or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › KMW — believe the hype
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KMW — believe the hype - Page 35

post #511 of 539
^bump

Any suggestions? I still have the tags and may sell if these won't stretch much
post #512 of 539
^ that's asking a lot in my opinion. if you really think you can drop that inch, then maybe, but it's still a lot. IME the raw do stretch up to about ~1" but not a ton more. and that was being able to get all buttons buttoned.

you might be better off w/ a 30.

FYI, i'm a true 32" waist, and wear the 31 in raw 1950s/1980s.
post #513 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

^ that's asking a lot in my opinion. if you really think you can drop that inch, then maybe, but it's still a lot. IME the raw do stretch up to about ~1" but not a ton more. and that was being able to get all buttons buttoned.
you might be better off w/ a 30.
FYI, i'm a true 32" waist, and wear the 31 in raw 1950s/1980s.

Thanks, for the price I got them at and off of your description, I think I may wait on them a while longer to see if I can shed that 1" ... then maybe wear them around the house to stretch the extra little bit needed
post #514 of 539
Well, I happened to find a new pair of raw 1980s in a 30W today, so I kop'd. These are about as tight as humanly possible on my waist while still able to button the top button

Here's the first wear pics, after about 3 hours...

30x34_KMW_1.jpg
30x34_KMW_2.jpg
30x34_KMW_3.jpg
30x34_KMW_4.jpg
30x34_KMW_5.jpg


I'm going to just sell the pair of sz 29W that I bought earlier since I found these in a 30W

pm me if interested, they're NWT, never worn
post #515 of 539
KMW is a very nice jean.

I have the 1980 and simply can't get past the gigantic back pockets!

Of course, I am a short guy, and I don't think they work b/c of that.
I have been using them as a yard work jean......... nicest in the neighborhood.
post #516 of 539
Furo, I imagine yours will stretch and conform nicely. You might try a cold soak for ~20 min, then roll them in a towel and wear them until they dry, They don't shrink, really, and wearing them while wet will stretch the waist nicely, and set the creases perfectly. The have to get wet eventually, so I find it's nice to start them off custom-fit!

Materials and fabrication on these are great. I love my 1950's (pics earlier in the thread). They have broken in and faded nicely over a 2 year period. great fades, and super comfy. The big pockets are a factor, but I'm tall. And also, I now appreciate how they swallow my wallet, and/or handkerchief.
post #517 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut888 View Post

KMW is a very nice jean.
I have the 1980 and simply can't get past the gigantic back pockets!
Of course, I am a short guy, and I don't think they work b/c of that.
I have been using them as a yard work jean......... nicest in the neighborhood.

I'm not tall either and that was my first and only reservation when checking these out in the store - the fact that the pockets may make me seem even shorter...

Willing to take a shot though, since I scooped them up at such a great price
post #518 of 539
I've had a few pair, and they all ended up stretching so much in the waist that they became unwearable..

I wear triple works now, about a year old, and less than half an inch of stretch!
post #519 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

I've had a few pair, and they all ended up stretching so much in the waist that they became unwearable..
I wear triple works now, about a year old, and less than half an inch of stretch!

Interesting. Any ideas on what would cause them to stretch so much?

edit:

Just noticed that the triple works you mentioned all come from the factory pre washed...

So did you size down appropriately when choosing your KMWs?
post #520 of 539
yeah i sized down 2.
post #521 of 539
edited
Edited by larryr - 4/15/12 at 6:05am
post #522 of 539
Question: how much will a pair of KMW 1980 raw shrink (length) with a cold soak?
post #523 of 539
no idea... but the hemming on your kmw's make them look much better, for whatever reason.
post #524 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post

no idea... but the hemming on your kmw's make them look much better, for whatever reason.

Thanks, I plan on taking all my jeans back to this tailor - he does a chain stitch hem which is what I haven't been able to find anywhere yet
post #525 of 539
525

Pair of Raw KMW Rockers I bought from Jay a while back in 2010 when he had that big sale (thanks again!). Love these jeans, these have been worn for maybe a year and a half? Not sure, but I didn't really start wearing them a lot till early 2011.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › KMW — believe the hype