or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sagara Shoes from Indonesia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sagara Shoes from Indonesia - Page 5

post #61 of 116
Conventum, how tiu liking then after 3 days?

Can you address how they fit size wise? I know he says to go down one on the Edward last. Did you do that? And how'd that go?

So......are we 100% sure that its corrected grain and not calfskin? Can someone aware me on how bad corrected grain is?

How is it allowed that they can false advertise like that if its true? :/ guess its less regulated there
post #62 of 116
That is the price of doing business with them. Either it is acceptable or it isn't.
post #63 of 116

I just checked their website and the first thing that came to mind was: "WHO the hell name their shoes 'THE MANHOOD'???"

post #64 of 116

does 'the penis' sound better?

post #65 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

does 'the penis' sound better?

 

Yeah, no need to beat around the bush nod[1].gif

 

Speaking about the brand, I'll probably swing by the store in Jakarta to check on some manhoods. I've heard that a couple of new local brands just started popping up recently, all with the same story: good construction, bad leather. I'm afraid there's no regulating what can be called Calfskin (I mean, it's the skin of a calf, so technically, it's calfskin).

post #66 of 116
Has anyone got any experience with their rough out leather?
post #67 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumaca View Post

 

...I'll probably swing by the store in Jakarta to check on some manhoods...

 

Priceless.

 

They'll probably be too shiny, will have nasty creases after a few uses and will look dull after a year or two. As for the CG shoes, it's anyone's guess.

post #68 of 116
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

Conventum, how tiu liking then after 3 days?
Can you address how they fit size wise? I know he says to go down one on the Edward last. Did you do that? And how'd that go?
So......are we 100% sure that its corrected grain and not calfskin? Can someone aware me on how bad corrected grain is?
How is it allowed that they can false advertise like that if its true? :/ guess its less regulated there

I like the boots. The LWB are rubbing on the side of my feet. Right underneath the ball shaped bone on my leg that connects to my feet. I like to wear oxfords and loafers without socks, but now I need to consider on wearing socks until they break in.

 

The fit for the shoes are pretty much what is advertised on their site. If you talk to them, they'll help you with sizing questions, but they're just going to tell you what's on their site. The only fitting issue was that both pair's left shoe was a bit tight on the instep, but after walking around in them, I didn't notice any discomfort.

 

In my review I already stated that the shoes are CG. Just because they are CG, doesn't mean they're not calf skin. There are plenty of discussions and info on CG on the web, just do a google search and you'll find a lot of info on the subject.

 

They didn't falsely advertise. The leather is CG calf skin. They don't have to call it corrected grain. If you ask shoe companies about their leathers, they'll tell you which of their shoes are CG or not.

 

As I have said before, if you want the best leather available from them, get any shoe made from pull up leather. I think the rough leather they have will feel cheap.

 

When I have some spare time, I'll try to post a close up shot of the creasing on the shoes.

post #69 of 116
Are there any better alternatives that look like the imperial III/legacy III? But in better quality leather and still <$200?
post #70 of 116

You'll pretty much get charged more if you're buying in dollar, not to mention shipping.

post #71 of 116
That doesn't make sense at all....if that were the case then just convert your money then pay. The thing I'd that they're charging an extra ~$40 on top before shipping (and the 5%)

I'm fine with $135+50 shipping but with that extra $40 I just feel cheated, even more so now that we know its CG
post #72 of 116
Thread Starter 

I don't know if you understood my last reply. If you don't want CG, get the pull-up leather. Pull-up leather is really nice. Leathers such as English bridle or Chromexcel have pull-up and they aren't CG. If you get scratches or blemishes in pull-up leather, you can use a shoe brush and polish to make the leather look new again.

 

In the beginning of this video, you can see the Dunhill craftsman brush the leather and you can see a difference in the color. I can't say how good Sagara's pull-up is, but I don't think it can be that bad. My failure was hoping that the calf skin wasn't CG and CG didn't occur to me until after I made a purchase. Otherwise I would've ordered the Imperial and Capital in Pull-Despite my slight disinterest in the colors.

post #73 of 116
They don't have it in the imperial III/legacy III. also its not on sale, made to order would be too expensive.

What IS their MTO price?
post #74 of 116
Thread Starter 

Imperial I - Dark Brown pull-up

Legacy IV - Cigar pull-up

 

The Legacy III is clearly not corrected grain. 

post #75 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conventum View Post

I like the boots. The LWB are rubbing on the side of my feet. Right underneath the ball shaped bone on my leg that connects to my feet. I like to wear oxfords and loafers without socks, but now I need to consider on wearing socks until they break in.

The fit for the shoes are pretty much what is advertised on their site. If you talk to them, they'll help you with sizing questions, but they're just going to tell you what's on their site. The only fitting issue was that both pair's left shoe was a bit tight on the instep, but after walking around in them, I didn't notice any discomfort.

In my review I already stated that the shoes are CG. Just because they are CG, doesn't mean they're not calf skin. There are plenty of discussions and info on CG on the web, just do a google search and you'll find a lot of info on the subject.

They didn't falsely advertise. The leather is CG calf skin. They don't have to call it corrected grain. If you ask shoe companies about their leathers, they'll tell you which of their shoes are CG or not.

As I have said before, if you want the best leather available from them, get any shoe made from pull up leather. I think the rough leather they have will feel cheap.

When I have some spare time, I'll try to post a close up shot of the creasing on the shoes.

You are being too kind for an SFer. Basically apart from Churchs binder we don't do CG on SF FWIW.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sagara Shoes from Indonesia