Related Forum Threads
- How does this suit fit? Last post on 11/20/12 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- Good Drop 8-10" (Euro Cut) Suits? Last post on 11/6/12 at 11:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Best suit quality and fit for under $1000 Last post on 5/29/14 at 5:13am in Classic Menswear
- Are these suits worth $500? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit for a College student Last post on 3/23/14 at 11:35pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Cool slim-fit suit wanted ... where to shop in London?post #1 of 1310/9/12 at 2:01pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 1310/10/12 at 4:09amThread Starterpost #3 of 1310/10/12 at 7:10am
Well from what I have seen on your link you like the currently in trend style of suit that would normally cost you around 1000 pounds. I think for you budget you should check out COS and Suit Supply..they will have a lot of choice. Also if you are desperate Topman do slim fit ,skiny suits bu the quality is going to be atrocious..post #4 of 1310/10/12 at 8:41amThread Starter
Thanks! I'm actually heading over to Suit Supply this evening after work... and i'll definitely check out COS too, i've just seen the website and it looks very on style for what i'm after, can't see much in the way of navy wool suits though but will take a look instore.
I know my budget is tight but at any cost i want to avoid having to settle on Topman ... was hoping £400 might net me something a little more special.
Any other ideas welcome!
DMpost #5 of 1310/10/12 at 12:22pmpost #6 of 1310/11/12 at 12:52ampost #7 of 1310/11/12 at 6:52ampost #8 of 1310/11/12 at 6:59ampost #9 of 1310/12/12 at 6:48amThread Starter
Well i did pop into Suit Supply, but unfortunately nothing caught my eye... they all looked like fairly standard city suits, maybe i'm wrong?
COS had something fairly close but the fabric mix was:
And the material was very heavy so i think this could be a bit too warm for indoor functions if i wanted to keep the jacket on?
Tomorrow i'll try the Paul Smith sale shop, Burberry outlet store, Aubin & Wills and possibly M&S but any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Again, this is the sort of style i'm after:
DMpost #10 of 1310/12/12 at 8:08ami don't really know suitsupply but some of the suits i've seen on the thread on this forum look pretty decent.
forgot to mention, definitely check out uniqlo's suits (specifically the ones labelled 'slim fit'), likely to be your best option on the high street. best to go to the big oxford street one, they have the best selection
edit: this kind of thing
http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/073803post #11 of 1310/12/12 at 9:11ampost #12 of 1310/21/12 at 12:18pmThread StarterSo I tried on a 100% navy wool twill suit in Cos today... as with all the suits I've been trying out in my current search, the 38 fits great round the neck and shoulders but is a little too snug round the body. 40 is too big all over!
I checked the 2 hems running up the back of the jacket and there seems to be enough material to get the 38 altered to fit, but i'm not really sure what I'm looking for. What do you think?
And can anyone recommend a decent place to get it done in central London and what sort of cost I might be looking at? The suit is a steal at £245 if I can get it altered.
- Cool slim-fit suit wanted ... where to shop in London?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 seconds ago
- › AS Miller MTO Cordovan with Pebble Grain shaft 46 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...