or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › iPad mini
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad mini - Page 3

post #31 of 80
I have not been thrilled with Apple's cloud services. It seems wonky, I've heard some horror stories and have personally had a royal pain with their mobile me, etc.

For me, Google for calendar and Contacts sync...and Dropbox for files. Evernote for note taking. Cross platform, works really well.

that being said I'll probably get an ipad mini and keyboard for note jotting, evernote, etc. just gotta get the accessories.
post #32 of 80
Stellar reviews on macrumors for mini.
post #33 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Stellar reviews on macrumors for mini.

yep. personally, I'd hold out for v2 with retina though.
post #34 of 80
Thread Starter 
Every review I have read so far been great. The weight of this device, while still maintaining reasonably large screen real estate, is a big deal.

Still, I couldn't go non-retina at this point. I love high res.
post #35 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post


Still, I couldn't go non-retina at this point. I love high res.

Same for the Retina Pro over the Air for you? I was leaning towards the Retina Pro but now I'm not sure. Another thread soon?
post #36 of 80
Thread Starter 
I feel like Laptops are different. Don't get me wrong, I would love the 13 inch Retina Pro. It's just not the same level of deal breaker for me.
post #37 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Same for the Retina Pro over the Air for you? I was leaning towards the Retina Pro but now I'm not sure. Another thread soon?

For one thing, they're closing in on the weight difference between the Retina Pro and the Air -- 3.57lbs for the 13" Retina Pro vs. 2.96lbs for the 13" MBA. I'd choose the Retina Pro over the Air.

post #38 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

For one thing, they're closing in on the weight difference between the Retina Pro and the Air -- 3.57lbs for the 13" Retina Pro vs. 2.96lbs for the 13" MBA. I'd choose the Retina Pro over the Air.

+1. The weight was really the only major selling point of the Air. Now that that has been almost negated its a no brainer. If you have the extra cash that is.
post #39 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

+1. The weight was really the only major selling point of the Air. Now that that has been almost negated its a no brainer. If you have the extra cash that is.


This is why the Air will still sell well. smile.gif
post #40 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

This is why the Air will still sell well. smile.gif

True. I'm enjoying mine as we speak.
post #41 of 80
Thread Starter 
I'll say it again that I am going to wait on the reviews of the 13 inch Retina to hit become I make a decision on its utility versus the Air. The lack of a discrete graphics card has me concerned that the overall performance may not be that much better then the Air because of the additional pixels being pushed.
post #42 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

I'll say it again that I am going to wait on the reviews of the 13 inch Retina to hit become I make a decision on its utility versus the Air. The lack of a discrete graphics card has me concerned that the overall performance may not be that much better then the Air because of the additional pixels being pushed.

Well, that and the additional $400
post #43 of 80
Thread Starter 
Mac Rumors has a nice little round up of iPad mini reviews is anyone is interested: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/30/first-ipad-mini-reviews-shockingly-nice-to-hold-non-retina-display-pricier-than-rivals/
post #44 of 80
$329 for non retina. Ugh! The screen is crap after you've used retina. V2 will be out next year with retina. It'll be a winner at $299. Wait.
post #45 of 80
I got one today for Dan to use at work. Looks pretty cool but I only saw it boot up and then had to go to the airport. Will fuck around with it later and give a little review based on my other iPad experiences.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › iPad mini