- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Siki Im and John Lawrence Sullivan hidden placket shirts Last post on Today at 4:26 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Geller wool/cotton grey shirt, 46 Last post on Yesterday at 2:20 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Rare Sold Out Gitman Brothers/The Hill-Side Short-Sleeve Shirt, American Calico Floral Print, Navy Last post on Yesterday at 10:43 am in Marketplace
- New summery orange Truzzi shirt, size 39, hand-sewn all over Last post on Yesterday at 6:36 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MOMOTARO, TFH, Cushman, Studio D'artisan Shirt Last post on Yesterday at 5:03 am in Marketplace
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Cheapest tailor made dress shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
The phrase "you get what you pay for" is a curiously specific version of the phrase "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I despise the concept. You don't get what you pay for, at least not if you count 'paying' solely in terms of the amount of money spent on an article of clothing. The idea that "you get what you pay for" is a concept advanced by precisely two categories of people: the type who wish to suggest that your method of acquiring clothing due to your relative lack of affluence is inadequate and the type of people who do not wish to look for clothing at thrift or secondhand stores and feel the need (for whatever reason, as one's preferences in this area are entirely a matter of personal taste and should not be judged) to justify their preferences with a pithy phrase.
That said, I believe I am familiar with the source of shirting in question, and can confidently say that you get what you pay for.
I too looked around online for a shirt tailor and although some of the websites are very nice looking, it seems to me it would be more accurate going to an actual tailor to go over different style options, and having them measure myself and discuss the fit options I have available.
Hope this helps.
While I find it convenient to shop online, some still prefer the traditional way of going to the shops or meeting with their custom tailors. I suggest try 1 MTM online and purchase a shirt that way you can check for yourself the quality of the shirt, but don't forget to read the return policy in case you're unsatisfied with your purchase.
- Cheapest tailor made dress shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Nonnative Gortex Jacket 30 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › HOW MANY PAIRS OF JEANS DO YOU OWN? 3 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)