- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- New Brooks Brothers Artisanal Shirts, Blue & White, Retail $278 Last post on Today at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Jcrew Casual Button Down Shirts size L Last post on Today at 6:42 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Band of Outsiders Maps Printed Shirt Size 2 Last post on Yesterday at 4:39 pm in Marketplace
- Sophnet Number Shirt - Medium Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Kapital / Brown Polo / Size 4 / SS14 Last post on 5/26/15 at 10:46am in Marketplace
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Cheapest tailor made dress shirt?post #1 of 611/6/12 at 3:55pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 611/6/12 at 7:30pmpost #3 of 611/6/12 at 7:42pm
The phrase "you get what you pay for" is a curiously specific version of the phrase "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I despise the concept. You don't get what you pay for, at least not if you count 'paying' solely in terms of the amount of money spent on an article of clothing. The idea that "you get what you pay for" is a concept advanced by precisely two categories of people: the type who wish to suggest that your method of acquiring clothing due to your relative lack of affluence is inadequate and the type of people who do not wish to look for clothing at thrift or secondhand stores and feel the need (for whatever reason, as one's preferences in this area are entirely a matter of personal taste and should not be judged) to justify their preferences with a pithy phrase.
That said, I believe I am familiar with the source of shirting in question, and can confidently say that you get what you pay for.post #4 of 611/6/12 at 9:06pm
I too looked around online for a shirt tailor and although some of the websites are very nice looking, it seems to me it would be more accurate going to an actual tailor to go over different style options, and having them measure myself and discuss the fit options I have available.
Hope this helps.
Jasonpost #5 of 611/7/12 at 1:42am
While I find it convenient to shop online, some still prefer the traditional way of going to the shops or meeting with their custom tailors. I suggest try 1 MTM online and purchase a shirt that way you can check for yourself the quality of the shirt, but don't forget to read the return policy in case you're unsatisfied with your purchase.post #6 of 611/7/12 at 2:57am
- Cheapest tailor made dress shirt?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 29 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 30 minutes ago
- › UrbanCompositions's Menswear Compilation 33 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 minutes ago
- › Best denim out there at the moment? 39 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan