Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are these suits worth $500? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Last Drop! SF APPROVED Zegna SC - Patch Pocket Soft Unstructured Green Plaid - 46 R Last post on 12/4/11 at 6:09pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- DROP$ 5/16:Stewart $210, Brioni $285, Zegna, 1 Cash, Valentino Trench 52/42 Last post on 5/16/11 at 12:21pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Zegna - Steal of the Year? Last post on 3/29/11 at 4:34am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Looking for Navy Overcoat
I ran into exactly the same problem over the past couple of years.
You'd think it would be everywhere. And actually, it is. But getting exactly the right one, in terms of material, style/length, cut and cost was a much, much harder task.
I found eventually found a classically-styled but trimly-fitting one at Zegna, in one of their diffusion lines (I think Z Zegna). Mine is cashmere, but they also do a wool (or blend?) version, which would be harder wearing (and cheaper), but the cashmere one was slightly nicer in terms of the cut/fit. Overpaid a bit, but at least I have it now.
My advice is simply to try on every one you find in all the major retailers until you find one that's just right for you.
navy double breasted overcoat that is sized to wear over a suit with a similar price
range. I was counting on Howard Yount's line, but it looks
like Jamison's overseas supplier is problematic and they may not come after all. So now I'm back at square one.
One option I have that may work for you is O'Connell's. I'm considering their navy DB (http://shop.oconnellsclothing.com/popup.php?cPath=http://shop.oconnellsclothing.com/images/products/1251152809.jpg) which is right at $1000. I hear good things about their quality but I will admit I am concerned it will be rather old-mannish compared to the stylish but not obnxious middle ground that HY occupies. The HY one was even going to have a twill texture which I was excited about. I live in Columbus OH which has limited options for retail try-on... If anyone has suggestions my ears are open!
Comes in full or 3/4 length (and yes, in navy). I always recommend these and with good reason. First, you can get them during the post-christmas sale for 30%+15% off or 40%+15% off, meaning they will be at most ~$590 and $535 respectively. Second, they are excellently made and the Loro Piana Storm System wool is (in my opinion) the best material for overcoats. It is warm and holds up against the elements extremely well.
It's beyond my price range but I like it. I didn't see these in any size on Brooks' site. How recently did you purchase?
You said that you are willing to spend up to $1,000. How is $665 beyond your price range?
I just picked it up yesterday--placed the order about a week ago. It is in the Black Fleece sale section of the BB website.
Saw $1900 and $665, so wasn't sure. Thanks.
You need to learn how to navigate BB website. Black Fleece has their own section.
The coat is still showing but I don't know if you can find one in stock.
Agh- I didn't think of that! They are all out of my size (38s)...
Maybe in store though. I will be in Chicago in about two weeks so I'll try and drop by their store then.
That may do me well until I can have one made up by Chan, maybe next year.
- Looking for Navy Overcoat
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - ACTION SHOTS (DO SOMETHING) - 7/7/14 - 7/20/14 40 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 54 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)