RARE: 38S RLPL tweed suit (may also fit 38R or a 37R/S)
Will Ship To: Anywhere
SOLD; THANK YOU STYLEFORUM!
Ralph Lauren Purple Label Tweed Suit
Unique & Elegant Styling
38S (may also fit 38R or 37R/S)
£399 with FREE insured/tracked shipping within the UK
(scroll down below the photo for detailed measurements & other information)
This RLPL suit is a wonderfully soft tweed in a very dark green with an overlying check. As you can see from the photos, this rich variegation of colour means it can appear almost charcoal dark grey under an overcast winter sky but on a bright autumn's day, its country colours come to the fore. I've tried to take photos under a range of lighting conditions so you can be assured of beauty of the fabric. I'm on a calibrated monitor and would say that the most colour-accurate photo is the large one illustrating this thread.
This suit is from my own wardrobe and was made by Saint Andrews in Italy from a wool/angora blend to ensure its luxurious combination of warmth, softness & durability. It is in great condition, with no rips, holes, stains, marks, etc. I am selling it because it doesn't fit me as well as it used to and I want to raise some money to partially subsidise a new bespoke order in an attempt to fill the resultant void in wardrobe.
If you're looking for a relaxed & casual suit for use in a less formal workplace, or instead of an odd jacket outfit in any setting, this one is perfect for you. It has some fantastic country/casual details that complement that material perfectly.
Please look through all the photos, read the style details and check the measurements below for more information. Do get in touch with any questions, and to purchase. Paypal payment only please.
- Ralph Lauren suit
- Very dark green 75% wool, 25% angora tweed
- Made in Italy by Saint Andrews
- Tagged 38S, but has been tailored (see measurements below)
- Wonderful detailing throughout (see photos)
- 3 buttons, rolling to the second button
- Notch lapels
- Lapel tab/latch, with button under opposite lapel (can be removed if you prefer, as it's just sewn directly onto the back of the lapel; 5 mins work with a seam-ripper or by yourtailor)
- 3 flap pockets, plus flapped outer ticket pocket
- 4 sleeve buttons (non-functional, so further alteration is easy)
- Flat fronts
- Zip fly
- Braces buttons
- Tagged 38S, but has been tailored post-purchase
- I suggest it nows fits as a slim 38S, or possibly a 37S, but check the measurements below to be certain of a great fit.
- shoulder-seam to shoulder-seam: 17.75"
- chest circumference: 41"
- waist circumference: 37"
- length from base of collar: 29.5"
- crown-cuff sleeve length: 23" (+1.5" to let down if needed)
- waist circumference: 30.5" (+1" to let out if needed)
- inside leg: 29" (can be let down if needed by approximately double the cuff height; see below for that measurement)
- leg opening at cuff: 8.75", for circumference of 17.5"
- turn-up/cuff height: 1.75"
- The suit will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery (insured & tracked) in the UK, and Royal Mail International Signed For (insured & tracked) for overseas buyers. UK postage is included in the cost, international postage is £25 extra.
Please enjoy looking through all the photos and let me know if I can answer any questions or if you have an offer to make.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Edited by Holdfast - 11/14/12 at 11:35am