or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in - Page 14

post #196 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Because that is how it works and that is how it's always been. Weeks/matches are set Monday to Sunday and resets on Mondays. If you need to pick-up someone on Sunday to play Monday, then don't haphazardly use your pick-ups/drops, it adds as part of the strategy. You have to work around the system not the other way around.

Seems silly, it should be Sun - Mon so you can plan the following week. I don't see this as strategic, just silly. Its the first time I've encountered it and messes up what I wanted to do.

Anyway, do we have any power to change the setting? I vote it makes more sense to have it be Sun - Mon.

And I dont haphazardly use my add/drops, thank you satisfied.gif
post #197 of 341
If you arent haphazardly using your picks then this shouldnt be an issues. Mon to Sun makes the most sense and no need to even argue that shit just so you can set your team up a day early? Just play the damn game.

Its not silly, its the way things work. Week starts on Monday and you set it up from there. The issue is just on the picks anyways, you can set up your whole season from the start if you want and forget about it and just come back come playoff time. Again just conserve your picks and youd be good to go, it is about strategy, god stop asking for it to be easier for you instead of adapting to the system. Been playing Fantasy bball for 5-6 years now and this si the first time I amhearing of this kind of complaint.
post #198 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

If you arent haphazardly using your picks then this shouldnt be an issues. Mon to Sun makes the most sense and no need to even argue that shit just so you can set your team up a day early? Just play the damn game.
Its not silly, its the way things work. Week starts on Monday and you set it up from there. The issue is just on the picks anyways, you can set up your whole season from the start if you want and forget about it and just come back come playoff time. Again just conserve your picks and youd be good to go, it is about strategy, god stop asking for it to be easier for you instead of adapting to the system. Been playing Fantasy bball for 5-6 years now and this si the first time I amhearing of this kind of complaint.

Why you so upset over this? Relax man.

Its the first time I experienced the issue. I disagree. If you are allowed 3 add/drops in a week then they should apply to that week's games. Since an add/drop takes effect the next day, it should start the day before so the 3 you get HAVE AN EFFECT on the week you are planning for, IE Sunday

Its not stupid at all, its logical. I used my 3 this week and I went in this morning to plan for next week and was blocked. Honestly didn't expect that to happen.

So, do we have any control over this setting or not?
post #199 of 341
Nit mad but damn you complain about the littlest thing. This have been running like this since forever and you want to change it now? Again this is the first ive heard this complaint.

Your complaint isnt logical, its just a complaint because it is an inconvenience to you. Again save that 1 pick for sunday so you can set that guy to play for Monday. Is it that big of a deal? If you didnt save it, tough luck, you didnt plan your week accordingly and threw out the having to strateguze your team. Everyone plays the same way and no one is complaining. These are the rules and we have to adapt to it, not change so that you can have your monday lineup set up the way you want it. Again just play the game. Geez.
post #200 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Nit mad but damn you complain about the littlest thing. This have been running like this since forever and you want to change it now? Again this is the first ive heard this complaint.
Your complaint isnt logical, its just a complaint because it is an inconvenience to you. Again save that 1 pick for sunday so you can set that guy to play for Monday. Is it that big of a deal? If you didnt save it, tough luck, you didnt plan your week accordingly and threw out the having to strateguze your team. Everyone plays the same way and no one is complaining. These are the rules and we have to adapt to it, not change so that you can have your monday lineup set up the way you want it. Again just play the game. Geez.

I think I readily admit I was caught out, no? I just think its illogical, regardless of convenience. I assumed it worked a certain way and when it didnt, it made no sense so I brought it up.

So, can this be changed? Its a pretty simple question.
post #201 of 341
I don't think you can make league changes mid season. The 3 add/drop rule is fine. I almost complained to get it changed last year (Ambulance Chasers) but didn't really need it in the end and last year's team was DECIMATED with injuries.
post #202 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Marley View Post

I don't think you can make league changes mid season. The 3 add/drop rule is fine. I almost complained to get it changed last year (Ambulance Chasers) but didn't really need it in the end and last year's team was DECIMATED with injuries.

Exactly. Look, I know I am being a bitch here, but I made a big mistake in drafting 3 injured players. 1st time playing head to head. In cumulative its different, but I'm kinda fucked.

A 4th move would give teams with injured players some flexibility to make up games. Fantasy should introduce an IR, would at least provide some relief.

Thank gawd it seems Dirk may play next week. J Wall should have been back 3 weeks ago.
post #203 of 341
Thread Starter 
KG for Hibbert
post #204 of 341
^^ Tempting. Lemme think it over. Kinda worried Doc will start to limit minutes later in the season.
post #205 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Exactly. Look, I know I am being a bitch here, but I made a big mistake in drafting 3 injured players. 1st time playing head to head. In cumulative its different, but I'm kinda fucked.
A 4th move would give teams with injured players some flexibility to make up games. Fantasy should introduce an IR, would at least provide some relief.
Thank gawd it seems Dirk may play next week. J Wall should have been back 3 weeks ago.

Look, do not take this as being a dick and its nice you admit your being a bitch about it and that it is your fault but at this point, if you are fucked because you used your top drafts on injured players then you are just simply fucked and have to roll with it.

We can't change rules just because you and specifically only you at this point are doing terribly. I've been in last place and never complained, injuries happen if you didn't do your research before drafting (I don't think you even auto-drafted, you were there drafting and saw people pass up and still drafted injured players) then it really was all on you. This is the 3rd year we have been doing 3 drops/pick-ups a week iirc and no one has really complained about it just because they drafted terribly, if it's your fault then live with it, no need to alter the game for you to give you a better chance.

I apologize if this is being blunt and if I sound like a prick but you see it yourself what you are doing and are well aware that it can't be changed just to make life a bit easier for you or give you a chance 2 months after the league started. Just play the game and roll with the punches. If you can't improve then better luck next year.


Now please, let us move on from this.
post #206 of 341
Thread Starter 
wade be droppin' dimez
post #207 of 341
Thread Starter 
mikey 34 is killing it
post #208 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

mikey 34 is killing it

Fucking Goonies. He can't lose.
post #209 of 341
Thread Starter 
both are bitches for drafting so well. fuckers smile.gif
post #210 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Look, do not take this as being a dick and its nice you admit your being a bitch about it and that it is your fault but at this point, if you are fucked because you used your top drafts on injured players then you are just simply fucked and have to roll with it.
We can't change rules just because you and specifically only you at this point are doing terribly. I've been in last place and never complained, injuries happen if you didn't do your research before drafting (I don't think you even auto-drafted, you were there drafting and saw people pass up and still drafted injured players) then it really was all on you. This is the 3rd year we have been doing 3 drops/pick-ups a week iirc and no one has really complained about it just because they drafted terribly, if it's your fault then live with it, no need to alter the game for you to give you a better chance.
I apologize if this is being blunt and if I sound like a prick but you see it yourself what you are doing and are well aware that it can't be changed just to make life a bit easier for you or give you a chance 2 months after the league started. Just play the game and roll with the punches. If you can't improve then better luck next year.
Now please, let us move on from this.

Obviously the group would have to agree.

I propose we move to 4 moves a week. If nobody wants it, I'll roll with it. If a majority does, we should make the change. Seems fair to me.

And hey, you know I know that I know I fucked up my draft. But we are only 7 starters a night, so 4 moves a week seems a more reasonable balance. Sucks watching 2 starter nights.

Anyway, can we at least propose the idea?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Zero spots left-all full NBA Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball League 2012/2013 - $25 buy-in