Related Forum Threads
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 1:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Cool slim-fit suit wanted ... where to shop in London?post #1 of 1310/9/12 at 2:01pmThread Starterpost #2 of 1310/10/12 at 4:09amThread Starterpost #3 of 1310/10/12 at 7:10am
Well from what I have seen on your link you like the currently in trend style of suit that would normally cost you around 1000 pounds. I think for you budget you should check out COS and Suit Supply..they will have a lot of choice. Also if you are desperate Topman do slim fit ,skiny suits bu the quality is going to be atrocious..post #4 of 1310/10/12 at 8:41amThread Starter
Thanks! I'm actually heading over to Suit Supply this evening after work... and i'll definitely check out COS too, i've just seen the website and it looks very on style for what i'm after, can't see much in the way of navy wool suits though but will take a look instore.
I know my budget is tight but at any cost i want to avoid having to settle on Topman ... was hoping £400 might net me something a little more special.
Any other ideas welcome!
DMpost #5 of 1310/10/12 at 12:22pmpost #6 of 1310/11/12 at 12:52ampost #7 of 1310/11/12 at 6:52ampost #8 of 1310/11/12 at 6:59ampost #9 of 1310/12/12 at 6:48amThread Starter
Well i did pop into Suit Supply, but unfortunately nothing caught my eye... they all looked like fairly standard city suits, maybe i'm wrong?
COS had something fairly close but the fabric mix was:
And the material was very heavy so i think this could be a bit too warm for indoor functions if i wanted to keep the jacket on?
Tomorrow i'll try the Paul Smith sale shop, Burberry outlet store, Aubin & Wills and possibly M&S but any other suggestions would be much appreciated.
Again, this is the sort of style i'm after:
DMpost #10 of 1310/12/12 at 8:08ami don't really know suitsupply but some of the suits i've seen on the thread on this forum look pretty decent.
forgot to mention, definitely check out uniqlo's suits (specifically the ones labelled 'slim fit'), likely to be your best option on the high street. best to go to the big oxford street one, they have the best selection
edit: this kind of thing
http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/073803post #11 of 1310/12/12 at 9:11ampost #12 of 1310/21/12 at 12:18pmThread StarterSo I tried on a 100% navy wool twill suit in Cos today... as with all the suits I've been trying out in my current search, the 38 fits great round the neck and shoulders but is a little too snug round the body. 40 is too big all over!
I checked the 2 hems running up the back of the jacket and there seems to be enough material to get the 38 altered to fit, but i'm not really sure what I'm looking for. What do you think?
And can anyone recommend a decent place to get it done in central London and what sort of cost I might be looking at? The suit is a steal at £245 if I can get it altered.post #13 of 1310/22/12 at 2:49am
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 19 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 2 minutes ago
- › Nick's Boots 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 20 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 24 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 27 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 27 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding