- topicWeddingtagged by SYSTEM, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be... Last post on 12/4/12 at 5:02pm in Classic Menswear
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Attire Last post on 10/4/12 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Help! I need a suit for a wedding!Last edited: 7/12/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and why you should try to...Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Walking my daughter down the aisle in a casual, rustic wedding.post #1 of 1110/28/12 at 2:24pmThread StarterMy daughter's wedding is in December, outside. They are going for a casual, rustic style. She will be wearing an elegant knee length white dress with cowboy boots. Her attendants will be in fig/maroon. Her groom and the groomsmen will be wearing boots, jeans with brown corduroy jackets with maroon ties.Honestly, I'm not at all thrilled with by the corduroy jackets with ties, but at least my daughter will look beautiful. My daughter would like me to stay within the theme. That's no problem, as jeans and a suit jacket or sport coat is pretty much my daily wardrobe. And I'm certainly no stranger to cowboy boots. But I would normally never wear a tie with jeans, and corduroy is out of the question.What can I do to keep within the theme, but still look good for my daughter? I'm thinking nice jearns, starched white shirt and either a black or dark blue suit jacket with black boots. But would it be ok to not wear a tie given all the groomsmen and groom will be in ties? And can I wear a black suit jacket, or given the theme and it being outside, should I go with a more textured jacket. If I go with a tie, what style of tie would work?Appreciate any thoughts.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 1110/28/12 at 2:48pmpost #3 of 1110/28/12 at 4:25pmGiven that its your daughter's big day, I would make an effort to wear something consistent with the theme. Regardless of the type of coat chosen, I would certainly wear a tie.
I've had to wear my share of egregious paisley waistcoats and purple cummerbunds of the couple's choosing, but one must defer to their wishes for the occasion.post #4 of 1110/28/12 at 4:29pmpost #5 of 1110/28/12 at 4:37pmpost #6 of 1110/28/12 at 4:50pmHow about a nice earth-toned tweed jacket? A lot of fellows like the tweed jacket and jeans look, and it would certainly look less anomalous than a suit coat with jeans.
I note this is the second thread to come up recently involving an outdoor wedding in December, which makes me suspicious of trollery, unless you are posting from someplace like Australia.post #7 of 1110/28/12 at 5:06pmpost #8 of 1110/28/12 at 5:11pmpost #9 of 1110/29/12 at 1:56ampost #10 of 1110/29/12 at 5:41amHmm not sure about the jeans theme, I'm from the country and even in Australia we would never wear jeans to a casual wedding. If you had to go casual you would wear moleskins in their place (RM Williams of course), but of course each country is different.
If you're going the country theme, may as well stick to it right through. The white shirt or black jacket idea are very clashing levels of formality with the jeans.
Something like the following would be what I'd wear in your situation-
A blue or finely checked shirt
5 pocket moleskins or jeans if you must
A pair of brown derby brogues (longwing or shortwing wont matter).
- Walking my daughter down the aisle in a casual, rustic wedding.
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1260 Active Users (213 Members and 1047 Guests)
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › FS: As new Carmina Blue Suede Bucks 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › 9.5D Allen Edmonds Shell Cordovan, 9.5EEETassel Loafers, 9.5 Alfred... 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...