or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII Scheduled For 2015 Release!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII Scheduled For 2015 Release! - Page 20

post #286 of 347
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

You want me to have faith in Disney? Name five Disney movies that are satisfying to adults. The Weinstein films don't count cause they intentionally distance the company from them.

You realize Disney also owns Marvel right?
post #287 of 347
Tron
Toy Story
Wreck-It Ralph
The Incredibles
The Avengers
post #288 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

The Incredibles

Incredibles was fantastic. Good call.
post #289 of 347
So the news today is saying that there will be 3 younger leads, with some "very familiar faces" and it's set 30 years before The Empire Strikes Back.

If it's 30 years before tESB, then how many years is that before A New Hope? Also, if it's in the past like that, I assume we will not see the old actors? But the news articles also bring up the rumors about Hamill, Ford, and Fisher reprising their old roles.

A former coworker had Mark Hamill visit his college once. He said one Star Wars fan started crying when he walked in the room. Hamill was a good sport about answering a bunch of Star Wars questions, and also taking the requests that he would always be expected to asked like "Can you do the Joker laugh??" He seems like a cool dude if you ask me.
post #290 of 347
It's actually set 30 years after 'Return of the Jedi'
post #291 of 347
will that be in earth years or tatooine years?
post #292 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

will that be in earth years or tatooine years?

How are Tatooine years charted? Two suns - rotation around 1? both? That'd be some messed up shiz.
post #293 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

Tron
Toy Story
Wreck-It Ralph
The Incredibles
The Avengers

All movies for children, thanks for proving my point.
post #294 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

All movies for children, thanks for proving my point.

It is DISNEY.
post #295 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

It is DISNEY.

 

It's like advocating for crap by saying afterall it's CRAP. Yea we know, that's why we are keeping our expectations in line.

post #296 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

All movies for children, thanks for proving my point.

and all those great reviews of all those movies were written by children, right? let's just completely disregard all the adults w/o children who went and saw those movies and enjoyed them and forget about the fact that the og star wars were kids movies to begin with.
post #297 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR JEW View Post


and all those great reviews of all those movies were written by children, right? let's just completely disregard all the adults w/o children who went and saw those movies and enjoyed them and forget about the fact that the og star wars were kids movies to begin with.

 

VI episode was catered to kids(Ewoks), and that's why it was WORST part of OT

what makes you say that for example ESB(V) was kid movie :sarcasm:?

 

 

the point still stands

post #298 of 347
You people sure love to complain.
post #299 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

You people sure love to complain.

These are the same people who've watched every episode of The Walking Dead for the past four years yet still whine about it on a weekly basis. What do you expect?
post #300 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post

Tron
Toy Story
Wreck-It Ralph
The Incredibles
The Avengers


Toy Story and The Incredibles were Pixar movies, done before Disney completely took over Pixar.  Therefore, they don't count.  You want to list Pixar movies that began production after the merger, then you're limited to Cars 2 (absolute shit), Brave (slightly better shit) and Monsters University (inoffensive enough to call crap, rather than shit).

 

And Tron?  Really?  Watch that today and tell me with a straight face that it's a good movie.  Go on, I'll wait.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII Scheduled For 2015 Release!