or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › favorite pizza
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

favorite pizza - Page 3

post #31 of 375
Clam/bacon pizza at Pepe's in New Haven. Nothing else comes close.
post #32 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Ha...no way. It sounds like it's next door to my friend's catering company. Now I've got an excuse to go back.

that wouldnt be Pulciano's deli would it?

used to at lunch there on weekends quite a bit
post #33 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
whodini, whereabouts in silverlake is it? (link doesn't seem to be working)
nm, been reading my way back up the thread

www.nickydspizza.com
post #34 of 375
Oh, you guys are talking about great pizza places? Well, you're all wrong. Accept that.

The BEST pizza on God's green earth is a place called Brooklyn Pizza Works in placentia, orange county, CA, on Imperial Highway. This shit is no joke, I've been eating there on a regular basis for over 10 years because it's the most addictive pizza I've ever had. In fact, most of the customers there are strictly regulars, some of them have been eating there weekly for the past 20 years. Total die hards.

But seriously, this shit's delicious. 100% new york style, their cooks are like perfectionists. It bothers them if a pepperoni is out of place. Try the Mild Maggie and the East Coast Greasy. Order them THIN AND CRISPY. Very important.

100% awesomeness. Do it. Really friendly service too. Also try the zappolis for desert.
post #35 of 375
Mine.
post #36 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
Oh, you guys are talking about great pizza places? Well, you're all wrong. Accept that.

The BEST pizza on God's green earth is a place called Brooklyn Pizza Works in placentia, orange county, CA, on Imperial Highway. This shit is no joke, I've been eating there on a regular basis for over 10 years because it's the most addictive pizza I've ever had. In fact, most of the customers there are strictly regulars, some of them have been eating there weekly for the past 20 years. Total die hards.

But seriously, this shit's delicious. 100% new york style, their cooks are like perfectionists. It bothers them if a pepperoni is out of place. Try the Mild Maggie and the East Coast Greasy. Order them THIN AND CRISPY. Very important.

100% awesomeness. Do it. Really friendly service too. Also try the zappolis for desert.


my folks live 5 min from there. I am gonna test this out and will be sending you the bill, along with Whodini's NickyD bill if it just "aint all that"
post #37 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
Mine.
Nice.
post #38 of 375
Link should have been http://www.nickydspizza.com/ . You can google directions, but it's across the street from the fire dept. on Rowena & Glendale in Silverlake.

I personally like it for being informal and cozy, making it great for a date while feeling like you're at the LA's best-kept secret. It's family friendly so bring the kids. Prices are a little higher than standard fare, but this stuff's woodfired and the ingredients are fresh. Again, my go-to pizza is the rec I gave GS. Can't miss.
post #39 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
my folks live 5 min from there. I am gonna test this out and will be sending you the bill, along with Whodini's NickyD bill if it just "aint all that"
That reminds me, if I don't like the TaT suit I get can I send you the bill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
that wouldnt be Pulciano's deli would it? used to at lunch there on weekends quite a bit
Nope. This place doesn't have an actual restaurant, just banquet space and a kitchen for their events.
post #40 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Link should have been http://www.nickydspizza.com/ . You can google directions, but it's across the street from the fire dept. on Rowena & Glendale in Silverlake.

I personally like it for being informal and cozy, making it great for a date while feeling like you're at the LA's best-kept secret. It's family friendly so bring the kids. Prices are a little higher than standard fare, but this stuff's woodfired and the ingredients are fresh. Again, my go-to pizza is the rec I gave GS. Can't miss.

post #41 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
That reminds me, if I don't like the TaT suit I get can I send you the bill?


touche....................................bitch.
post #42 of 375
All that tailorin' makin' you a bit cranky in your old age, eh? BTW, I got my hands on a burned copy of "This is England" if you want one. Who's the bitch now? I forgot my other favorite pizza was found in Vienna at one of the many pizza/falafel stands around the city (and most of Germany/Austria for that matter). Thin with ham and corn. Odd but cheap and delicious.
post #43 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
All that tailorin' makin' you a bit cranky in your old age, eh? BTW, I got my hands on a burned copy of "This is England" if you want one. Who's the bitch now?

HOLY CRAP??!!! are you serious??????? ok, what perversity do I need to go thru to get a copy of that?
post #44 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
Nice.
Heh, thanks. It is. (note the modesty). It, unfortunately, does not have the benefit of arriving at the door upon request.
post #45 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post
Thin crust pizza at Pizza Meine Liebe, topped with buffalo mozzerella, sliced tomato, whole fresh basil leaves and slices of smoky cured speck.

Pretty much the same sans the cured speck at Il Forno in Stockholm. Baked in an old wood heated oven. For pizzas as with most things in life... less is more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › favorite pizza