I will make it as short and sweet as I can:
- Born in a foreign country
- Age of 3 parents moved to France
- Age of 8 we moved to the US (Lived in California then New York)
- Age of 13 we finally settled down in the deep south region of the USA (place is full of mostly retired people)
- High school had about 300 total kids, no sports, no anything, and it was very hard to get a social life going, NOTHING EVER HAPPENED (sciences school, some students were literally considering suicide because of how bad it was)
- High school was terrible, parents knew little of college admissions, so I ended up at a college about 6 minutes from my house
- The university is a commuter school, no sense of campus life, not that easy to find people my age group, this is my 5th semester here BUT I AM TRANSFERRING next semester to a college with over 30,000 students, division 1a and ranked as a party school
- Have heard that college transfers have an EXTREMELY difficult time adjusting and getting much of a social life going since people usually make friends their first two years of college, last two years, nothing really goes on
To sum it all up. I have had a very bad time at the college I am at right now, it is hard to get any bit of a social life going here. Most students my age end up transferring or leaving, it is tough because I live at home but I do move out on my own soon. I am really stressed out because I read a thread saying that after college, social life becomes very tough to have because you don't get to be around people your own age group. I get super depressed just thinking about how unfair I have had it in terms of getting a chance for a social life. Sometimes I feel like just giving up on life because I believe I might never get the chance to party hard, get drunk, get wasted, sleep with a random girl......
I mean that is something I have made my priority now even though my grades are good, like even if I have to lose my future for this type of stuff I am willing to do it because I feel extremely deprived....
I know little of life here in America since I went to a ghetto high school with nothing going on at all, live in a flat dumb boring town, and I really want to live it up and enjoy my social life because I never had that opportunity ever in my life....
How can I best stop myself from worrying so much?