- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 10/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- SNS Herning Sweaters BNWT Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- £175 William Hunt Savile Row/Made in Italy 100% Pure Merino Wool Red Jumper: S Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Les Hommes mohair blend sweater, size 50 (Euro), BRAND NEW! Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:33pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- FS: NWT Awesome Drumohr rollneck sweater, size 48 IT, Free shipping within US Last post on 12/1/16 at 9:12am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- £175 William Hunt Savile Row/Made in Italy 100% Pure Merino Wool Red Jumper: S Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:09am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Can a v-neck undershirt be worn under a v-neck sweater? (Pic included)post #1 of 1710/8/12 at 10:18amThread Starterpost #2 of 1710/8/12 at 11:23amthe general consenus is that you should not see underwear (your undershirt) below a sweater. That is a very tight v-neck and it looks bad as is.
you'll want to wear a v-neck t-shirt that has a deep enough v that you don't see it. Many people also wear a button up shirt underneath the sweater.post #3 of 1710/8/12 at 11:47amThread StarterQuote:What do you mean by very tight? I just have a muscular build and had to go a size up even.Originally Posted by Quadcammer
the general consenus is that you should not see underwear (your undershirt) below a sweater. That is a very tight v-neck and it looks bad as is.
you'll want to wear a v-neck t-shirt that has a deep enough v that you don't see it. Many people also wear a button up shirt underneath the sweater.
So to be sure, are you saying the only options for wearing a v-neck are...
V-neck without undershirt showing
V-neck with button down underneath?
Thanks in advance.post #4 of 1710/8/12 at 11:52amI only wear v-neck sweaters when I have a button-front shirt underneath. I think the v-neck only or v-neck with slight undershirt look is sloppy at best and alarming at worst. I wear a crew neck sweater if I want to wear only a t shirt underneath. This is just personal preference, of course.post #5 of 1710/8/12 at 11:56ampost #6 of 1710/8/12 at 11:56ampost #7 of 1710/8/12 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1710/8/12 at 12:44pmpost #9 of 1710/8/12 at 1:11pmQuote:
If putting on a button down is so much effort for you, I think you're on the wrong forum!post #10 of 1710/8/12 at 1:14pmpost #11 of 1710/8/12 at 1:22pmpost #12 of 1710/8/12 at 1:25pmThread Starterpost #13 of 1710/8/12 at 1:28pmpost #14 of 1710/8/12 at 1:42pm
I think the OP is serious.
You may personally like the look, but most people on this forum will dissaprove. Let me add that I have only recently began to dress "like a man" as it were (I'm in my mid thirties). But even when all I wore were jeans, tshirts, long sleeve shirts, or short sleeve button down shirts I knew that showing your undershirt like the photos in this thread is REALLY TACKY.
The only thing tackier is when the sweater has a built in fake undershirt collar.post #15 of 1710/8/12 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
I only wear v-neck sweaters when I have a button-front shirt underneath. I think the v-neck only or v-neck with slight undershirt look is sloppy at best and alarming at worst. I wear a crew neck sweater if I want to wear only a t shirt underneath. This is just personal preference, of course.
I agree with this. I don't like the t-shirt-under-v-neck look at all.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC 10 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway