or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro 702 Contest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro 702 Contest - Page 31

post #451 of 651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post




starting to get some movement.

wtf, I thought this was rambo. lawlz

Sup brah
post #452 of 651

The USPS finally delivered my 702s today.  I took measurements and then tried them on.  I'd forgotten how hard and stiff raw denim is!  My Raleigh's and Nudies are each over a year old and not as heavy as these (12oz-13oz I think) but they weren't nearly as stiff.  It took me almost 15 minutes to get the buttons done up.  Not so much because they were too tight but because of the stiffness.

 

I might have been able to go a size down (to a 30 but Jay didn't have that size) as the thigh, knee and hem could have been a little slimmer.  Or maybe I should have gone with the BOM003. But I'm still very happy.  Here's a bad pic of fit.  I'll have to get my wife to take one in better light when she gets back.

 

Let the games begin!

 

post #453 of 651

glad UPS showed up for you! 

what is your waist measurement??? I wanna get some 702s as well and Jay told me to size the same as my 0200sp (30) and those are still super tight on me but people say they are "vanity" sized. Jeans should not be this difficult

post #454 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

The USPS finally delivered my 702s today.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I took measurements and then tried them on.  I'd forgotten how hard and stiff raw denim is!  My Raleigh's and Nudies are each over a year old and not as heavy as these (12oz-13oz I think) but they weren't nearly as stiff.  It took me almost 15 minutes to get the buttons done up.  Not so much because they were too tight but because of the stiffness.

I might have been able to go a size down (to a 30 but Jay didn't have that size) as the thigh, knee and hem could have been a little slimmer.  Or maybe I should have gone with the BOM003. But I'm still very happy.  Here's a bad pic of fit.  I'll have to get my wife to take one in better light when she gets back.

Let the games begin!



On the contrary, I think the fit looks good and will conform more to your body as it softens up.
post #455 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

On the contrary, I think the fit looks good and will conform more to your body as it softens up.

Thanks, Messi-man. Appreciate it. Go Barca!
post #456 of 651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

On the contrary, I think the fit looks good and will conform more to your body as it softens up.

Thanks, Messi-man. Appreciate it. Go Barca!

GTFO

Hala Madrid!
post #457 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer View Post

glad UPS showed up for you! 

what is your waist measurement??? I wanna get some 702s as well and Jay told me to size the same as my 0200sp (30) and those are still super tight on me but people say they are "vanity" sized. Jeans should not be this difficult

 

Where I would wear my jeans (not my actual waist), I am about 32".  I ordered tag size 31 which Jay had listed as waist at 32".  I measured it at about 31" right out of the box.  They didn't have a size 30 or I would probably have ordered that but maybe I'm glad I didn't try to find a 30 as these feel pretty good and as Argentino said, they'll conform better as they soften up.

 

These are definitely not vanity sized!  Good luck.

post #458 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post


GTFO

Hala Madrid!

 

smile.gif     boxing[1].gif    Good luck Tuesday!

post #459 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

 

Where I would wear my jeans (not my actual waist), I am about 32".  I ordered tag size 31 which Jay had listed as waist at 32".  I measured it at about 31" right out of the box.  They didn't have a size 30 or I would probably have ordered that but maybe I'm glad I didn't try to find a 30 as these feel pretty good and as Argentino said, they'll conform better as they soften up.

 

These are definitely not vanity sized!  Good luck.

thanks! i am a 33 where i wear my jeans so I dont think i could fit a 30 at all now cheers.gif

post #460 of 651

looks kinda loose around the ankle but maybe youre okay with that

post #461 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

looks kinda loose around the ankle but maybe youre okay with that

In a world full of taper, this comment becomes far too common. When viewed from a more macro perspective, they look just fine - a nice thin straight leg. Not to rag on you by any means, TooAwesome, but as that trend continues to turn back (already JCrew is pushing their slim-straight cut again rather than the tapered 484), the cut will be more recognized as timeless and an "overall good fit."
post #462 of 651
post #463 of 651
So...it happened. I have a small blow-out on the left side of my crotch. Usually i time my first wash or rinse with a major crotch blowout but I probably will hold off for now.

I did not soak, and this is probably a contributing factor, so i have 2 questions.

1) does jay or anyone else have patches of this denim for repair?

2) would a "crotch soak" with woolite black reinforce this part of the jean? I'm not inclined to soak the whole jean but this might help.
post #464 of 651
This again raises my worry-levels about my pair. Can't be a coincidence. Is the pink inseam unravelling or was this on another part of the fabric?
post #465 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

This again raises my worry-levels about my pair. Can't be a coincidence. Is the pink inseam unravelling or was this on another part of the fabric?

pink inseam is intact, this is just a standard blow out in the crotch region. given the snugness of the way i like my denim to fit, I find that blowouts are inevitiable and are just a part of the experience.

Not washing them or soaking them does weaken the fabric so i may repair them and then give that area a woolite and water treatment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro 702 Contest