or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!** - Page 101

post #1501 of 2848
JJ blew his load in this one. Now that the Death Star 3000 is blown up and Rey owns Kylo Ren with minimal training,,,what's EPisode 8 going to have?? I guess the next movie will include a Death Star 40000 and a clone Vader teaming up with his grandson??

In all seriousness, I quite liked it. It was a bit jarring seeing the Star Wars universe all scuffed-up and lived in again... a huge departure from the 99% green screen we see in the prequels.

Finally, they should have Lena Dunham cameo as Jabba the Hutt's little sister.
post #1502 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

But Finn was a janitor

he started as a janitor but he ended up being a storm-trooper apparently
post #1503 of 2848

I want more

post #1504 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

Dateable? 

Yes for sure. there would be a second date even if there were red flags and she turned out to be crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

he started as a janitor but he ended up being a storm-trooper apparently

Ah. I thought he was a storm trooper who worked in sanitation and therefore not a combat dude. But I thought they were all super soldiers so I was wondering why he would be a janitor
post #1505 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

But Finn was a janitor

 

And that explains why he was so awesome...

 

post #1506 of 2848
The
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Yes for sure. there would be a second date even if there were red flags and she turned out to be crazy
Ah. I thought he was a storm trooper who worked in sanitation and therefore not a combat dude. But I thought they were all super soldiers so I was wondering why he would be a janitor

The "super soldier" i.e. complete idiots from the OT were all clones bred specifically to be troopers. The new ones are just kids plucked from their parents and raised to be soldiers, and they end up being better fighters than the genetic beasts.
post #1507 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post


The "super soldier" i.e. complete idiots from the OT were all clones bred specifically to be troopers. The new ones are just kids plucked from their parents and raised to be soldiers, and they end up being better fighters than the genetic beasts.


We don't know how OT stormtroopers were trained and recruited, we only know about prequels
post #1508 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

We don't know how OT stormtroopers were trained and recruited, we only know about prequels

They're the same ones, I think. The Fett strain.

Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't fuck with all the books and whatnot.
post #1509 of 2848
Thread Starter 
Actually that is incorrect. By the time of the OT the vast majority of clones had been replaced by normal people. It's been explained that the aging process used to bring the clones to adulthood so they would be useful also caused them to keep aging and die off. The OT Stormtroppers we saw were not clones. This is all canon and touched on in the rebels TV show and other media.
post #1510 of 2848
Oh well. I guess I'll go back to FAPPING to Rey.

Merry Christmas
post #1511 of 2848
biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Actually that is incorrect. By the time of the OT the vast majority of clones had been replaced by normal people. It's been explained that the aging process used to bring the clones to adulthood so they would be useful also caused them to keep aging and die off. The OT Stormtroppers we saw were not clones. This is all canon and touched on in the rebels TV show and other media.

this is what OT hints at as storm-troopers have distinct voices but it's never brought up in the movies, I don't treat other sources besides statements from Lucas as canon but that's just me
post #1512 of 2848
Thread Starter 
Rebels is canon. Disney is producing it and they own the franchise. Having said that, I understand what you mean. It's hard for me to fully accept anything other then what we see in the films as "real." I always get the feeling a future movie might retcon away an official canon cartoon, book or comic. It's best to just enjoy the extended media as such.
post #1513 of 2848
Which books and cartoons are considered official cannon now?
post #1514 of 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Rebels is canon. Disney is producing it and they own the franchise. Having said that, I understand what you mean. It's hard for me to fully accept anything other then what we see in the films as "real." I always get the feeling a future movie might retcon away an official canon cartoon, book or comic. It's best to just enjoy the extended media as such.

well going by this logic so is Darth Maul being alive during Clone Wars in Spider Tank mode biggrin.gif, both Clone Wars and Rebels bring in new characters or bring old ones from dead but I am not sure they are meant to be treated as 'cannon' any more than EU books. But I guess it boils down to how you define 'canon'.
Edited by wojt - 12/25/15 at 8:28am
post #1515 of 2848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

well going by this logic so is Darth Maul being alive during Clone Wars in Spider Tank mode biggrin.gif, both Clone Wars and Rebels bring in new characters or bring old ones from dead but I am not sure they are meant to be treated as 'cannon' any more than EU books.

Actually yes. Clone Wars is canon. So Darth Maul survived being cut in half as stupid as that was. Disney owns Lucasfilm and they own the franchise and has said that they decided to count Clone Wars. What they decide is canon counts. It has nothing to do with my own logic as I have no part in making these decisions, unfortunately. wink.gif

It's actually not that complicated. When Disney bought the franchise they made a decision to toss out all the old EU books and comics. They are considered "Legends" now and not official canon. They also stated that moving forward they have the option to mine the old stories for ideas. So while the Thrawn trilogy is no longer canon there is no reason they couldn't do a movie with the character of Thrawn in it telling a brand new story. Any of the old EU lore is up for grabs, but those old stories don't count any longer.

Clone Wars, Rebels and any of the new books/comics put out since the acquisition are canon. The one book I believe there is confusion on is the one about Darth Plagious. I've yet to read a definitive statement on it and no one online seems to be sure.
Edited by Jr Mouse - 12/25/15 at 8:43am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!**