- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 10/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Inis Meain floating moss gansey (L) Last post on Yesterday at 4:36 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Jumpers : Margaret Howell x Loopwheeler + CP Company Last post on 7/26/16 at 2:16am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Elliott Washed Black Safari Hoodie Small Last post on 7/24/16 at 9:53am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- RRL Shawl Collar Western / Native American patterned sweater / sweatshirt Last post on 7/23/16 at 10:44am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Elliott - Assorted Items Last post on 7/24/16 at 5:42pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Can a v-neck undershirt be worn under a v-neck sweater? (Pic included)post #1 of 1710/8/12 at 10:18amThread Starterpost #2 of 1710/8/12 at 11:23amthe general consenus is that you should not see underwear (your undershirt) below a sweater. That is a very tight v-neck and it looks bad as is.
you'll want to wear a v-neck t-shirt that has a deep enough v that you don't see it. Many people also wear a button up shirt underneath the sweater.post #3 of 1710/8/12 at 11:47amThread StarterQuote:What do you mean by very tight? I just have a muscular build and had to go a size up even.Originally Posted by Quadcammer
the general consenus is that you should not see underwear (your undershirt) below a sweater. That is a very tight v-neck and it looks bad as is.
you'll want to wear a v-neck t-shirt that has a deep enough v that you don't see it. Many people also wear a button up shirt underneath the sweater.
So to be sure, are you saying the only options for wearing a v-neck are...
V-neck without undershirt showing
V-neck with button down underneath?
Thanks in advance.post #4 of 1710/8/12 at 11:52amI only wear v-neck sweaters when I have a button-front shirt underneath. I think the v-neck only or v-neck with slight undershirt look is sloppy at best and alarming at worst. I wear a crew neck sweater if I want to wear only a t shirt underneath. This is just personal preference, of course.post #5 of 1710/8/12 at 11:56ampost #6 of 1710/8/12 at 11:56ampost #7 of 1710/8/12 at 12:27pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1710/8/12 at 12:44pmpost #9 of 1710/8/12 at 1:11pmQuote:
If putting on a button down is so much effort for you, I think you're on the wrong forum!post #10 of 1710/8/12 at 1:14pmpost #11 of 1710/8/12 at 1:22pmpost #12 of 1710/8/12 at 1:25pmThread Starterpost #13 of 1710/8/12 at 1:28pmpost #14 of 1710/8/12 at 1:42pm
I think the OP is serious.
You may personally like the look, but most people on this forum will dissaprove. Let me add that I have only recently began to dress "like a man" as it were (I'm in my mid thirties). But even when all I wore were jeans, tshirts, long sleeve shirts, or short sleeve button down shirts I knew that showing your undershirt like the photos in this thread is REALLY TACKY.
The only thing tackier is when the sweater has a built in fake undershirt collar.post #15 of 1710/8/12 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
I only wear v-neck sweaters when I have a button-front shirt underneath. I think the v-neck only or v-neck with slight undershirt look is sloppy at best and alarming at worst. I wear a crew neck sweater if I want to wear only a t shirt underneath. This is just personal preference, of course.
I agree with this. I don't like the t-shirt-under-v-neck look at all.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 15 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 19 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 20 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Three years later... "Critique / make suggestions / comment on my... 26 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding