or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

These are made by Brooks Brothers Peal and Co which I believe is actually made by either Alden or AE.  Can anyone tell me who makes these?  And if anyone has them, or knows about them, and can tell me your opinions that would be a help.

 

 

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

These are made by Brooks Brothers Peal and Co which I believe is actually made by either Alden or AE.  Can anyone tell me who makes these?  And if anyone has them, or knows about them, and can tell me your opinions that would be a help.

 

 

Warning: Boots (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

I may be wrong, but I think most Peal is made by C&J, some of BB's other offerings are made in the USA by Alden and AE.

post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffEngineer View Post

 

I may be wrong, but I think most Peal is made by C&J, some of BB's other offerings are made in the USA by Alden and AE.


Peale & Co is C&J or Alfred Sargent (possibly one other maker). They are all British.

 

I believe AE and Alden are simply branded as Brooks Brothers.

post #4 of 12
All Peals are made in England.
post #5 of 12
by the look i'd say they are C&J. best way to tell is the heal tap. but these look very similar to a coniston in shape.
post #6 of 12

I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but it is actually pretty easy to tell who made it if you know what to look for. 

 

  1. All Peal & Co. shoes are made in England, so they are not AE or Alden.
  2. The heel (if you can see the bottom of the shoe) will probably either have one row or two rows of nails.  One row if nails indicates Crockett and Jones, two rows indicates Alfred Sargent.
  3. If they are made in USA, they will say so. 
  4. Typically if they just say "Made in USA" and if they are goodyear welted, they are made by Alden. 
  5. The shoes made by Allen Edmonds all seem to have the rubber topy half sole.  In addition, the bottom on the slightly older AE makes will say "Brooks Brother's - Goodyear Welted."  The more recent AE makes say "Allen Edmonds Expressly for Brooks Brother's."  Also, the AE shoes have a poron insole. 

Edited by MoneyWellSpent - 10/26/12 at 10:56am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

These are made by Brooks Brothers Peal and Co which I believe is actually made by either Alden or AE.  Can anyone tell me who makes these?  And if anyone has them, or knows about them, and can tell me your opinions that would be a help.



341 last, Crockett & Jones.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


341 last, Crockett & Jones.

Steve:  I thought all C&J made for Peal shoes and boots were on the 240 last.  Is that not the case?

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Steve:  I thought all C&J made for Peal shoes and boots were on the 240 last.  Is that not the case?

I think that is one of those internet facts that gets repeated and parroted without question until it reaches Unassailable Truth status.

I have a pair of those boots the OP asked about. Single row of nails, dovetail heel, 341. A quick look at the shelf reveals shoes containing the following numbers: 72, 240 and 317. All of these have the same look, construction, handwritten numbers inside, and all four of these numbers are C&J last numbers.
Edited by Steve Smith - 10/26/12 at 11:53am
post #10 of 12
Does that mean that these Peal & Co Chelsea boots are also on the 341 last?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.-Chelsea-Ankle-Boots/147H,default,pd.html?dwvar_147H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=2
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

Does that mean that these Peal & Co Chelsea boots are also on the 341 last?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.-Chelsea-Ankle-Boots/147H,default,pd.html?dwvar_147H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=2

Impossible to say without more pictures. I have a pair of Peal chelsea's from a season or two ago that look identical that are made by Alfred Sargent.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

Does that mean that these Peal & Co Chelsea boots are also on the 341 last?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.-Chelsea-Ankle-Boots/147H,default,pd.html?dwvar_147H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=2

Of course not. Several different makers manufacture boots and shoes for Peal & Co. FWIW, two seasons back those boots were definitely not C&J, probably AS as the poster jreigen mentions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE?