or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Google shares drop 9% on missed numbers, 10-18-12
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google shares drop 9% on missed numbers, 10-18-12

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Google shares drop 9% on missed numbers, 10-18-12

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/18/us-google-results-idUSBRE89H14Q20121018

Seems harsh to me.

What do you think?
post #2 of 7
What seems harsh, stupid, completely screwed up is how trading was halted over a 9% drop. WTF.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

What seems harsh, stupid, completely screwed up is how trading was halted over a 9% drop. WTF.

The halt could have been automatically triggered.

Javyn, we hardly knew ya in CE!
post #4 of 7
All missed numbers have resulted in some brutal sell offs. PM missed by 1c on Forex and te stock went down 4%, Wfc missed on revenues slight and lost 4% as well. Google sucked it up so why should they be spared.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

The halt could have been automatically triggered.
Javyn, we hardly knew ya in CE!

Of my 15K posts, some 14,900 of them were made in CE. Haven't been paying attention dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

All missed numbers have resulted in some brutal sell offs. PM missed by 1c on Forex and te stock went down 4%, Wfc missed on revenues slight and lost 4% as well. Google sucked it up so why should they be spared.

Exactly, that's what I want to know. I guess some companies get a break while others don't, just like people.
post #6 of 7
MCD and GE have not been spared today. I think most of the results have been pretty decent for all of the above mention (less google). I can see why the market may feel they're overpriced however. I'm happy to see some relief so that I can buy again at decent pricing.
post #7 of 7
cmg has had it rough esp after einhorn. missing earnings hasn't helped either.

no position but It's always interesting to watch high p/e stocks biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Google shares drop 9% on missed numbers, 10-18-12