or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help with a Valentino 100% Vicuna Jacket - Size 42
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help with a Valentino 100% Vicuna Jacket - Size 42

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I recently came across a 100% Vicuna Jacket by Valentino. I am looking at prices for Vicuna jackets online and realize this jacket is very valuable. Does anyone know how I can find a value for this?

I have attached three pictures. photo (1).JPG 708k .JPG file photo.JPG 701k .JPG file photo.JPG 701k .JPG file
post #2 of 25
There is a recent thread discussing vicuña and prices. Use the search function and you should be able to find it. I also think Spoo has a good knowledge base.
post #3 of 25
Valentino is the last brand I would associate with using 100% Vicuna. Wow.

Whats the provenance on that piece?
post #4 of 25
Thread Starter 
I can speak to its provenance. It was a lucky find for me.

The jacket is in perfect condition. Unfortunately it isn't a great fit on me so ill likely sell it. What do you think a fair price is ?
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
Typo. I can't speak to its provenance.
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbayrock View Post

I can speak to its provenance. It was a lucky find for me.
The jacket is in perfect condition. Unfortunately it isn't a great fit on me so ill likely sell it. What do you think a fair price is ?

Lucky is right.

Ive never heard of a Valentino vicuna, so nothing to base this on except professional experience - so just a guess - I would estimate $650.
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
Why would you estimate such a low value?
I just realized I forgot to include the main picture of the actual jacket!

See attached photo here.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbayrock View Post

Why would you estimate such a low value?
I just realized I forgot to include the main picture of the actual jacket!
See attached photo here.


Maybe because it's a mustard yellow used jacket?

post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus357 View Post


Maybe because it's a mustard yellow used jacket?

nod[1].gif
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbayrock View Post

Why would you estimate such a low value?

Why would you assume higher?
post #11 of 25
Thread Starter 
About why I'd estimate a higher price. The material (100% Vicuna) and the designer (Valentino) would lead me to believe it's worth more. Also, while taking measurements earlier I flipped the label over an found the price tag. I have attached the image of the price tag of $7,500.


IMG-20121126-00080.jpg 1339k .jpg file Here are the measurements I just took of the jacket.

Chest pit to pit: 22.5"
Shoulder 18.5" across
Length 30.25"
Sleeve shoulder to middle end point of cuff 23.5"
post #12 of 25
You may or may not get more than 650 for it. The proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating - so take some good photos, including the fabric tags etc, and list it. Either here starting at your own price to gauge interest or put it on ebay and let the 'market' decide. Sleeves are painfully short for me, which is a good thing I guess as I was slightly tempted for a second smile.gif Good luck with the sale.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbayrock View Post

About why I'd estimate a higher price. The material (100% Vicuna) and the designer (Valentino) would lead me to believe it's worth more. Also, while taking measurements earlier I flipped the label over an found the price tag. I have attached the image of the price tag of $7,500.
IMG-20121126-00080.jpg 1339k .jpg file Here are the measurements I just took of the jacket.
Chest pit to pit: 22.5"
Shoulder 18.5" across
Length 30.25"
Sleeve shoulder to middle end point of cuff 23.5"

I really wouldn't get your hopes up. I just sold an Anderson & Sheppard bespoke vicuna jacket, which likely cost 3x what yours did, for $721.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I really wouldn't get your hopes up. I just sold an Anderson & Sheppard bespoke vicuna jacket, which likely cost 3x what yours did, for $721.
god bless the seller. no one in their right mind would pay more than $500, max.

Spoo - link to the A&S jacket please.
post #15 of 25
Thread Starter 
I've noticed a recurring theme every time I ask for an opinion on here. I posted a pair of JM Weston's a while back and received very low opinions of value, some saying they were near worthless. A week later I posted them on eBay and got a very full price, far beyond any of the responses I got on here.

I'm hoping for a similar outcome here with this piece. We'll know in a few days. I'll report back my results.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help with a Valentino 100% Vicuna Jacket - Size 42