- topicWeddingtagged by SYSTEM, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 9:16am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding planning update: Please help me convince my fiancee that my groomsmen do not have to be... Last post on 12/4/12 at 5:02pm in Classic Menswear
- what tie to wear with a light grey suit? Last post on 10/8/12 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Attire Last post on 10/4/12 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the Groomsmen?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Walking my daughter down the aisle in a casual, rustic wedding.post #1 of 1110/28/12 at 2:24pmThread StarterMy daughter's wedding is in December, outside. They are going for a casual, rustic style. She will be wearing an elegant knee length white dress with cowboy boots. Her attendants will be in fig/maroon. Her groom and the groomsmen will be wearing boots, jeans with brown corduroy jackets with maroon ties.Honestly, I'm not at all thrilled with by the corduroy jackets with ties, but at least my daughter will look beautiful. My daughter would like me to stay within the theme. That's no problem, as jeans and a suit jacket or sport coat is pretty much my daily wardrobe. And I'm certainly no stranger to cowboy boots. But I would normally never wear a tie with jeans, and corduroy is out of the question.What can I do to keep within the theme, but still look good for my daughter? I'm thinking nice jearns, starched white shirt and either a black or dark blue suit jacket with black boots. But would it be ok to not wear a tie given all the groomsmen and groom will be in ties? And can I wear a black suit jacket, or given the theme and it being outside, should I go with a more textured jacket. If I go with a tie, what style of tie would work?Appreciate any thoughts.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 1110/28/12 at 2:48pmpost #3 of 1110/28/12 at 4:25pmGiven that its your daughter's big day, I would make an effort to wear something consistent with the theme. Regardless of the type of coat chosen, I would certainly wear a tie.
I've had to wear my share of egregious paisley waistcoats and purple cummerbunds of the couple's choosing, but one must defer to their wishes for the occasion.post #4 of 1110/28/12 at 4:29pmpost #5 of 1110/28/12 at 4:37pmpost #6 of 1110/28/12 at 4:50pmHow about a nice earth-toned tweed jacket? A lot of fellows like the tweed jacket and jeans look, and it would certainly look less anomalous than a suit coat with jeans.
I note this is the second thread to come up recently involving an outdoor wedding in December, which makes me suspicious of trollery, unless you are posting from someplace like Australia.post #7 of 1110/28/12 at 5:06pmpost #8 of 1110/28/12 at 5:11pmpost #9 of 1110/29/12 at 1:56ampost #10 of 1110/29/12 at 5:41amHmm not sure about the jeans theme, I'm from the country and even in Australia we would never wear jeans to a casual wedding. If you had to go casual you would wear moleskins in their place (RM Williams of course), but of course each country is different.
If you're going the country theme, may as well stick to it right through. The white shirt or black jacket idea are very clashing levels of formality with the jeans.
Something like the following would be what I'd wear in your situation-
A blue or finely checked shirt
5 pocket moleskins or jeans if you must
A pair of brown derby brogues (longwing or shortwing wont matter).
- Walking my daughter down the aisle in a casual, rustic wedding.
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Currently, there are 1202 Active Users (248 Members and 954 Guests)
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 27 seconds ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 21 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?