or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) - Page 2

post #16 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Anthony View Post

My Crockett & Jones Bedford as discussed above are now on the Buy & Sell. $200 plus shipping.

Just saw that... Nice looking shoes!
post #17 of 167
C & J Draycott is available in a G width.
Not sold in the US,as far as I know.

http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Draycott-Chestnut#.UJcqs46ExHg
post #18 of 167
Just found out that Carminas Rain last will fit us, fellow wide feet. lol hurray!
post #19 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

Just found out that Carminas Rain last will fit us, fellow wide feet. lol hurray!

If the Rain last fits you, your feet aren't that wide. In my experience it's about the same as a US E width at most.
post #20 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

C & J Draycott is available in a G width.
Not sold in the US,as far as I know.
http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Draycott-Chestnut#.UJcqs46ExHg

The C&J store in New York sells the Draycott in G width. I tried them on there earlier this fall. Might be worth checking if they have them in stock.
post #21 of 167
I took the drive to the nearest men's shop that carried AE shoes. I measured in at 11.5 EEE/EEEE, but I'm hoping that a 12 EEE Aberdeen fits. Does anyone have any experience with that particular AE shoe to know if the last is a good one for wide feet? The tailor seemed a bit unsure of it himself.
post #22 of 167
Thought I'd add this. I wear 4E running shoes (trainers)
I also have narrowish heels and low insteps. I cannot
wear AEs- shoes too big when width fits. Aldens- more or
less the same issue. As I've mentioned in earlier posts,
I've found that the Ludwig Reiter Amerikaner last fits.
I also understand that their uniform last would work.

http://www.ludwig-reiter.com/?nav=produkte&lang=en
post #23 of 167
Thread Starter 
Up for trade / sale:
Allen Edmonds Park Ave in burgundy calfskin, size 9EEE
Allen Edmonds Malvern in brown calfskin, size 8.5EEE


Want to buy / trade for:
Any brown shoes from C&J in size 9G.
post #24 of 167

Hi may I know, where are you able to find the Loake Kempton in a "G" Width? 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post

I've got a pair of Loake Kemptons in a darker chestnut brown leather with Danite soles in a 9.5UK/G fitting. These are from the 1880 line.
Fitwise, I am a US 10.5 - 11 (depending upon the last) EE width and these fit great - actually pretty sleek looking for a wide shoe - as I sized down a full size.
(Please see here instead of crappy cell phone shots: http://www.loake.co.uk/loake-1880/boot/kempton-leather-sole.html)
I've probably worn them somewhere between 6-8 times total. Always stored with trees, shined a few times, soles looks like they were never worn - basically as new, no creasing, scuffs, etc.
I have the same shoe in both a dark brown and a navy suede that I wear all the time, but these never seem to have made it into the rotation. Moved them in the closet the other day and thought they are just not getting the love they need.
Great fall/winter shoe for someone out there.
I'm on the hunt for some snuff suede loafers or laceups, but I'm also willing to give someone a great price if you want to buy them. Ping me if you want to see actual pics.
--
 
post #25 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

The C&J store in New York sells the Draycott in G width. I tried them on there earlier this fall. Might be worth checking if they have them in stock.

True. I tried it on as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Monium View Post

I took the drive to the nearest men's shop that carried AE shoes. I measured in at 11.5 EEE/EEEE, but I'm hoping that a 12 EEE Aberdeen fits. Does anyone have any experience with that particular AE shoe to know if the last is a good one for wide feet? The tailor seemed a bit unsure of it himself.

Almost all the AE lasts come in wides but they all fit completely differently. You're just going to have to buy a few pairs and experiment. Nordstroms is a good place to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Thought I'd add this. I wear 4E running shoes (trainers)
I also have narrowish heels and low insteps. I cannot
wear AEs- shoes too big when width fits. Aldens- more or
less the same issue. As I've mentioned in earlier posts,
I've found that the Ludwig Reiter Amerikaner last fits.
I also understand that their uniform last would work.
http://www.ludwig-reiter.com/?nav=produkte&lang=en

Even in the 5 last? I find the instep low on them and the heel is pretty narrow.
post #26 of 167
Thread Starter 
Alden Copley last shoes are fairly wide in the forefoot with a narrower heel.
post #27 of 167
Thread Starter 
Can anyone else point out if Alfred Sargent, Cheaney, other English bench makers etc make shoes with wide forefoots/high insteps, and narrowish heels?

Only company I know of is C&J, which has the 317 last (Draycott, Bedford, Pembroke, Grasmere, Canterbury). I may end up getting some more 317 last shoes from the C&J MTO program. It is currently being phased out in favor of the sleeker 341, which isn't going to do any favors to my Frankenstein feet.

I put this sketch on Teton Gravity when asking for an ideal ski boot. The wide little toe part pretty much precludes me from most sleek lasts.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #28 of 167
I have a pair of Alden Perf Cap Toes in Shell Color #8 - 9.5 EEE on the Modified Last - Willing to consider parting with them. This was a custom one-pair make-up from Alden
post #29 of 167
'Blitz-

Charles Trywhitt gets Loake to do special runs now and again. The advertised "wide widths" or "EEE" fittings are actually UK G widths that are not normally available, plus you have the eternal sales and coupons, so $200-250 is usually the target price. I've got a pile of C&Js, Aldens, and some A&Es that all fit well, but my "comfort shoe" is that 026 last Loake, followed by Alden and C&Js 325 and 337 (hand grade). I've looked at ordering the 341 which I've heard is a bit shorter/wider than the 337, but I've never been able to try one on - any feedback on this would be appreciated.

FWIW, AE's sizing is all over town. I am a a solid 10.5/11 depending upon the last, but the QC is so bad at AE in the wide widths that I have a few pairs that are 9.5/EEEs that fit perfectly. This after ordering my "right" size only to find the shoes fit more like the boxes they came in.

I also bought a professional shoe stretcher which I think is a mandatory for guys like us. it was something like $35 or so and I probably owe it money at this point.
post #30 of 167
Link to the "professional" shoe stretcher please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width)