Thanks all. Can anyone speak to the quality of the shoes from Suit Supply? There's not much detail in the item description online.
Related Forum Threads
- BNIB! Loake Pimlico Dark brown suede chukka boot capital last size 5UK 6US! Last post on 2/22/17 at 3:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Monk Straps - Page 2post #16 of 3110/28/12 at 4:29amThread Starterpost #17 of 3110/28/12 at 7:20ampost #18 of 3110/28/12 at 10:08ampost #19 of 3111/27/12 at 9:04pmpost #20 of 3111/27/12 at 9:59pmpost #21 of 3111/27/12 at 10:15pmTestoni for $312 ($695 retail)
Mezlan on sale @$178
Edited by mr monty - 11/27/12 at 11:13pmpost #22 of 319/1/14 at 2:22pmpost #23 of 3110/29/14 at 7:15am
Adding some of my Toronto specific experience in case anyone happens on this thread via search.
Basically, Toronto is a wasteland for men's shoes. Seems like quality shoes are not a priority for the men of Toronto. Most guys in my circles (this is all the way up to board members at the big five and partners at the big four) either buy the cheap, rubber soled wares of Aldo/Browns/Town Shoes, or, if splurging, are happy to spend north of $500 for the typical Prada, Gucci, Ferragamo crap.
Holt, Harry and David's have done nothing to educate the men of Toronto on this. Instead they sell cheap shoes with brand names and crap construction ... likely for the high margins. This is a generalization, but mostly true.
So where to buy quality shoes in Toronto?
- Loding has two stores in TO (one on Avenue, one in the Path at First Canadian Place)
- Sydney's and Gravity Pope on Queen sell Grenson (decent for price, especially on sale)
- I don't mind the Varvatos shoes that are welted and made in italy if you can get them on sale (Gravity Pope, Holt)
- Alden and Allen Edmonds can be found most places (Rego, Harry, etc)
Mid Range ($500 - $1000)
- Leatherfoot sells Carmina
- Garrison bespoke also sells Carmina
- Nasser Vies does bespoke for under a grand I believe
- Robert Jones in the Path (RBC) sells Edward Green, John Lobb and Santoni's Goodyear line
- Leatherfoot in Yorkville carries Saint Crispin's, John Lobb, Gaziano & Girling, and Rider Boots ... bonus is they carry a good selection of Saphir shoecare products
- I believe Via Cavour carries Scarpe Di Bianco (LOVE Di Bianco shoes but they seem harder and harder to come by)
- V Yorkville has some gorgeous shoes (I can't remember makes off hand ... I know they carry Santoni among others)
OP - probably too late for you. My advice (assuming you want to try the shoes on in person and buy local) would be to go for Loding if on a budget. But I'd encourage you to stretch your budget and aim for Carmina's. Best value in shoes, IMHO.
Hope this helps! Would love to hear from other's in the Big Smoke and their experiences finding quality shoes.post #24 of 3110/29/14 at 8:23ampost #25 of 3110/29/14 at 10:18am
A few other thoughts that came to me at lunch.
- Brooks Brothers has decent shoes if you can get behind the conservative styling (AE and Edward Green - so mid and luxe priced)
- J.Crew have an Alfred Sargent collab I believe
- Gravity Pope also carries Church's (not my cup of joe)
- If Common Projects trainers (LOVE) are of interest, they can be had at Nomad (Queen W) or Gravity Pope (GP has more selection and availability)post #26 of 3110/29/14 at 11:04ampost #27 of 3110/29/14 at 12:08pmQuote:
Agree. Any shoes I've bought locally were deeply discounted.
I have a list of what fits me RTW by makes and lasts - I update this list as often as I try shoes on in my travels. Using this info, I generally order online ... in fact, before anyone was selling Carmina locally I ordered from the Armoury sight unseen. Had to trade 2 pairs to get the size right but even then, said and done it was worth it.post #28 of 3110/29/14 at 12:16pmpost #29 of 3110/29/14 at 12:17pmpost #30 of 3110/29/14 at 4:17pm
I don't know that we can call Toronto a wasteland for shoes any more when we can now get locally:
Gaziano and Girling
Back when all you had was Prada and Ferragamo if you wanted to step up from AE - yes - wasteland - no question. And if we are talking about what business professionals are actually wearing day to day in the core of the city - yes, wasteland there too.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: NIB John Lobb Chigwell Black Museum Captoe Shoes UK8E/US9D 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...