• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&G Shoe Appreciation

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
New bespoke shoes from Tony & Dean. Ordered at the same time as a pair of MTOs, which I still don't have. Shouldn't bespoke take longer? Not that I'm complaining!

Quarter brogues, in kid suede. Color: "Fox", their slightly reddish mid-brown.

dscn2574zu2.jpg

The kid suede is very soft, with a very fine nap. This is the perfect suede for a town shoe. It is only available bespoke. Tony says the factory machines would chew it up. Note also the contrast stitching. The seams were sewn with tan thread. It gives the shoes just a touch of sparkle.

dscn2575rq7.jpg

dscn2576so8.jpg

dscn2580gh2.jpg

Note the lack of a seam at the upper heel. Tony says he prefers this, and has made it something of a G&G house style.

dscn2573hi2.jpg

A true fiddle back waist, with a noticable straight ridge:

dscn2582zo6.jpg

dscn2583xd7.jpg

Note as well that the sole is 5/16 until it narrows to the waist. This was Tony's idea. He says it accentuates the waist; I have to agree. Note also the effeminate canted heel. I'm comfortable with who I am.

dscn2584zq2.jpg

Oh, and not that any serious person cares about such things, but ... these trees are far better than the old Green trees, and than the Cleverley trees. They give the Lobb Paris trees a run for the money.

In my opinion, this is a leap forward from the quality of the make from the Green days. I am tempted to say it is the best waist treatment I have ever seen. It is quite a bit different than the LP waist, more ostentatiously beautiful.

Sadly, it will rain tomorrow, so I can't wear them.
frown.gif

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are amazingly beautiful to look at...especially from the sole up. Too bad you can't wear them w/ the soles showing

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those... are... awesome...
worship.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All I can say is wow.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Hahaha. A canted heel! Sissy! Seriously I like the way they look. My Amesburys have the same design. A slight taper is still manly.

They look beautiful manton.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice Manton. I think this smiley is most appropriate.
drool.gif

Q1: I know they're bespoke but does the last most resemble the smart square?

Q2: Would brogueing at the heel counters make it a half-brogue or would you need a medallion for that?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Q1: I know they're bespoke but does the last most resemble the smart square?
Closer to the smart round.

Q2: Would broguing at the heel counters make it a half-brogue or would you need a medallion for that?
Medallion. A heel counter would make it an, uh, 3/8 brogue. Yeah. That's it.

pfr0g

Reaction score
Good lord those are beautiful. I need to start making more money so I can afford those shoes
worship.gif
I really do love a nice suede show, I just ordered some AE split toes but these are just magnificant.

I am considering getting some made for my wedding but I can see getting a plain black shoe when there are so many other options that are so nice. I also can justify $1200+ (?) if I don't psychologically hide it within my current wedding budget
musicboohoo[1].gif

What exactly is the MTO and Bespoke price points? I may just have to get a pair, I mean they do last 10 years plus if taken care of properly.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The sole shots are my fave as I'm not a fan of suede shoes. But they look amazing

cant wait for my LA meeting with them!!!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess they are ok, if you like that sort of thing?

Wicked, just plain wicked!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they already have a last for you and would that be why it was made so quickly? Did you have a fitting?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

This smilie should really be renamed the Official Style Forum Shoe Appreciation Seal of Approval.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
These are amazingly beautiful to look at...especially from the sole up. Too bad you can't wear them w/ the soles showing

Got that right -
When I went to their trunk show in Dallas and picked up their shoes , held them, and looked them over, they were truly beautiful - in the sculptural sense!

Nice choice Manton!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads