or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!** - Page 177

post #2641 of 2848
he seems like really nice and humble person
post #2642 of 2848
ZZ1B815F9D.jpg
ZZ35BF6AEE.jpg
ZZ08F2EDA0.jpg
ZZ08F2EDA0.jpg
ZZ0424C5AC.jpg
LL
0fd383e6_7jpg-6531b4_765w.jpeg
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #2643 of 2848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

Bad art. They look old bloated alcoholics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Cyclops looks lame as fuck.


You both are dead to me. John Cassaday is one of the single greatest comic artists working in the industry today. Few artists are capable of producing the iconic imagery he has over the years.

Here's some examples of his work. Might contain some minor spoilers in the eye candy if you haven't read these series:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Astonishing X-Men:













Star Wars:












Planetary:














post #2644 of 2848
Thread Starter 
I spot the love child of a Wookie and Ewok. biggrin.gif


post #2645 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

games went mainstream good observation, i think a good indication of that is how easy they are now, If someone remembers playing BG1, Gothic, Aliens vs Predator or micromanagment headaches of C&C1 he knows what im talking about wink.gif

How can we forget BG1? I think about it every time you post.
post #2646 of 2848
I think the Star Wars franchise has entered the world of Marvel movies for me. Meaning, I will try to watch the new releases in the theater if I get around to it, but I won't care too much if I don't. And if I miss it at the theater, I'll watch it at home when I get to it. Or not - I don't think I've seen Iron Man III; I know I haven't seen Ant Man; not sure what else I've missed from the Marvel franchise. I will try to see SW EpVIII when its released, especially if they do something cool with Luke. But I doubt I will care that much if I have to wait. I certainly have no interest in Rogue One unless it is actually a very good film on its own.
Seeing Ep.VII in the theater was fun, but that was probably the last gasp.
post #2647 of 2848
I'm sort of same boat as you dopey, looking forward to ep8, but other content so far looks generic to me and i;m not hyped at least for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post

How can we forget BG1? I think about it every time you post.

rotflmao.gif that's a good point
post #2648 of 2848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I think the Star Wars franchise has entered the world of Marvel movies for me. Meaning, I will try to watch the new releases in the theater if I get around to it, but I won't care too much if I don't. And if I miss it at the theater, I'll watch it at home when I get to it. Or not - I don't think I've seen Iron Man III; I know I haven't seen Ant Man; not sure what else I've missed from the Marvel franchise. I will try to see SW EpVIII when its released, especially if they do something cool with Luke. But I doubt I will care that much if I have to wait. I certainly have no interest in Rogue One unless it is actually a very good film on its own.
Seeing Ep.VII in the theater was fun, but that was probably the last gasp.


I could see it start feeling like that at some point down the road, but I feel like it's a little unfair to claim so right now. We have had a single film so far and a trailer for the next. Compare that to how many Marvel films? The comparison even becomes weaker when you consider the fact that Disney so far only has plans to do a single Star Wars film a year. Marvel is pushing out several. Keeping the releases to a yearly schedule may go a long way towards making each release still feel special.
post #2649 of 2848

They're going to need to be really careful about how they introduce new technology, character types, etc, so it doesn't feel out of place compared to A New Hope.  By characters I mean, special stormtroopers or dead droids or whatever.

post #2650 of 2848
I just want to see one rated R gloves off low-humor Star Wars movie.
post #2651 of 2848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

They're going to need to be really careful about how they introduce new technology, character types, etc, so it doesn't feel out of place compared to A New Hope.  By characters I mean, special stormtroopers or dead droids or whatever.


Nothing they have shown so far seems too out of place. We have a new type of droid and what looks like a small group of specialized black storm troopers. Overall it looks like a lot of care is being taken to keep the look and feel of the time frame the movie is supposed to take place in. The Empire was supposed to be huge so i'm ok with seeing a few things that we never saw before.

I do know one rumor from a while back:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That they have re-created Vader's costume from ANH down to the very last detail. So when he makes an appearance int he film it will match what we saw in A New Hope, slight reddish tint to eyes and all.
post #2652 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

I spot the love child of a Wookie and Ewok. biggrin.gif


It's nice to see Tommy Chong getting some work.
post #2653 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post

I just want to see one rated R gloves off low-humor Star Wars movie.

Darth Deadpool?




Are you talking more Harold & Kumar low-humor, which would have the extra benefit of advancing the conspiracy to promote the Big Lie that Azns can survive in space as well as normal people?
post #2654 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

I could see it start feeling like that at some point down the road, but I feel like it's a little unfair to claim so right now. We have had a single film so far and a trailer for the next. Compare that to how many Marvel films? The comparison even becomes weaker when you consider the fact that Disney so far only has plans to do a single Star Wars film a year. Marvel is pushing out several. Keeping the releases to a yearly schedule may go a long way towards making each release still feel special.
The volume is part of it, but it is more that the franchise so far hasn't grabbed me. Of the three main still-alive carriers, none of them are really that compelling. Daisy is the best, but I am not a twelve year old girl so less enthused about the ongoing adventures of daisy than some of you might be. Finn is bumbling and Kylo is more slappable than scary. That doesn't mean I hate it. Just that I don't care all that much. It is much different than the first movie where pretty much all the characters Han, Luke, Darth Vader, Obi Wan, Leia, etc. were compelling in one way or another from the start. Even the droids were interesting. This one . . . I do want to know Daisy's and Snoke's back story and see what Luke does, but it might be enough to read about it and then watch on the small screen.
post #2655 of 2848
I've had these toys since I was a kid and the earliest ones date back to 1978. I've been carrying them around and was pressured by my ex wife to sell them, which there's no way I would. Now that I have a son I finally put some of them out. This is about one-third of my collection.










New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**