Learn something every day, I guess.

post #12 of 23
not good
post #13 of 23
The back falls in your hips causing the wrinkles due to your erect posture. Will probably be a problem with any jacket. The jacket isn't too tight.
post #14 of 23
After seeing your tie, all I can think about is this:


post #15 of 23
if all people around you are very young and trendy i would say this is OK. But this is definitely not SF MC standard. a few things

1. change your shoe it's ugly
2. a better way to tie your knot
3. only button the top one
4. jacket is a little short, but i think it's trendy. satisfied.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suit jacket too tight?