- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- BNWT Gitman Brothers Vintage "Good Catch" Shirt Size Small Last post on Today at 3:17 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Billy Reid Large Baby Blue check shirt Last post on Yesterday at 10:51 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- YOHJI YAMAMOTO Y's ASPESI shirt | Size M Last post on Yesterday at 6:02 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- UNDERCOVER Undercoverism shirt Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- BNWOT sandro Western Red Selvedge Shirt XS Last post on Yesterday at 12:49 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Cheapest tailor made dress shirt?post #1 of 611/6/12 at 3:55pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 611/6/12 at 7:30pmpost #3 of 611/6/12 at 7:42pm
The phrase "you get what you pay for" is a curiously specific version of the phrase "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I despise the concept. You don't get what you pay for, at least not if you count 'paying' solely in terms of the amount of money spent on an article of clothing. The idea that "you get what you pay for" is a concept advanced by precisely two categories of people: the type who wish to suggest that your method of acquiring clothing due to your relative lack of affluence is inadequate and the type of people who do not wish to look for clothing at thrift or secondhand stores and feel the need (for whatever reason, as one's preferences in this area are entirely a matter of personal taste and should not be judged) to justify their preferences with a pithy phrase.
That said, I believe I am familiar with the source of shirting in question, and can confidently say that you get what you pay for.post #4 of 611/6/12 at 9:06pm
I too looked around online for a shirt tailor and although some of the websites are very nice looking, it seems to me it would be more accurate going to an actual tailor to go over different style options, and having them measure myself and discuss the fit options I have available.
Hope this helps.
Jasonpost #5 of 611/7/12 at 1:42am
While I find it convenient to shop online, some still prefer the traditional way of going to the shops or meeting with their custom tailors. I suggest try 1 MTM online and purchase a shirt that way you can check for yourself the quality of the shirt, but don't forget to read the return policy in case you're unsatisfied with your purchase.post #6 of 611/7/12 at 2:57am
- Cheapest tailor made dress shirt?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things you just don't get 20 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 29 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › need a good vest, and some shirts 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...