or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › who actually does this forum cater to?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

who actually does this forum cater to? - Page 5

post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoms View Post

My honest and recent answer...

 

I'm here because one day I replaced my $8 sunglasses in my car with some old fashioned Ray-Bans. I noticed it made me feel good to wear the sunglasses. Then I bought a nice pair of shoes, and I wore those proudly. Slowly, I started learning a little bit about how to dress and I think I've finally found what I feel home in. I've given up on Fashion as I feel I'm too old for it. So now I'm very much enjoying and feeling confident while learning to dress nicely as a man nearing his middle ages.

 

These forums provide me with insight into the various products, terms, and techniques that my parents or other relationships never taught me.

That's a great response

post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunrad View Post

Acridsheep, you made my day!

You'd think the frequency with which I hear this would dull its impact, yet I still appreciate the little people.
post #63 of 68
Thread Starter 

I feel a bit bad for posing the question about the 20/50/100/200/400 shirt question since I think it came off wrong.  I thought about it some this morning and truth be told, I was in high end mall stores (Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus) and paid close attention to their ties...I tried to do a blind test where I selected the ones I subjectively thought were the best and then after going after appearence tried to feel them for tactical quality.  Mind you, I know nothing really about silk.  I didnt know the prices or brand names originally.

 

I generally chose the more expensive ties, some around $250.  And, the $20 ties at Belk were not as nice as the $250 ties. 

For the time being, I want to absorb some information, get a basic set of servicable clothes which fit well and then later on, if I want to, get higher end stuff.  I see no reason why judiciosuly getting things on clearance can't give me a good looking wardrobe as a base to perhaps be supplemented later on with higher end stuff. 

 

I might be suffering from SF syndrome, but I kind of got excited last night after choosing what I was going to wear today to the office, and I have a conference at the beach and am starting to choose what I want to wear there. 

post #64 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnc View Post

I might be suffering from SF syndrome, but I kind of got excited last night after choosing what I was going to wear today to the office, and I have a conference at the beach and am starting to choose what I want to wear there. 

Some people have it good ... Up here, we're awaiting the first snowflakes, signalling six months of unspeakable gloom. frown.gif
post #65 of 68
I am an artist by passion, graphic designer/illustrator by profession. My eyes and touch sensitivity are more finely tuned than most, and everything that i have learned in this forum speaks to the creative person that i am.

There is great joy in running your hand through fine fabric; be it ties, suits, shirts, trousers. I am astounded at the visual transformation that something as simple as fabric, canvas and some leather on your feet can have on a person.

The detailing and craftsmanship of well made shoes is a sight to behold for me, as i can truly appreciate how much skill and work went into such a piece.

Bespoke clothing is synonymous to commissioning an artist to make a painting of your personal choosing, and i plan on contributing to that fine tradition.

So even for an artist, StyleForvm caters to someone like myself as well...
post #66 of 68
the 47% group, the other 53% pay full retail
post #67 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooter View Post

I understand three words in this post

which three?
post #68 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

The honest answer is probably, "everyone and nobody".

 

 

 

So like a RTW suit then :D.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › who actually does this forum cater to?