or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Whose closet would you most like to raid?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whose closet would you most like to raid? - Page 4

Poll Results: Whose closet are you raiding

 
  • 1% (1)
    JRD
  • 47% (34)
    Spoo
  • 18% (13)
    Victor
  • 1% (1)
    Stitches (both his tie and fake beard collection warrant his presence on the poll)
  • 4% (3)
    Foo
  • 1% (1)
    upr_crust
  • 1% (1)
    Kappelan
  • 0% (0)
    Albert Hal
  • 0% (0)
    Sugar Butch (earrings not included)
  • 1% (1)
    Ogretorix
  • 22% (16)
    Other (write in below)
71 Total Votes  
post #46 of 99

RJMan, Manton, Chikor, CDW, Ethandesu, Luk-cha, Kolecho, and Aportney.

 

Why would anyone raid Ogretorix's closet instead of just raid Goodwill Store?

 

p.s., closets in the list is pretty meh.

post #47 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

3 pages and no mention of PG?

 

PG's closet is pretty meh as well

post #48 of 99
[srs post]
i know this is all in good fun, but i wanted to note the following.

one of the things i have learned here, is that while there is much to learn from other posters here, and their wardrobes, it is very important to develop a sense of style of ones own. and raiding someones closet, would really be akin to playing dress up. its fun and all, but then its over and you go get dressed.

while it would be cool to see all the things that some of the posters here have in their closet, it would not really be, imo, a good move, to just step into someone elses clothing. i think one would feel cool, but lacking. it would not truly be a reflection of that persons style, or stylistic choices.
[/srs post]

as you were....
post #49 of 99
other than clothing items, I would raid Fred's, for the cool appliances and furniture (The Chair)
post #50 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

[srs post]
i know this is all in good fun, but i wanted to note the following.
one of the things i have learned here, is that while there is much to learn from other posters here, and their wardrobes, it is very important to develop a sense of style of ones own. and raiding someones closet, would really be akin to playing dress up. its fun and all, but then its over and you go get dressed.
while it would be cool to see all the things that some of the posters here have in their closet, it would not really be, imo, a good move, to just step into someone elses clothing. i think one would feel cool, but lacking. it would not truly be a reflection of that persons style, or stylistic choices.
[/srs post]
as you were....


booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

but on a serious note:

Unless all your ties, shirts, suits, jackets, and shoes are entirely bespoke, can't this be said about any outfit? Certainly anything picked up from the B&S forum.

 

In my opinion, it isn't any one article of clothing that makes an outfit "ours"...it's how we combine the pieces. And I think stealing from Victor or Spoo, I can definitely find Claghorn.

 

And it isn't like your closet is going out the window.

post #51 of 99

What was that in-joke with the name of the guy who went around dressing as other SF members?

 

I remember because the post about it came up in a search recently, and it seems relevant to stitches point.

post #52 of 99
Fuck the clothes, I want Vox's actual closet.
post #53 of 99

Would be spoo but his stuff is a size to small for me.

Vox without a doubt. I'd just throw all the garments on the floor and roll in them.

I'd wear a Rubanacci under a Gieves and Hawkes suit in an effort to gain double points on the big timer scale.

MTO GG's to the gym -- Lobb's to do yard work, etc.

post #54 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

but on a serious note:
Unless all your ties, shirts, suits, jackets, and shoes are entirely bespoke, can't this be said about any outfit? Certainly anything picked up from the B&S forum.

In my opinion, it isn't any one article of clothing that makes an outfit "ours"...it's how we combine the pieces. And I think stealing from Victor or Spoo, I can definitely find Claghorn.

And it isn't like your closet is going out the window.

lol

im not saying that there arent pieces in other peoples wardrobe that i would like to have. but if you and i both went on an expedition to buy, say, a gunclub check SC, a solid pair of trousers, a blue shirt and a neat pattered tie, and had no budget constraints, and went to the same 10 stores, the likelihood that we would have even 1 overlapping item is almost zero.

have you noticed that the vast majority of people here buy RTW, and for the most part, from the same grouping of brands, and besides for a link that someone shares for a staple, usually solid colored item, almost no one has any of the same clothing items as anyone else here?

we all may like similar items, but when it comes to making an actual purchase, our individuality is expressed, most of the time it is unintentional i am sure. but that subconscious voice that tells us what exactly we chose to buy, is what makes up our unique style and taste. and stepping into someone elses wardrobe, deprives us of that. and i would venture to say, that if we did that, in the end, we would not be truly comfortable with what we had.

clothing is a very specific expression of individuality, and that expression is generally very meaningful to each person. to be denied that, would likely leave us unfulfilled, no matter how baller our wardrobe may be.

anyhow, this is oddly off topic for this thread, back to the shenanigans. smile.gif
post #55 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

 the likelihood that we would have even 1 overlapping item is almost zero.

I would like to point out that all four ties I tried to buy from you, you decided to keep. So I'd say it's a safe bet we'd have at least one overlapping item.

 

And I get what your saying. There is a big difference between buying a jacket off Vox and transplanting his entire wardrobe into your closet; the latter would most definitely infringe upon your sartorial individuality. But I have to wonder where you'd draw the line. I don't think you'd have any qualms buying a jacket off another SF member (right?), but what about five?

 

On a final note: STITCHY! This is the second time you've gotten all serious in response to a silly post of mine (remember my request for old pictures?). WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!?

post #56 of 99

am I the first person that wants to raid gdl's closet? I like gdl's stuff. I'd raid his closet. there, i said it.
 

post #57 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

RJMan, Manton, Chikor, CDW, Ethandesu, Luk-cha, Kolecho, and Aportney.

 

Except for Manton, of the these people (and Vox) don't post here anymore (sadly). If we're allowed to chose ex-members and departed, I'd certainly pick Vox or Ethandesu.

post #58 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

am I the first person that wants to raid gdl's closet? I like gdl's stuff. I'd raid his closet. there, i said it.
 

I am also a fan. Definite oversight on my part.

post #59 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I would like to point out that all four ties I tried to buy from you, you decided to keep. So I'd say it's a safe bet we'd have at least one overlapping item.

And I get what your saying. There is a big difference between buying a jacket off Vox and transplanting his entire wardrobe into your closet; the latter would most definitely infringe upon your sartorial individuality. But I have to wonder where you'd draw the line. I don't think you'd have any qualms buying a jacket off another SF member (right?), but what about five?

On a final note: STITCHY! This is the second time you've gotten all serious in response to a silly post of mine (remember my request for old pictures?). WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!?

notice though, if you had bought them from me, we still would not have any overlapping items. that would be me deciding that an item did not fit within the style i wanted to exude anymore, and that it did appeal to you, as a new item.

as well, you were only considering it because i had offered it. had you gone shopping looking for a tie of that design, you likely would not have chosen the same one i had. same goes for B&S purchases for the most part. one person moving on from a clothing item, another person moving into it.

but, on the whole, i think we probably agree on this one.

that will be the end of my seriousness on this matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

am I the first person that wants to raid gdl's closet? I like gdl's stuff. I'd raid his closet. there, i said it.

 

nope. gdl is dope.
post #60 of 99
lets not forget gazman, heoncewasmatt and maomao.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Whose closet would you most like to raid?