I am wanting to buy my first set of brown brogues for Christmas and I want to see what options are out there for me. I am going for a particular design based on the following rules:
- 100% real leather and quality overall construction
- Slim, but not flat heels. No chunky platforms.
- Lighter to medium shade of brown
- Slender rounded toe. Nothing pointy or square
- Flat toe section. No elf-like upkicks
- Tasteful brogue detailing, but not overkill
Only brogues I've come across so far that fit my requirements are these ones from Ted Baker, but I am not sure of the quality: http://www.asos.com/Ted-Baker/Ted-Baker-Greco-Brogue-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2318236&cid=11941&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Tan
I've also seen some gorgeous ones for Fratelli Borgioli, however they are hard to come by and are a bit out of my price range.
So if you have any suggestions that match my criteria, then I would love to hear them!
Edited by Jay-B - 11/5/12 at 4:31am