or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › KMW — believe the hype
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KMW — believe the hype - Page 9

post #121 of 539
Mr, those are a size or two too big.
post #122 of 539
How does "one-wash" differ from raw jeans? Everywhere I look that sell KMW (Context, farinelli, etc) have the jeans in raw, but I never saw one-wash.
post #123 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeza View Post
Mr, those are a size or two too big.

dammit. I guess its going up for sale or trade unless someone tells me otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchiere View Post
How does "one-wash" differ from raw jeans? Everywhere I look that sell KMW (Context, farinelli, etc) have the jeans in raw, but I never saw one-wash.

one wash basically jeans that have been washed in water once, which removes excess indigo and starch but they look and fade pretty much like raws. but i haven't heard of kmw one wash either...
post #124 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtophat View Post
one wash basically jeans that have been washed in water once, which removes excess indigo and starch but they look and fade pretty much like raws. but i haven't heard of kmw one wash either...

More importantly, one wash will not shrink dramatically like raw denim will.
post #125 of 539
Revolve Clothing sells KMW in 'Rinse', which is a one-wash
post #126 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
More importantly, one wash will not shrink dramatically like raw denim will.

That's more sanforized vs. unsanforized. "Raw" KMW doesn't shrink much IME.


mrtophat, the 1980s look fine. With a pretty built torso, pants slimmer than those would be you look out of proportion.
post #127 of 539
cristeza, whacked - thanks for your input. I do feel like they are a little loose, and I am in the process of losing some weight, so I think I'm going to hold off wearing them. If anyone wants to trade a 39 for my 30, let me know
post #128 of 539
Question, I got the 2010 Staright Raw recently. How much will these shrink in length and waist after first wash?
post #129 of 539
you have 1% to 5% of total lenght in shrinakge as a rule of thumb.
post #130 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
you have 1% to 5% of total lenght in shrinakge as a rule of thumb.

Thanks Mauro. I ask becuase I got them tailored a bit, and I made sure they went longer than normal, but I guess it's safe to assume they'll shrink at leaset 1"-1.5". I'll call them and make sure they keep them long.
post #131 of 539
rockers aren't showing up as on sale in my shopping cart on atsui? also, if i wear 30 in new standards, what size should i get in rockers?
post #132 of 539
32 in the rockers. If jay doesn't have them I might.


Spencer- you were correct in thinking to give some extra lenght in case of shrinkage.
Don't assume on shrinkage.
How do you wash your jeans??
post #133 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by avery View Post
rockers aren't showing up as on sale in my shopping cart on atsui?
also, if i wear 30 in new standards, what size should i get in rockers?

I have not discounted them on our online....to order, pm me. Best, Jay
post #134 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
32 in the rockers. If jay doesn't have them I might.


Spencer- you were correct in thinking to give some extra lenght in case of shrinkage.
Don't assume on shrinkage.
How do you wash your jeans??

Just run them in the wash on cold and hang dry them. I never machine dry my jeans, always hang them over the shower door.
post #135 of 539
you are good to go!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › KMW — believe the hype